• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Trying to love a RUDE villager

Bells
Hi guys! I was just wondering, have you ever tried to love a villager but just can't because they're so rude? my villager Alli, the alligator is a good example of this. Now I'm not here to b"tch about Alli, I just wanna share my thoughts and experiences on her....

I try... I really do... you may be thinking, "but she's fake, why do you care so much". Well I love my villagers to death, I think of them in a way as if they were real lol. I try to love her but she's so rude. I know, you might be saying, "but she's a snooty villager, what do you expect". Well I have Bruce the cranky deer and he's one of the sweetest villagers ever! why can't Alli be sweet as well.. *sigh* there are times where I just want to scream at my 3DS screaming "JUST LET ME LOVE YOU, YOU SASSY *beep*". lol, today I felt really sad when she asked me if I wanted the furniture I gave her yesterday as a gift. She specifically said that "it is just to plain" for her house (even though its better than anything she owns but dont tell her that). Really pissed me off so I sold the shirt she gave me on my birthday lol. So guys, any villagers you own who are so rude but you love them to death? if so what are your experiences?

dont know why but this reminds me of chuggaaconroy between croque and shari
a mix of both

i felt this way about Miranda when she was in my first, original town. i tried to talk to her & befriend her but every time i felt like she just wasn't interested in what i had to say - plus she judged my upcoming hairstyles EVERY TIME (stillbitter)
since getting her again in my second town tho' she's just super sweet to me? she just sent me some socks this morning hahah ; i mean she's still her usual stuck-up self but i've grown to like her ~

so...i dunno, i don't think it's really the same as your situation because i don't think she's technically the same Miranda, it's weird how they can be so different in other towns, but still!

one reason why i let Freya go, i hate the snooties.... they can be too "rude" sometimes with that 'tude they have... Freya was nice at times, she even gave me medicine for a bee sting... but another time she said my look was so "last week" plus i just dont like their whole "Hey Mayor! im the queen so **** off" kind of attitude... :I

Last edited:
For me its Deirdre. I feel like shes one of the ruder uchis. I like her but that deer got some 'tude.

Villagers are barely even rude in this game, to be honest. You should try playing the GC Animal Crossing then tell us what you think of the snooty and cranky villagers on that game lol

i felt this way about Miranda when she was in my first, original town. i tried to talk to her & befriend her but every time i felt like she just wasn't interested in what i had to say - plus she judged my upcoming hairstyles EVERY TIME (stillbitter)
since getting her again in my second town tho' she's just super sweet to me? she just sent me some socks this morning hahah ; i mean she's still her usual stuck-up self but i've grown to like her ~

so...i dunno, i don't think it's really the same as your situation because i don't think she's technically the same Miranda, it's weird how they can be so different in other towns, but still!

Interesting! she seems/looks like one of those types of people/animal that is all bossy and rude but inside theyre just insecure and lonely. :( idk, there is something about her that just makes me want to own her... but then again, I already have 2 duck villagers lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

one reason why i let Freya go, i hate the snooties.... they can be too "rude" sometimes with that 'tude they have... Freya was nice at times, she even gave me medicine for a bee sting... but another time she said my look was so "last week" plus i just dont like their whole "Hey Mayor! im the queen so **** off" kind of attitude... :I

LOL, Freya seems like one of those characters who try to overthrow you from your thrown lol. Seems like she's trying to steal your position as mayor. Or maybe she's just jealous ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

For me its Deirdre. I feel like shes one of the ruder uchis. I like her but that deer got some 'tude.

Oh really, never knew she could be rude. Thought she was a quiet innocent villager lol whoops, thought wrong

Erik...I loved him to death and he is a dreamie of mine...

until he packed his bags and moved without telling me and
didn't even leave a letter!

I feel so hurt *-*

I also gave him a new bed because he got rid of his
and it was in retail to the next day

I gave him a shirt and he started wearing it...
the stupid Marshal spoke to him and he changed
it

part of me is glad he moved

Last edited:
Villagers are barely even rude in this game, to be honest. You should try playing the GC Animal Crossing then tell us what you think of the snooty and cranky villagers on that game lol
If you can believe it, there are a lot of people who miss how rude some of the villagers were. They said it felt more realistic.

