• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Trantualas and Scorpions... OH MY!

kendallrosee

shady trash
Bells
New Horizons Token
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
So I just caught my first tarantula and scorpion in the same night! I'm so excited!

It only took me about an hour... but I'm so excited I don't have to spend time searching for them anymore!

So to celebrate I would like to hear about your experiences.

Tell me your tarantula and scorpion triumphs and woes!

I tried catching a tarantula for weeks this summer but I failed. might tt back to june or something some time... idk..... They are a pain to catch. i caught the scorpion tho

i tried to catch a tarantula and scorpion. I found a scorpion but it jumped into my river. I never found a tarantula. ill just wait till next summer XP

Tarantula- Pretty easy, caught like 12 not even kidding in Augest, guess my town just loves them.
Scorpion- OMG SO HARD. I spent soooo long trying to catch one. I found around 3, missed each time. I finally got one, when I did 'YOLO I GIVE UP' and ran up to it and nailed it. After that I caught two more! I'm happy September and Augest is over, they scare the crap out of me.

....I can't catch...one. its been a year i started playing in August 2014 so i've had basically 4 months out of the year to catch them. Nada! They're extremely hard for me and once i got knocked out by a tarantula and it sent back to my house then right outside my house another knocked me out! I didnt move a inch! Ugh!

Congrats though :3

I don't think I've ever caught one. >.< Ten years of playing AC games that had them and I still haven't caught one...

I've only seen them each once and both times they got away, jumping off cliffs into rivers... bunch of jerks, and when I went into a building and then slowly went around my town to find them i could never find them again...

I was running through my town, saw a Scorpion in front of my Town hall and ran away from it. Then I realized what it was so I went back and it was gone.

Then I was coming out of my house and there happened to be a tarantula just sitting there so I caught it. Yay!

Okay, so for the first two years I carried my net around looking for them. Needless to say, I was getting attacked left and right and refused to go outside during summer. It was terrifying. Then FINALLY I realized that if you kept your net inactive, they left you alone. Talk about lame. Since then, I catch them all the time. But yeah, I was an absolute moron.

Lol, I had the worst time trying to catch a tarantula. Scorpion? Easy. Tarantula? I would get attacked every single time I tried to catch one. It was always due to me making a dumb mistake, too. Like I'd pull my net out too early or, the tarantula would be right out in the open ready for me to catch, and I'd get nervous and miss. So silly! I eventually got one after about ten tries, though. Then they kept popping up left and right and I ended up catching quite a few. Practice makes perfect, I suppose!

I remember one night when I was just running between Re-Tail and the dock to sell stuff, when I randomly see A TARANTULA CHASING AFTER ME. I didn't catch it, but luckily I got into Re-Tail in time. That really made me jump! XD

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've caught a tarantula before. I don't even remember seeing any scorpions around town, though.

Lol, I had the worst time trying to catch a tarantula. Scorpion? Easy. Tarantula? I would get attacked every single time I tried to catch one. It was always due to me making a dumb mistake, too. Like I'd pull my net out too early or, the tarantula would be right out in the open ready for me to catch, and I'd get nervous and miss. So silly! I eventually got one after about ten tries, though. Then they kept popping up left and right and I ended up catching quite a few. Practice makes perfect, I suppose!
Your the complete opposite of me.. Wow.
I couldn't catch the scorpian, tarantula is so easy

I've caught one scorpion and one tarantula. Unfortunately on two different characters XD

The tarantula I totally wasn't expecting to catch, I happened to be holding my net when it jumped out at me from behind a bush. I swung my net frantically and just so happened to get it!

I kind of have trouble seeing the tarantula, it blends in too well. I see more scorpions and I can hear the sound they make better. I got lucky I saw the tarantula I did catch because it was hiding behind a tree

Last edited:
Congrats on catching both in one night. It was a huge accomplishment when I caught each one.
2013 I only saw them when I didn't have the net. Spent too much time on the island.
2014 All three mayors caught both and completed their museums. It took awhile to figure out those bugs. A lot of jumping into the river or over the cliff, disappearing in a flower bed PWP and walking into a tree.
2015 All side players and the new mayor in my other town caught both bugs. 11 players now have both bugs.
One of the side players and mayor had some fun/horrible times catching them. Went to nail one because it wasn't moving and just when the net went down it moved. Wished I could have video her running. Ran to the cliff that I could jump off of but didn't have the wetsuit so ran up to town hall and went inside. As the door shut it sat down. The mayor walked over a lot of tarantula because they kept hiding in the flowers. She was in a hurry to open the gates. Lucky it freaked out and disappeared.

Teddy the villager in my main town caused two bugs to freak out and disappear. The 2nd year I still needed the bug and wasn't happy. The following year I wanted the other one so didn't care. One time a tarantula was kind and waited for Lolly to stop talking to me. I just started the game and she pinged. After I was done I nailed the bug. It didn't even try to move.
Another time I had one hanging off the cliff and it was stuck. I was afraid to go for it but decided to try. Nailed it. It must have been a glitch.

Back