• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tycoon Games?

What's your favorite type of tycoon game(s)?

• Aquarium Tycoon

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Baking/Cooking Tycoon

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • City Tycoon

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mall Tycoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Transportation Tycoon (ie Railway, Airplane)

• Zoo Tycoon

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other Tycoon Game (describe)

• I Have Not Played A Tycoon Game

• Do Not Enjoy Tycoon Games

• Total voters

Chrysopal

under-rated ā–”
Bells
Switch
1043-7584-5621
Island
Appleton
Father's Day Carnation
Red Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Reason being for the thread is I LOVE Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 2 3 and DLC's except the fireworks idea but it's all amazing and nostalgic. I have played a few other games like baking and zoo tycoons, but nothing is as addictive for me than Rollercoaster šŸ’›

It will be interesting to see the most popular Tycoon Game!
šŸ’­
(my guess is that Rollercoaster will be #1)

Last edited:
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 is the best. I played it a lot as a kid, and so did my dad (I think it was originally his game lol). We would always make fun of the guestsā€™ bowl cuts and use the Claw of Doom. But I also found out how if you name the guests after the creators, they do some interesting things. (Take photos, draw, paint, etc.) Iā€™ve actually got back into playing it recently, working on the ā€œpre-madeā€ parks this time.
Iā€™ve also played Zoo Tycoon but it just wasnā€™t the same.

Me and my friends spent countless hours on Rollercoaster, and Zoo tycoon games, although that were probably around 16 years ago.
Haven't played any since then.

Never played Rollercoaster Tycoon (did play a knock off version on PS2), but I did own Zoo Tycoon and Mall Tycoon. Mall Tycoon was pretty meh, but I loved Zoo Tycoon! Many hours were spent on that game. I used to play it every now and then up until a few years ago, when one day it inexplicably stopped working on my computer.

@QueenCobra The claw of doom? šŸ˜‚
I played RCT with my cousin and we'd have a separate area on the map for a 'pet'. I'd have a food, drink and bathroom stall, 1 ride and usually free so the pet doesn't get mad as fast. Also, did you know you could drown guests? But the park rating would be affected. Good times šŸ˜Š

Roller Coaster Tycoon had to be one of the best games out there growing up. It's a shame that they haven't really made a comparable game since. I even played it on the iPhone a few years ago, just waiting for it to be released on either PC or home console. Nope.

@Jhine7 It's on Switch!!
Internet_20220615_141726_2.jpeg
Internet_20220615_141726_1.jpeg

Hmm the one tycoon game I remember playing was something called "Mcdonalds Video Game" you can still play it online. I remember not enjoying it because it just kept on going forever trying to make a lot of money and then I remember losing then I got the game over screen saying "Shame on you!"

Hmm the one tycoon game I remember playing was something called "Mcdonalds Video Game" you can still play it online. I remember not enjoying it because it just kept on going forever trying to make a lot of money and then I remember losing then I got the game over screen saying "Shame on you!"
Oh my goodness!! I completely forgot about this game! Nice šŸ˜Š
Also there is a YouTube video about a McDonald's ds game! Kind of an interesting story..

I fell in love with RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 as a kid and am still impressed at what those games had back when they were released (both from a content and technical perspective). I recently played 2 again with a friend and still had a lot of fun building thrilling coasters. šŸ„°

I've not played any of the others.

Back