• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Uncertainity Mafia (UPDATE ROLES) | Official Signup, Need 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're running an event for a community you need to put your own feelings regarding it to one side. Being a good host is a selfless act and requires focusing on the interests of the participants rather than your own. If a vanilla game is what the community wants right now, then perhaps this game should be placed on the back-burner and someone else host a vanilla game first? Maybe the story you've planned can be revisited at a later date with a revised set-up.
That's a fair point but no one bothering giving this a chance in the first place compared to other games. What's the point of setting it aside if no one will play it anyways?

I have been putting my own feeling aside when revising this game so it fits the interest of everybody. I have taken everyone's opinion to account regarding the current setup without including how I feel so it feels fair and balanced.

There's only one person asking for a vanilla game atm anyways

Post automatically merged:

Not all I said in from the start.
Give it more time, you will fill your queue
Not referring to you. <3
Post automatically merged:

I’m in!
You're the 7th, I'll take 5 more but possibly accept 10 if we can't reach this mark.

Last edited:
Be fair to Antonio in that he's making the right changes imo and it's gotten closer and closer to a better balance. I do think some of this should lean more towards people who aren't brand new but it's at least less broken.

Be fair to Antonio in that he's making the right changes imo and it's gotten closer and closer to a better balance. I do think some of this should lean more towards people who aren't brand new but it's at least less broken.
Thank you. Any other changes you had in mind?

------
This is irrelevant to the above.

Regarding the game setup, I wanted to make this game where you can get information using power roles but make it hard to push using said information so you are forced to find a motive to properly push. That's why I limited the main thread to no claiming or lying about night actions but allow town to share such information in a quick topic. Therefore, if you have information you can't claim and share it, you'll have to look at their posts and find a reason why they are scum and used that to properly push for their Lynch. Hence, uncertainty mafia.

It's like a vanilla game without any power roles. In said vanilla game, you'll have to find scum based off of their actions (which you can still do in this setup) since theirs no power roles to allow certainty in the main thread. People ofc can claim but they can lie and their word doesn't mean much unless there's someone to prove it but since there's no power roles, it's useless.

Last edited:
I’ll concede that I was rude in that message, I apologize. I hope that you get to host your game.

I’ll concede that I was rude in that message, I apologize. I hope that you get to host your game.
I don't think you were rude but I admit I responded harshly so I'm sorry aswell.

Here's hoping for 5 more ppl.

Thank you. Any other changes you had in mind?

------
This is irrelevant to the above.

Regarding the game setup, I wanted to make this game where you can get information using power roles but make it hard to push using said information so you are forced to find a motive to properly push. That's why I limited the main thread to no claiming or lying about night actions but allow town to share such information in a quick topic. Therefore, if you have information you can't claim and share it, you'll have to look at their posts and find a reason why they are scum and used that to properly push for their Lynch. Hence, uncertainty mafia.

It's like a vanilla game without any power roles. In said vanilla game, you'll have to find scum based off of their actions (which you can still do in this setup) since theirs no power roles to allow certainty in the main thread. People ofc can claim but they can lie and their word doesn't mean much unless there's someone to prove it but since there's no power roles, it's useless.

Why is lying about night actions illegal in main thread? It's essential for mafia and can be used in town strategy and I don't think that takes away from the neighborizing concept too much.

i suggest individually reaching out to players or trying to recruit newcomers because just leaving the thread open will take a long time for randoms to signup and its going to stagnate the queue. maybe also reach out to the current players to see how they each feel about the setup because from what im seeing a lot of potential players are deterred by it

i suggest individually reaching out to players or trying to recruit newcomers because just leaving the thread open will take a long time for randoms to signup and its going to stagnate the queue. maybe also reach out to the current players to see how they each feel about the setup because from what im seeing a lot of potential players are deterred by it
I'm quite busy till Friday, could you possibly help me out with this

hey sorry, it's been a while since the sign-ups started, cant we start with the people we have already? .-.

sorry to say this, but it's been nearly 3 weeks since these signups began. signups really can't be this long for the amount of people interested in hosting. I get you wanna do your setup, but i think you just need to start with what you have since its unlikely you'll get 5 more soon and the longer you wait, the people who signed up in the beginning may get busy. sorry to be blunt but i think its time you start the game

it's fine, I'm going to go and be depressed now. Yall can move on to the next match since no one bother to give this a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back