Unpopular faves

sfelix

Bells
Anyone else got some villagers they love that everyone else seems to hate? I've seen some popular villagers like Raymond sell for hundreds of NMT, meanwhile some like Wart Jr people can't wait to get rid of. Does each and every villager have someone who loves them, or are there some who will never be loved? Who are your unpopular favs, and (if you feel like sharing) what makes them your fav?

Here's mine:
  1. Pate
    Amiibo_131_Pate.png

Folks don't seem to like her eyebrows, but I think she's super cute. In the Gamecube game, she put her house as close to mine as it was possible to get, and then gave me presents all the time for no reason.

2. Moose
    Amiibo_157_Moose.png

When I first saw him walking around in my town in CF, I thought "who the heck is this weirdo," but I quickly fell in love with him because he's so funny. I just generally find it hilarious to have a tiny mouse boasting about his bulging muscles. So many people hated him and that just made me love him even more.

3. Gaston
    167px-263_Gaston_amiibo_card_NA.png

I find his burly moustache funny, he's such a cranky old man. I miss his old house in WW which had all the mad scientist stuff. I had great fun getting him to redecorate his entire house with all the old lovely pink furniture.

4. Bitty
    Ac_A251.jpg

I thought she wasn't in NH - I haven't seen her and only today did I notice someone talking about her! I'm like most everyone else - not a fan of hippos - but she's an exception. I had her in the GC and I just found her snooty dialogue hilarious, especially when she was insulting me in that brutal way that only the GC Animal Crossing villagers did.
So how about anyone else, any unpopular favs? I'd love to hear your stories. :)

I don't understand the hate for Rodney. I had never seen him before NH, and the only reason I have seen him is because he gets a lot of hate. I personally don't see why people hate him so much, he looks pretty cute, and I'd be happy to have him one day should I need a smug villager.

i love truffles.
A1ZMaPomkDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
she was a villager in my gamecube town that me and my cousin shared when she lived with us.
we couldn't stand her because she was so mean lmao. but now she just brings back good memories when i see her. ;;

1. Maddie

I have memories of her in GameCube being a brat and trying to scam me but her design is so adorable that I found it humorous. I also love peppy villagers.

2. Snake
latest

A sweet boy with a unique design. He's always talking about working out but he's also incredibly friendly. And the inside of his house is a garden. A gardening jock is a very fitting description for him.

E: I like Rocket and Rilla although we've never had either. For Rocket, I think superhero villagers are cool and a Uchi one sounds awesome. Rilla is cute, she's a Gorilla who likes Hello Kitty, what's not to like? I guess most dislike them because they don't like the Gorilla designs.

Hopkins is another one, I enjoy the concept of him being an inflatable rabbit and I think he's interesting. Hopkins is a bit of a Dreamie, but unfortunately most of my Dreamies are lazy villagers so he's a bit overshadowed. Still cute though!

200px-Hopkins_NL.png

Pietro has a place in my heart because we had a friend who loved him years before we even played the game, and that rubbed off. I enjpy clowns, and never understood why people dislike them? He's just a cute clown sheep!

latest

Paolo we currently have on our Island and he quickly grew on us. We like Elephants in general so it wasn't too hard to find him appealing.

BELLA! I've seen people say she's ugly or scary, but she's like the sweetest little metalhead mouse you could ask for.

Rod. He's a super cute little pirate mouse!

Tasha! She's so sweet. She calls me tulip all the time and she's so cute ahh

71befmnSwhL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Idk why I see a lot of people hate these two? Muffy is a bit 50/50 it seems but I've not once seen anyone like Bella. Maybe it's because I had Bella in my GC town so I'm nostalgic, but yeah I really like them.

I don't know if he is unpopular but I had never seen Benjamin before I got him in a random amibo card package
I liked that he was a dog but thought he wasn't cute because of the red eyes. I was soooo wrong!

when I scanned his card in NH now (years after buying the card) I was so surprised by how cute he is
his yellow fur is sooo pretty and those beige marks he has omg ADORABLE! really love him so much now

I'm thinking of moving him out once I get his picture because I want to meet new villagers, but it's going to be so hard
because I really fell for him <3

2020051917180400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2020051917180700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

71befmnSwhL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Idk why I see a lot of people hate these two? Muffy is a bit 50/50 it seems but I've not once seen anyone like Bella. Maybe it's because I had Bella in my GC town so I'm nostalgic, but yeah I really like them.
Bella gang rise up haha

Cheri is my favorite villager!!! I don't think she often gets much hate or anything, but she is incredibly underrepresented I think! She fits perfectly as a peppy too. Plus I really like her house design and she plays K.K. disco which is one of my favorite songs in the game.

Apparently a lot of my faves, according to the tier lists. Felicity, Snake, Gladys, Nan and Hamphrey are all some of my favourites, but they don’t get all the love they deserve

I don't know if he is unpopular but I had never seen Benjamin before I got him in a random amibo card package
I liked that he was a dog but thought he wasn't cute because of the red eyes. I was soooo wrong!

when I scanned his card in NH now (years after buying the card) I was so surprised by how cute he is
his yellow fur is sooo pretty and those beige marks he has omg ADORABLE! really love him so much now

I'm thinking of moving him out once I get his picture because I want to meet new villagers, but it's going to be so hard

View attachment 259601
View attachment 259602
Can I just say, WOW! your beach is so pretty even from these small screenshots.. I might have to take inspiration haha

NVL_C_MEBQ_USZlow_039_R_ad.png

Have you seen anyone mention Cashmere at all? No? That's how underappreciated she is. Also, shes one of those ugly villagers. But to me, there's just something about her I love so much.

NVL_C_MEBD_USZlow_028_R_ad.png

This is the villager I was most fond of when I saw what all the E+ villagers looked like in 2012. When I saw Raddle he won me over, so much that I wanted him in New Leaf. It wasn't until when New Leaf released when I found out he wasn't in New Leaf. I hoped for the day when he'd show up in some sort of update. 4 Years later he came back and I was that happy teenager back in the day.

NVL_C_MEBU_USZlow_043_R_ad.png

I honestly like Sprocket more than I do of Ribbot. And the sad thing is, now that he's in the game, people pick Ribbot more than Sprocket. Thankfully for him I'm his favorite, so he has some fans out there. I'm one of them.

ordered them just now, will pm you tomorrow when theyre ready ^^

sure so my yellow springy ride for your white snack machine, will order it now and pm you tomorrow when its ready if thats alright with you!
1. Maddie

I have memories of her in GameCube being a brat and trying to scam me but her design is so adorable that I found it humorous. I also love peppy villagers.

2. Snake
latest

A sweet boy with a unique design. He's always talking about working out but he's also incredibly friendly. And the inside of his house is a garden. A gardening jock is a very fitting description for him.

View attachment 259601
View attachment 259602

these villagers are hated? but they’re so cute🥺

while she’s not hated, i really like gayle! she’s so adorable and is so underrated ;u;

1. Peggy the peppy Pig
She's so cute and I never see her being mentioned. She looks like she's from a Disney movie in my opinion.
I moved her in recently by scanning her amiibo. I wasn't familiar with her at all but fell in love when I invited her to my campsite the first time.
AfterlightImage 14.JPG

2. Boyd the cranky Gorilla.
I'm actually a big fan of many of the gorilla villagers. They give me Donkey Kong feels.

3. Mac the lazy Dog
I heard people calling him ugly but I adore his smooshed face as he resembles a pug in my opinion - that's my favorite dog breed. I hope I can have him living on my Island someday.

I like Gladys and Bella, they were/are in my new horizons town. They aren’t as loved as they should be! :giggle:

Back