Tips on starting over?

Yulaldie

Bells
Hello everyone!
I've been absent recently as my file became corrupted and I lost everything ;;

Does anyone have any tips/advise for restarting the game? I've been pretty upset about it but decided that tomorrow I'll pick it back up... I miss my town! In some ways I'm excited to choose a new map, though it's very daunting to have to work from the ground up again and go through the drama of getting my dreamies back. I assume you can keep resetting to try get OK starters? Thanks in advance. :blush:

Sorry to hear about your corruption! A fresh start can be a good thing though, stay positive!

As for tips/advice there's plenty to be found all over the place. This guide and this one here are very good places to start for general information. You will note that the first one has a video guide that helps you choose an ideal town map.

Another thing to consider is that playing the game a slightly different way (e.g. setting targets for yourself or attempting a different theme to your town) can really refresh your gameplay experience.

Hi Yulaldie,

You can keep resetting to get starters you like. There will be 5 villagers in the town when you reset each time. There is a crazy statistic of a .01% chance to get the exact same 5 villagers, so they will be different each time.

Here is a guide to all 333 in New Leaf:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Villagers

Maybe since you lost your villagers to corruption, you could either - try to get them back, or create a whole new experience and find all new villagers to love.

I also agree with scartwright - give yourself a new goal or challenge you've never tried in AC before - pick a badge you really want to achieve, or expand your house and have theme rooms. Or a theme town.

Or...just go with the flow. There are many options, and no "wrong" way to do things! Most important: have fun!

I am sorry that your game got corrupted but yeah theres a lot of people here that are willing to help you catalog all the orderable items in catalog, sell or gift you the furniture series you need for houses, open their towns which have high turnip prices so that you can make bells quickly! Good luck and I wish you the best! You can do it!

That's terrible! So sorry to hear that your town got corrupted!

I think you should focus on finding a map you really like more than who you start with. Villagers can move out, but your map is permanent. But any dreamies you do get as starters are an added bonus. It's even better if you get your highest-tiered dreamies as starters as it saves you from spending loads of TBT and IGB to buy them from other people on here.

I'm sorry to hear :(

I would make sure you pick a name, fruit and layout you really love because you can always get your favorite villagers!

Back