• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Time Capsules/Letters

chriss

Bells
Switch
4957-7845-1383
Island
Solitude
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Mailbox
Cake
So I just received a Time Capsule from one of my villagers and was asked not to open it and just bury it i the ground.

Made me wonder, would you guys do? Would you open the package/letter or just fulfill their quest without snooping?
Sometimes the curiosity is too much and I give in hah

I just had the same thing. I buried it in the ground, then told the villager I buried it. They were happy, but no reward. I went back and dug up the time capsule, opened it, and got a modern dresser. When I went back to said villager, she was all disappointed that I'd opened it, and took the now unburyable capsule back.

I'm wondering if I'd just left it buried, if maybe the next day she would have given me a reward?

I just had the same thing. I buried it in the ground, then told the villager I buried it. They were happy, but no reward. I went back and dug up the time capsule, opened it, and got a modern dresser. When I went back to said villager, she was all disappointed that I'd opened it, and took the now unburyable capsule back.

I'm wondering if I'd just left it buried, if maybe the next day she would have given me a reward?

Hmm...yeah I think they give you a reward later because when you tell them you've buried it, they don't give you any reward.

I just read about this on a ACNL guide:
"Villagers may ask you to bury a Time Capsule. After you dig a hole, select
the Time Capsule from your letter inventory to bury it. The next day, the
ground "X" will disappear. After two weeks, three weeks, or 30 days, it will
reappear. Dig up the Time Capsule, and return it to the villager."

Hope it helps.

Your animals will get really upset if you open it up before them!! Make sure to let them open it. ;)

@ Vanilla-don't worry, I did the same thing! xD Lionel gave me one to bury, so I tried but the option wasn't available; so I just opened it. I got a lame t-shirt. He seemed a little disappointed but not devestated or anything lol

When I was playing the Japanese version I opened the capsule. I had no clue what it was lol

I've had two villagers request that I bury time capsules.

The first one was in the ground for two weeks before it reappeared. I thought it was a fossil, so I dug it up, and I was like, "Uh oh, better bury this again." But it wouldn't let me bury it, so I just took the present and tossed it.

The second one, I accidentally pressed 'read' instead of 'bury', and that ruined it.

I wish there was more in-game clarification on this stuff...

I've had two villagers request that I bury time capsules.

The first one was in the ground for two weeks before it reappeared. I thought it was a fossil, so I dug it up, and I was like, "Uh oh, better bury this again." But it wouldn't let me bury it, so I just took the present and tossed it.

The second one, I accidentally pressed 'read' instead of 'bury', and that ruined it.

I wish there was more in-game clarification on this stuff...

Once you dig it back up(after it re-appears) you take it back to the person that requested you bury it. They'll open it and will either ask you if you want whatever is inside or just give you something else as a reward.

Once you dig it back up(after it re-appears) you take it back to the person that requested you bury it. They'll open it and will either ask you if you want whatever is inside or just give you something else as a reward.

How was I supposed to know that I was supposed to take it to the villager? That's ridiculous.

Would be cool... if we can gift our own Time Capsule to a Best Friend & the longer it stays buried, the more epic the item (obviously, it's Time-travel resistant).

I purposefully open it if its being asked by a villager I dislike

Apollo asked me to bury it, but I wasn't paying enough attention and just saw it was in my letter inventory. He didn't tell me where to bury it, so I opened the letter thinking it was directions on where to bury it... it wasn't.

Ha! I thought maybe a friend had dug up and kept the last capsule I buried! Good to know I don't have a thief on my list :D I had no idea they disappeared. Well now, though... that villager is gone, so I assume that capsule will never reappear?

Back