• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Uncertainity Mafia (UPDATE ROLES) | Official Signup, Need 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
This is terrible on purpose, don't hit me.

I made this so we can suffer together. Enjoy!

Welcome to Uncertainty Mafia! An Experimental Game that is filled with such uncertainty, you'll have to act upon motive not night actions. Please click the Role spoiler to understand how the game plays out.

Regarding Changes:
I thought it over and I remove the concept of infiltrating the opposing side group chat. Instead, Seekers objective is to fillup their respected group chats to discuss information given by night actions/discuss with people they trust. God role has been removed and replace with Jacks of Trades. Finally, Mafia are separated early on in-game and would use a voting method during nights. To learn more information, check out the ROLE Spoiler.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Important Rules:
You are not allowed to share any information gathered from night actions within the main thread. You may also not claim, vaguely hinting that you have information (which includes stating you can't say when voting someone off), or lie about certain information within the main thread. However, you are allowed to share information within the quicktopic once actively seeked by a Seeker (Look at Roles). When DM'd with given information, I would specify if you can share the information or not within the main post (just for clarification).

There should be zero certainty within the main thread. If someone does break these IMPORTANT rules, they will be modkilled on the spot.

The amount of roles will differ depending on the amount of who is playing.
Vanilla Townie - You have no special powers besides your voice alone.
Seeker - A Seeker's main objective is to fill up their respected group chats. Once seeked, that person would stay in the group chat for the remainder of the game. If the seeker dies, the chat will still exist but no more people can join.

If there is more than one seeker, y'all would have separate chats.

You may seek 2 people per night. Once seeked, you will get 2 results: Joined or
Failed. If you search someone who is town-aligned and not blocked, you will get a Joined result and they will join your chat. Otherwise, a Failed result will occur.

Seeker is NOT a cop role. Therefore, you are not allowed to share your failed results, ever. Not even in quicktopic. To balance the results out, there should be a mafia-aligned Blocker role to counteract your results.

Jack of all Trades - You have 3 abilities and you may only use them once throughout the game. They are all one-shots.
- Cop - Investigate someone during night. Returns a Town or Mafia result.
- Doctor - Protect someone during night.
- Roleblocker - Block someone from using their ability.
Mafia is separated in the beginning of the game and will use a most votes way of killing during nights.

Mafia Goon - You have no special powers besides your vote.

You may seek 2 people every night. Once seeked, you will get 2 results: Joined or
Failed. If you search someone who is mafia-aligned and not blocked, you will get a Joined result and they will join your chat. Otherwise, a Failed result will occur.

Seeker is NOT a cop role. Therefore, you are not allowed to share your failed results, ever. Not even in quicktopic. To balance the results out, there should be a town-aligned Blocker role to counteract your results.
Mafia Blocker- You may block one person from being seeked from Town every night.

Jack of all Trades - You have 3 abilities and you may only use them once throughout the game. They are all one-shots.
- Cop - Investigate someone during night. Returns a Town or Mafia result.
- Vig- Kill someone during night
- Roleblocker - Block someone from using their ability.
Survivor (optional depending on amount of who's playing) - Your objective is to survive in order to win. You will return a failed result when seeked by a Seeker, no matter what alignment.
Any changes or questions, feel free to ask.

Other information:
PMs: No out-of-thread communications unless specified. You will be modkilled if caught.
Activity: You are required to write atleast one worth while post during each day/night cycle. If you post multiple times, then this doesn't apply to you. By "worth while", I don't mean a one-sentence post.
Civility: These games can get heated, I should know. Just please refrain from insulting anyone. You will be receive a warning before a modkill.
Replacement: This game uses replacements until day 3.
Time Cycle and Phases: Days are 48 hrs, nights are 24 hours. Phases should always end/begin on 7PM EST unless specify otherwise or if i arrive late. If I am late, please DM me on Discord.

Day:
During Day, the town must choose someone to lynch. Whomever has the most votes on at the end of the day is lynched. Day will always be 48 hours long with night following.
Night: During Night, you can send in your night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, even if you haven't used your night action. Mafia will use the most vote method aswell.

The game will begin on Night 0, without any mafia kills. Only night actions.

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action and at worst is punishable by site ban.

Mod Font:
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Wisdom of the Crowds
WoTC is in effect this game. If a player has over half the playerlist with WoTC votes on them, they will be excused from the game. Please send these votes in via PM to me before the game starts.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional at times. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's only a game.

Surrendering:
No matter how much an alignment feels like they are in the most dire circumstances and believe there is not a single possibility to win, I still will not allow them to surrender and end the game. Fight the game out to the end; if you're the last mafia member and there is incriminating evidence that it is you, then I maybe will allow it. Otherwise, surrendering is not an option. If it's a extreme situation (family, school, depression, etc.) then let me know and we can discuss it.

Observer's Chat:
While spectators will be fueling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorize and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leak-proof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Encryption:
Don't create messages that are locked behind a code or secret message. I'm counting this as out of thread communication.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and a ban from mafia. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game. However, do keep in mind this may affect whether or not you can join a game at a future date.

Keep these rules in mind when playing the game. You have been informed of what is expected of you as the player.

Voting Rules

1. This game uses Plurality-Majority Lynch. Whenever a player has the most votes on them at the end of a day phase, they are lynched and out of the game til it ends. If a player happens to reach a majority of the votes before the deadline, that player will be guaranteed to be lynched. The time will be rounded to the next closest deadline and there will be extra time to keep things on schedule.
2. Voting will be done in the voting thread: [LINK HERE]
3. Please use the format: ##VOTE: [Username here]. There is no punishment for not using the format, but it makes it easier for me to notice.

Please read the rules, especially if you are new.

Last edited:
So mafia doesn't know who they are until they join the seeker quick chat? Also, is July 6 the start date?

I'm gonna think about it, already in 3 games during that time, but this sound unique and fun.

How is any side supposed to win if you can’t share any information in thread

How is any side supposed to win if you can’t share any information in thread
It's like a game with out any power roles.

You can act upon information shared in group chat once seeked but it's put a spot on you so you'll have to find a motive to push properly.

Last edited:
Since I will probably die D1/in

What happens if seekers die D1/N1 that factions won't be able to communicate, it would be so funny to see a night kill revealed as mafia.

this seems too confusing where most people wont join honestly antonio.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if town seeker can seek anyone and not fail or join anyone as town can use this group chat to do a POE.

It would be more fitting for mafia seeker to have a join/ fail mechanism though

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if town seeker can seek anyone and not fail or join anyone as town can use this group chat to do a POE.

It would be more fitting for mafia seeker to have a join/ fail mechanism though

I thought that too but if they pick mafia, they would know if somebody doesn't join which indicates that they are mafia.

The blocker role is there to nullify those results so there could be a possibility that the person didn't join because they were blocked.

I misread, if mafia joins the town thread then they can conclude who the seeker is due to chat history. Mafia Infiltrating would put town at risk.

Last edited:
Since I will probably die D1/in

What happens if seekers die D1/N1 that factions won't be able to communicate, it would be so funny to see a night kill revealed as mafia.
The chat stays alive even if the seeker dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back