Toyhouse question!

Toyhouse is primarily a place to store your OC's and their art, although you can also buy/sell/trade OC's (or just look at for inspiration) if you're into that sort of thing. In order to actually get in though, you need a code from someone else who is already on the site, and they can only get those codes from either 1. a premium membership, or 2. the rare occasion the site hands out a couple free to everyone. I still have quite a few on my account that I don't really use, so if you want a code then feel free to DM me and I can pass you one for free.

Basically what xTech said, but they also have forums on there too for art sales/trades, art games, other discussions etc. It's pretty cool and you can even customize your character pages with HTML/CCS and sort the art you have of them, even dividing your characters by worlds or categories if you have those for them and linking your characters with others'

Toyhouse is primarily a place to store your OC's and their art, although you can also buy/sell/trade OC's (or just look at for inspiration) if you're into that sort of thing. In order to actually get in though, you need a code from someone else who is already on the site, and they can only get those codes from either 1. a premium membership, or 2. the rare occasion the site hands out a couple free to everyone. I still have quite a few on my account that I don't really use, so if you want a code then feel free to DM me and I can pass you one for free.
Basically what xTech said, but they also have forums on there too for art sales/trades, art games, other discussions etc. It's pretty cool and you can even customize your character pages with HTML/CCS and sort the art you have of them, even dividing your characters by worlds or categories if you have those for them and linking your characters with others'

thanks for the info!! pretty neat place to organize the mess i have LOL i'd love to grab a code if that's alright!

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I have a question about toyhouse as well; someone just gave me a code so I made an account. So first I was wondering if most artists here are okay if I store an artwork I commissioned from them there? I plan on saving them on my computer and phone but was thinking an extra place would be helpful as well as being able to link gallery when providing refs for future commissions. I plan on asking every artist I commission just to make sure it is okay. just wanted an idea if a lot of people don’t mind.

Also aside from what was mentioned in the previous posts, anything I need to know as a newbie user?

Last edited:
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I have a question about toyhouse as well; someone just gave me a code so I made an account. So first I was wondering if most artists here are okay if I store an artwork I commissioned from them there? I plan on saving them on my computer and phone but was thinking an extra place would be helpful as well as being able to link gallery when providing refs for future commissions. I plan on asking every artist I commission just to make sure it is okay. just wanted an idea if a lot of people don’t mind.

Also aside from what was mentioned in the previous posts, anything I need to know as a newbie user?
I think Toyhouse is a great place for compiling all your commissions and it lets you link the artist for each image, too. Toyhouse is so character centric compared to a regular gallery. I think each artist expects that you can use their art as long as you credit them. There are a few art shops here who state that the image can only be used on TBT, though...

Most people usually don't mind, but I think people prefer to be linked/credited to other social media accounts or their own toyhouse rather than be linked to tbt. I can imagine a situation where someone browses toyhouse or your characters and see a piece of art/style they like and might be interested in following or commissioning an artist and they click the credit link and it just sends them to this animal crossing forum.... LOL
so I would ask or look for their other sites they use before linking to tbt, otherwise just do that!

I think Toyhouse is a great place for compiling all your commissions and it lets you link the artist for each image, too. Toyhouse is so character centric compared to a regular gallery. I think each artist expects that you can use their art as long as you credit them. There are a few art shops here who state that the image can only be used on TBT, though...

Thank you so much for the reply! :) Just to be safe I’ll just continue asking each artist I commission how they feel about it and if I get the okay, make sure I write in the comment who made the art and link back to the shop or gallery.

Most people usually don't mind, but I think people prefer to be linked/credited to other social media accounts or their own toyhouse rather than be linked to tbt. I can imagine a situation where someone browses toyhouse or your characters and see a piece of art/style they like and might be interested in following or commissioning an artist and they click the credit link and it just sends them to this animal crossing forum.... LOL
so I would ask or look for their other sites they use before linking to tbt, otherwise just do that!

Thanks so much for replying! Ah good point lol. I’ll definitely keep that in mind :).

Back