THIS.

Tbh I wish the snooty/cranky villagers were a lot meaner. I only really played the GC game before NL (tried WW and CF and really disliked them) and I remember being absolutely terrified of Chow and I hated going to see him at first but when I finally became friends with him it was one of the most satisfying things EVER.
Now everyone's just way too mellow for me. Like I go up to my snooty villagers and I'm like 'WHY AREN'T YOU BEING RUDE??'

What breath mint says is very true, the cranky and snooty villagers in previous games would be very rude towards the player until they got to be good friends. It made it all much more worthwhile as it was nice watching the villagers warm up to you and change dialogue. I actually find the uchi villagers to be far ruder in this game, which is why I don't have any. I used to have Deirdre and I just got so fed up of hearing her say, 'you again what do you want'...even when we got to best friend level she was still greeting me this way.

Yeah, I know what you mean. For me it's not a specific villager type, but some villagers just seem ruder than others. For example, my snooty villager in NL, Opal, is an absolute sweetheart, a sort of self-centered sweetheart but she is very caring, and my cranky villager, Monty, is pretty much just as sweet. The rude, bane of my existence villager is a peppy villager, Peggy. Meanwhile, my other two peppy villagers, Dotty and Felicity, are super sweet, but something about Peggy always seems rude and insincere.

My only recommendation is that with all villagers, they tend to act friendlier the more you talk to them, so if you really wanted to learn to love a snooty villager, talking to them a lot will make them feel like better friends with you. But I also think that certain villagers just don't mesh well with certain towns or certain mayors, so it may be good to try to let her leave.

It may just be how you perceive that villager. Not all snooties are bad. Like Soleil and Ankha are good snooties but I hate Purrl. It depends on how you click with a villager.

I had this with a rhino villager (can't remember their name) eventually I just let them go they where so annoying.

I feel exactly the same way! I try to force myself to like certain villagers so much, because I really want to like them because I think their design is pretty cool and I think it won't be fair if I don't give a villager a chance before getting to know them, but because they act so rude to my character, I can't help but want them on the first train out of town. An example of this is the female snooty penguins. I just can't like them no matter what. I've tried to but they just seem to not want my friendship no matter what or it seems that way, since they always used to put their houses in the most ridiculous places and be nothing but rude to me.

With snooties, I honestly think they are way way way way (x100) nicer than they were in previous games. The dialogue in new leaf is nothing compared to ACGC. In ACGC they literally made it clear they are above you and will never stoop to the likes of you. In new leaf they compliment you quite often, and when they do it actually sounds sincere. I remember in ACGC if they ever complimented you there'd probably be something like "just kidding you're lame!" at the end. So snooties have become one of my favourite personalities for that reason, that and I feel like i've actually achieved something by becoming friends with them.

But I agree, there's so many villagers I've wanted to like but couldn't. The uchi's are way too blunt sometimes (almost ACGC level blunt) and it gets on my nerves. Like honestly, was it really necessary to trash talk my house? LOL. Only uchis I can stand are Fuchsia, Katt, Flo and Phoebe. The rest I want to like, but I know if I did have them i'd probably get annoyed with them.

But I guess it's how you see a villager design wise. I've had villagers who I imagine to be the real snooty type, like above everyone else kind of thing so for that reason i've disliked them and have interpreted their comments to be said in sarcastic tones. But i've had other snooties like Purrl, who have been nothing but sweet and don't seem to let the "snooty fame" get to their head.

Last edited:
I think snooties and crankies are great. Earning their friendship is 100% more satisfying than being friends with, say a normal, who's just nice to you right from the get-go. I love listening to Diana and her snarky/sarcastic remarks about everything. I find her personality a lot more interesting that normals or peppy villagers. And once you get to know them more and more, they are actually really nice. Plus all villagers will sell the stuff you give them anyway, even sweet, sweet Merengue xD lol

Back