• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Uncertainity Mafia (UPDATE ROLES) | Official Signup, Need 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
FD10DB74-85D1-4835-9AB6-740243AE7A11.jpeg

It's like a game with out any power roles.

You can act upon information shared in group chat once seeked but it's put a spot on you so you'll have to find a motive to push properly.

I think I briefly stated this in your previous thread but I think the issue here is the information element. You can have a crazy amount of roles with questionable balance but this breaks the point of...how the mafia play to a point where I think it's dissuasive to join and less experienced people are going to be confused.

You were able to improve on role balance I think but at the end of the day this specific element that the set-up is based on breaks balance for a town win because in order to win with this seeker threat in play mafia has to chat amongst one another and understand what plays they want to make on an unspoken level while wifoming the mafia chat while also not having any spew-holes in the chat. I consider myself a pretty skilled wolf and unless I had a lot of history with my teammates I think I'd definitely struggle here.

That's why I can't personally put a stamp of balance approval on it but I also recognize that getting rid of it gets rid of your core concept.

The game is still alright to happen it's just that people joining need to understand what they're in for if they rand mafia and I see some new people.
Post automatically merged:

I'm still trying to decipher from op what you mean by filling the chats btw. If I'm misunderstanding what you said about infiltration and it's more about like...neighborizing then I think I can see it work out better.

Last edited:
Can you just make this a standard mafia? I joined but I am still wary of the town seeker dynamics. If I am mafia, this is going to be extremely hard for me. Mafia is supposed to know each other.

If he means 'respected chat' = a built neighbor chat then it could just be that I'm misunderstanding because at the same time he said he wanted to change the infiltration.

Can you just make this a standard mafia? I joined but I am still wary of the town seeker dynamics. If I am mafia, this is going to be extremely hard for me. Mafia is supposed to know each other.

They know each other if I understand correctly?

If he means 'respected chat' = a built neighbor chat then it could just be that I'm misunderstanding because at the same time he said he wanted to change the infiltration.

They know each other if I understand correctly?
It's neighboring(building respected group chats) without the possibility of Infiltrating.

Mafia don't know each other but can seek out more users at once to find their respected mafia members.

I can make it like that but if the seeker dies early on, mafia would have a much higher advantage compared to town.

If anything, the reason why theirs a mafia seeker instead of all together is because if the seeker dies early on, it will give the other side a huge advantage. If mafia was in communication since day 0, it be easier to figure out who the seeker is and if they successfully vote them off, they will cripple town for the majority of the game.

Both sides should face the risk.

Last edited:
I would disapprove of this in its current state because to put it simply, mafia is not a game of the uninformed majority vs the uninformed minority.

As it currently stands this is highly broken for mafia, whose core concept is that they know who each other are (a traitor here and there aside which is usually just used to prevent scumsided balance) and can chat at least during night to organize kills. And they can't really build a chat fast enough even with the 2-attempt joined/failed thing. The only true means towards achieving a win condition in this team's workable skillset early on is to each strongly avoid being lynched independently and hope the night voting and the mafia seeker you'll have works in their favor and that's not easy. Not to mention having to be concerned about town roles.

Also RIP to the game's sanity if @unravel rands survivor :p

But like.. feel free to run this Antonio but keep in mind that there are new folks joining and that human balancing is in the hosting sin bin (and should definitely be considered illegal) as much as it would mildly help a scumteam if a significantly experienced and skilled member gets the mafia seeker.

I know it would take away some uniqueness but if you want this to be cleanly balanced mafia need to know who each other are... which hurts the core concept.

Main thread no certainty rule is pretty ???

Sorry if I'm being too serious about balance but it sounded like you wanted it to be?

That's a good point so I'll change it so mafia are together but I'll have to adjust the roles for mafia aswell.

I'll do that tomorrow but take suggestions.

Oh wow seriously special mention, you sadist players want me to do it again? HAHAHAHAHAH

Seeker mafia role has been removed along with town blocker. Mafia should be in communication with other mafia as of night 0.

Town seeker may seek up to 2 people each day.

@Geoni anything else I should do?

I feel like most people aren’t really jiving with the mechanics here... I can tell you’ve put a lot of work/thought into this Antonio but from my perspective it just doesn’t look like it’s fun. I think a good handful of people share the sentiment they’d rather play a vanilla game.

I feel like most people aren’t really jiving with the mechanics here... I can tell you’ve put a lot of work/thought into this Antonio but from my perspective it just doesn’t look like it’s fun. I think a good handful of people share the sentiment they’d rather play a vanilla game.
Then why don't yall host a vanilla game once this is over. I worked extremely hard on this and have considered everyone's opinion regarding the setup and changed it accordingly but I guess it's not good enough and I should do something completely different than from what I hoped to do because people don't think this is fun enough without even given it a chance.

I had to change the roles so many times that it has effected the story I had planned out.

Then why don't yall host a vanilla game once this is over. I worked extremely hard on this and have considered everyone's opinion regarding the setup and changed it accordingly but I guess it's not good enough and I should do something completely different than from what I hoped to do because people don't think this is fun enough without even given it a chance.

I had to change the roles so many times that it has effected the story I had planned out.

Not all I said in from the start.
Give it more time, you will fill your queue

When you're running an event for a community you need to put your own feelings regarding it to one side. Being a good host is a selfless act and requires focusing on the interests of the participants rather than your own. If a vanilla game is what the community wants right now, then perhaps this game should be placed on the back-burner and someone else host a vanilla game first? Maybe the story you've planned can be revisited at a later date with a revised set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back