• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on Crankies

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Anyone have thoughts on Butch? Keep him or keep looking? Anyone have same wolf as cranky in more than one town? Am looking for non wolf crankies but I guess until get second 3ds if do wouldn't mind a double. Resetting not sure...Any Cranky opinions are cool.

Last edited:
Ok...meaning if you could reset you might look for someone else? Any thoughts I know the wolves are popular but good non wolf Crankies are hard to hear about.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Reset on Butch...got Elvis, thoughts?

Why are you asking us? It doesn't matter what we think. As long as you like them, that's all that matters. It's your town.

I am asking because if I have not had them or met them it is nice to get opinions from others especially on Smugs, I have a lot of trouble with them and there are many characters I have not encountered before so hearing from those who have before I get one and it doesn't fit as just has happened with Ed can be a plus.
If you do not have an opinion or just want to put me down for appreciating advice of others then just don't respond I have found my answer on this, am going to change it to Smugs asking who and why your favorite Smugs are may help me if it bothers you then I did not ask you specifically just those who wanted to help.
This board will not let you close because I do not want conflict will a mod please close it. Smugs will be a different board.

Butch is okay, but it's up to you if you want to keep him or not. :)

Some non-wolf crankies that I like are Bruce, Camofrog (GameCube nostalgia for me :p), Hamphrey, Hopper, and Rolf. Have a look at a list with pictures and you might be able to pick out some that you like.

Butch is in my town - I like him enough. He doesn't bother me or anything. I actually like the crankies - most of them, anyway. Static is probably my favorite. I just can't stand Limberg or Gaston. There is Lobo, Chief and Fang for wolf crankies. Favorite crankies - Static, Cyrano, Grizzly, Del, and Rooney.

My favorites are Rolf the tiger and Vic the bull. I enjoy Rolf's white tiger design, though his house is a wreck. Vic has an awesome Viking theme going in both his design and home.

If you're unsure, check the Wiki and pick out your favorite in terms of appearance. Then look for DA's with those villagers. It's helpful meeting them in-game, even it is only a dream. c:

I have Grizzly and Butch. I've had Grizzly longer, and I adore him. First, because we have had really sweet moments since reaching the highest friendship level. I expect that I'll get those conversations eventually with Butch but just haven't gotten to the friendship level that triggers those conversations yet. Second, that deep cranky voice goes perfectly with a big ole bear, but it doesn't sound right coming out of Butch to me. Just because of the voice match, I'd be tempted to go with a wolf over a dog.

Ugh, I love Crankies too much.
I often have three or four per town, completely on accident. :T

I've never had an experience with Butch so I can't say anything. I use to have Walt before in my town and I have Apollo in my town still and I love him to bits, he's never moving out. nope.

Last edited:
Crankies in general are just loveable goofs (There's a reason on why Rooney is my favorite villager of all time..yes...go complain about it that it's not a higher Tier villager), that have quite possibly the best villagers out there.

I think the dream Address thing is good advice. Pictures really only show so much. I am glad someone mentioned Del was considering that. Now am looking into others so maybe dream surfing will help.

Last edited:
My two favourite (I always have two favourites for some reason) crankies are Knox and Fang. I have had a lot of crankies in my towns over the years and over various resets, and as much as I loved villagers like Lobo and Wolfgang's aesthetics they just didn't click for me. I mainly adore Knox because he's a knight. What's not to love. Also he pairs perfectly with Sterling. Sorry this is a bit OT as Sterling is a jock. But yeah, Knox is super rad on his own. His design is awesome and he suits the cranky personality. And he looks like he could defend your town. I'm not sure what against. But he definitely looks like he could whack out a sword and slay some goblins.

Fang is just my fave wolf. There is no reason why, I just really like him for some reason.

But yeah, hope you can decide on a cranky soon. ^w^

Last edited:
My two favourite (I always have two favourites for some reason) crankies are Knox and Fang. I have had a lot of crankies in my towns over the years and over various resets, and as much as I loved villagers like Lobo and Wolfgang's aesthetics they just didn't click for me. I mainly adore Knox because he's a knight. What's not to love. Also he pairs perfectly with Sterling. Sorry this is a bit OT as Sterling is a jock. But yeah, Knox is super rad on his own. His design is awesome and he suits the cranky personality. And he looks like he could defend your town. I'm not sure what against. But he definitely looks like he could whack out a sword and slay some goblins.

Fang is just my fave wolf. There is no reason why, I just really like him for some reason.

But yeah, hope you can decide on a cranky soon. ^w^

Ohhh, I know. Knox is my favorite cranky villager, too. He has such an unique design. I like most cranky villagers, however, I liked them more in the Gamecube version when they were complete jerks, it made them more unique.

I had Butch in the Gamecube version, he was pretty cool to me, I don't know about now. There are a lot of good crankies out there: Cesar, Apollo, Avery, Bruce, Gaston, Kabuki, any of the wolf crankies, etc.

I have Butch in my town and he's such a cutie. <3 I also like Grizzly and Hopper. Grizzly's face is the cutest when it comes to his various facial expressions imo, but Butch is a close second. One of the few dog villagers I actually like.

I have Static and Del in my town. I am trying to get Roscoe back and he is another cool cranky villager. Static is my favorite villager because he is purple, adorable, and funny. I think cranky is my favorite personality and smug is my second favorite. I love the deep voices the cranky villagers have. It sounds funny if you make their greeting "mwa ha ha" lol

I find the jock personality kind of annoying in this game, but so many of the cute villagers are jocks. I think I have 3 or 4 in my town now. heh heh I also don't like snooty. They are just kind of annoying to me.

Back