• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Unova Remakes?

Do you want Unova remade?

• Total voters
Well, everyone has shared their thoughts and some I agree with, some I do not. I guess I'll share some of my own then. . . .

Unova is highly likely on the list of revisits and has been making the rounds online if you know where to look. It makes sense because money talks. Scarlet/Violet with all its flaws made millions, so what's stopping them remaking the beloved Gen 5 region? Nothing but hoping what they give us is good. Now, only a good trailer could convince me to buy an Unova game, a trailer that is an exact opposite of the last DLC trailer. So...new mons (designed well), new evos for old mons (designed well), Unovan forms (designed well), Original Dragon (designed well), stuff like that could get me to buy it. Simply making it a port with Fairy type and some later gen stuff like BdSp won't cut it.
I feel that. BDSP I didn't end up buying because it just did not compare to ORAS (we know they're capable of a good remake if they want to make one, we just need them to care enough to make one again)

But yeah, as much as it probably won't happen first, I really do believe X/Y remakes are more deserving.
I agree. Gen 6 was unfairly cut short. Zygarde getting shafted for his version and stuffed in Alola never sat well with me.

I feel that. BDSP I didn't end up buying because it just did not compare to ORAS (we know they're capable of a good remake if they want to make one, we just need them to care enough to make one again)
I think the negative response of BdSp might encourage them to consider taking remakes seriously again...but I'm not placing my hopes too high. They really need to entice me or I'll pass.

I agree. Gen 6 was unfairly cut short. Zygarde getting shafted for his version and stuffed in Alola never sat well with me.
I still remember back then people really wanted Pokemon Z because of how Zygarde was so important, but it never happened.

I would like nothing more than a new GOOD Gen 3 game but I would prefer a sequel, like BW3. I have absolutely no faith game freak would make a good remake of BW or BW2, which is my favourite game, so if they butcher a remake I would be livid. Atleast if they make a sequel I can pretend it doesn’t exist

I actually really appreciate BDSP because it was fixed perspective (and therefore less nausea inducing) and reminded me so much of the OG Diamond and Pearl. If there's anything innovative they could do with fixed perspective such as maybe a more stylized, illustrated art style (paper mario? spiritbearer? something else?), I'd love to see a remake.

I know the current trend is open world 3D, but I could do without another spinny camera game. I couldn't even finish Arceus or SwSh even because I was constantly being whipped around like a passenger on a rogue rollercoaster 😭

Yeah, I don't want Unova remakes, or even another Legends set in Unova.

One of the biggest things I like about remakes prior to BDSP, which are:
  • Gen 3: FireRed/LeafGreen
  • Gen 4: HeartGold/SoulSilver
  • Gen 6: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Is the fact that they fit in with the general aesthetic of the generation they're in. Each one has the similar graphical style as the base games of that generation, each one generally adds more than the games they're remaking.

BDSP does not look like Sword/Shield at all. GameFreak exported BDSP to another studio because they felt it was time for a remake, as opposed to actually doing a solid remake themselves. BDSP, IMO, would have been better if at the very least it had the same art style that Sw/Sh had as opposed to the chibi nonsense. Notably, they made no effort to include Dynamax/Gigantamax into BDSP. Now, I know that those are "exclusive to Galar" or whatever, but it's Pokemon. The lore has always been secondary to the actual gameplay, and changes depending on what GameFreak actually wants to do.

I worry about what a Black/White Black2/White2 remake would do. Would they cut seasons, or make them worse somehow? Would they cut Musicals or the Pokemon World Tournament? Actually, now that I think of it, PWT would absolutely be cut. They've stopped including Triple Battles and Rotation Battles, I would imagine these get cut as well. They would certainly not be in the same artistic style as Scarlet/Violet (which, IMO might actually be a good thing). TMs would be single-use again, almost certainly. Pokestar Studios would be cut or severely scaled back. Hard/Easy mode would also simply not exist.

I don't want the remakes because this company has consistently shown to make no effort whatsoever.

Back