Time for my monthly Spring cleaning, or in this case end of Summer cleaning

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I do a spring cleaning every month, whenever I get that far. During it, I go through my storage and clean out anything I don't need or want, get rid of duplicates and clean up my town of items I dropped throughout the month and never went back to get. Like right now, I have a whole bunch of clothes sitting in front of my train station.

Just like in real life, this isn't fun but it's got to be done.

I feel you. Diamond is completely covered in items I either bought and had people drop off or just random junk I dumped on the ground because I needed pocket space. I really should clean up a bit. Lol.

It's not just junk on the ground though, I have clothes, furniture, fossils, ores, tools, fruit, you name it, I got it, thrown haphazardly into my inventory and secret storage. Often times, 3 or 4 of the same items too. i just buy everything in the stores without knowing whether I have the items already or not.

I do this too but I just do it when ever I feel like instead of keeping a schedule. I usually just organize my clothes, sort through my mail, fix my house. I did this in WW too.

(Maybe I shouldn't post but I just can't help it.) Just like in real life I keep up with it regularly so it never gets that way. I have learned over the years that I hate the stress of the mess more than I dislike having to keep up with it every day!

Eh my general pattern of cleaning on acnl is weird. I drop fossils by retail or on the way to retail on a bridge. Then like once a week I clean them up an put them in storage. Then maybe once I month I bother to get them actually identified. I don't actually look for fossils anymore it's just ones I come across.
Next to that I pile bush starts by retail.
Maybe once every two weeks to a month I'll clean out and go through my storage as well. Maybe every two months. I get really really lazy about it.
Plus o haven't been playing acnl very much lately.
Not really sure why, it's not like I'm busy or anything.

I have to do this every so often too because I'm just a terrible hoarder. Items that I know I'll never use and that I don't even like, doesn't matter let's just put them in the cupboard. And turnips. I'm terrible for buying turnips and then forgetting to resell them so I just end up with a cupboard full of rotting vegetables :S

I rarely clear out stuff, I think I'm a quite organised person. I have nothing on the ground by my train station or plaza. :)

Last edited:
It took me about an hour to do. i made a good chunk of bells too from selling duplicate items, it was about 50k bells.

Now I can load up my game today and change Elizza's outfit without going through fifteen pages just to find one shirt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not an organized person at all.
Right now, I have things all organized but it will be messy again in about a week.

Back