Town themes frozen at 4 PM

lemming

Bells
Hello friends,

I was hoping someone could point me in a helpful direction or relate if they have seen this in their game before. So with all the hype of the new Animal Crossing game being released... and overturning classic village life into a series of (find 50 of these) hurdles.
Anyway this led me to boot up my old GCN copy of the game and see what's still happening over there. Upon acclimating myself to the town I used to live in (and finally getting that upstairs) I started paying attention to the hourly time changes. Perhaps one of the most endearing aspects of the game which anchors it to the present world, is that cyclical hourly change of tunes/themes. For my game, which I'm playing on original disc and hardware, the clock will advance but the music theme remains identical. This has put a damper on the feeling and mood of the game, of course. I am hoping to get a chance to play my town on a different unit (the Wii, ideally) and see whether the tunes will again cycle. Quite a strange bug to say the least and I am wondering if this is common to anyone else here in the community?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Is it raining? On rainy days, the same song will play the entire day.

That has to be the most likely scenario, thanks for bringing that to my attention!

It really has been awhile (almost 13 years) since visiting my past town. So this totally had slipped my mind.
Also my preference is to keep the date synced to my own, and April does tend to above average rain it seems!

If it's raining outside then the same song will play every hour for 24 hours straight. That's one of my least favorite aspects of AC:GCN, but luckily it doesn't happen all the time.

If it's sunny/snowing or cherry blossoms are falling then it'll play a different tune every hour (with a slight variation for the snow/blossom days).

Back