• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

thoughts on monster hunter world?

eggie_

they/them | the sleepiest egg
Bells
Island
Lemon-up
Mother's Day Carnation
White Lily
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
is anybody playing monster hunter world? it looks kinda cool and i might get it for my xbox but i want to know if it’s a good entry point into the series for someone who’s never played a main monster hunter game before. the only other MH game i’ve played was a spin-off for the 3ds, MH: stories which i really enjoyed. (even though it was corny i still sunk like 80 hours into it 😅)
but yeah... is MH world worth it?
and also, what’s the gameplay like besides just fighting the monsters? (which i know is the main appeal but i’m just curious).

Hi! So MHW was my first real monster hunter game and I honestly didn’t...like it..

The gameplay was just slow and clunky and each battle just took forever ): I wasn’t a big fan of that and taking down the monsters is basically the whole point hahaha Also it helps to have friends or random online people help out bc it takes an eternity to kill a boss without their help (or sometimes really difficult!)

However, the graphics are pretty cool and the gameplay is well-done! You just need to find a cool weapon that you like (my personal favorites were the dual blades and insect glaive). There’s apparently a lot of QoL improvements from previous gens that makes it easier to play esp for beginners!

If you’re ok with the slow combat, I think you should give it a shot

I don't do this often, but this game actually made me rage quit. After beating the game it gets really, really hard down the line with the amount of damage the monsters do. If you want to know what I mean, below is a clip I recorded when fighting Nergigante. As hard as this fight was, it wasn't even the hardest compared to what you encounter later. The game is definitely a lot of fun and very challenging for a lot of the game, but I'm just warning you it will get to a point of ridiculousness in difficulty. Yes, there are other quests like gathering, fishing, etc.

I love MHW and I think it's the best entry MH game. There is a wide variety of monsters and the graphics look so good! Granted, I played with at least 1 other person for the whole duration. It would be very frustrating single player for sure :) I had most trouble with Diablos I think since he does massive damage and burrows into the ground all the time

The game is fine but I wished they would make it much harder like the old MH4U or any other the old games. MHW master rank feels like I'm in high rank as high rank feels like low rank. Also the story could have been better and I really do get bothered by some of the ugly characters in the game. Another problem the armor designs and weapons designs were mostly changed and they don't look very nice as the old designs.

Back