• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

trouble moving a villager in

Bells
so i asked stitches to move in from another players town on thursday the 25th. in my timezone it was about 4/5am, i think their date and time was completely changed (it was snowing).

no plot appeared the next day, and both saturday and sunday were events (bug off/fireworks). it's monday now, and i've gone through a a new save to check for his plot- but nothing. in my experience and what other boards have said, it usually is only a day or two.

anyone else had something like this? is he going to end up not moving in because it's taken so long?

i'm going to try checking again tomorrow in the hopes that he wasn't somehow lost.

I've had people plot during events so I don't think that has anything to do with it, he did agree to move in right? Usually it's only taken a day or two for someone to move in.

When I adopted Sprinkle her plot appeared on the 4th day, so it's not always the 1st. Did Stitches agree on moving?

are you sure that stitches actually agreed to move in? if he did, while the plot normally appears the day after, sometimes it can take longer

check the other days. if you are positive he said he is going to move in he should

to those who asked, yes he definitely agreed. it was a while ago and i cant remember what he said exactly word for word but he agreed. i had 9 villagers at the time so i don't see why he wouldn't agree either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if this stitches doesn't move in, you can ask mine. idk what to do though

also thanks that would be real nice of you

Last edited:
update/ i just messaged the person i'd gone to adopt from, and they're saying another player who came that evening to get another villager is having the same problem. could their date effect a villager moving out?

update/ i just messaged the person i'd gone to adopt from, and they're saying another player who came that evening to get another villager is having the same problem. could their date effect a villager moving out?

no, once they are in boxes they will move 100%, and when someone has come to adopt the villager it says that the villager has moved out on their house.
the date doesn't affect it.

idk what it is but if two people are having the same problem then that's really weird. did they have bad wifi?

It's not the date, though I can't help with the rest I'm sorry. I've moved villagers between my two towns in the past and the towns aren't even in the same year, let alone season.

Whatever else is going on, it's not got anything to do with the date.

i think their wifi was ok, it was the first time i'd adopted a villager from them. they do giveaways etc often though, so i would assume it's something they know how to do well. nothing cut out during the visit, it all seemed fine until i realised he may actually end up not moving in

Is Stitches's house still in the other town? If so, does it say "moved out" on the door when someone tries to enter it?

Is Stitches's house still in the other town? If so, does it say "moved out" on the door when someone tries to enter it?

think he's gone from there as well. the player doesnt know what's happened, and both me and another person have lost a villager we wanted to adopt. i mean luckily it was a first come first serve giveaway, but the excitement has built up to nothing when you realise he's just not going to move in.

Hmm,aside from technical problems,from what I know the only other things that might delay a villager from moving in are if you had/have another villager in boxes when you asked Stitches to move in,if you had a villager that just moved out or if you have no space for a new villager plot in your town.If you don't have space the villager that's supposed to move in will send you a letter saying that they can't move in for various reasons.

Hmm,aside from technical problems,from what I know the only other things that might delay a villager from moving in are if you had/have another villager in boxes when you asked Stitches to move in,if you had a villager that just moved out or if you have no space for a new villager plot in your town.If you don't have space the villager that's supposed to move in will send you a letter saying that they can't move in for various reasons.

i'd moved cole out a little before, so the space was free for a new villager. hopefully he'll ever somehow turn up, or i'll get that depressing letter

How many days has it been? Like I said, Sprinkle moved in 4 days after adopting her, I didn't even expect to get her that day, I thought she was gone for good when she didn't plot the first day.

How many days has it been? Like I said, Sprinkle moved in 4 days after adopting her, I didn't even expect to get her that day, I thought she was gone for good when she didn't plot the first day.

i went to talk to him (in boxes) 4 days ago, it was technically Thursday on my end around 4/5am. i checked on friday, and there was nothing but i wasn't worried. Saturday and sunday were both events, and i'd read that villagers cant move in then, although someone else in this thread said actually they can. it's monday now and i've checked for a plot but nothing.

Last edited:
I know they can move on events. At least I have had plots durning the bug off. All you can do is wait.

Back