• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

thinking of resetting. any tips?

cloudmask

lesbian wolf island
Bells
so i've had my new leaf town since 2013, but i haven't played it in a long time. there was a point a few years ago where i was playing obsessively every day, absolutely loving it. but now i boot it up and i just can't think of anything to do. i feel like i've "finished" my town, as much as you can. it's fully decorated the way i want, my house is decked out, i've grown tired of my villagers. it might just be because i've been playing new horizons, but i feel no drive to play new leaf anymore. but i miss it, and love the idea of starting fresh. i think it would motivate me to play again. anyone who has reset their new leaf town, do you have any tips? do's/don'ts? did you end up regretting or being glad that you did?

(I'm finally getting New Leaf soon so I'm loving all the resets happening cause it means I won't be the only one around here starting from scratch 🙈)

I hadn’t reset, but if you want to reset, have someone you trust to hold your villagers and items so you can get them back after you reset.

(I'm finally getting New Leaf soon so I'm loving all the resets happening cause it means I won't be the only one around here starting from scratch 🙈)

ooh you're gonna have so much fun!! i must have sunk at least a thousand hours into this game overall lol

I hadn’t reset, but if you want to reset, have someone you trust to hold your villagers and items so you can get them back after you reset.

i'm actually thinking of a completely fresh restart - no items or villagers brought over from my last town. i've had all of these villagers for a long time and i'm ready to shake things up a bit!

I reset in New Leaf. I opted to sell my town instead. Gave me some pocket change to spend. I choose to keep my catalogue so I could still get items I wanted. I haven't looked back since. The game seems more fun to me now. That I have an idea for what I want and don't have to fit my idea around my town. I put more thought into what map I picked and how I was laying it out.

I was actually starting to consider starting fresh too. The only thing really keeping me from it is the street pass badge. I have major regrets from resetting before.

I restarted my town in the lead up to new horizons. I didn't regret it. It definitely helps you reconnect with your town. The only real tip I have is that you might want to TT a good bit at the start. The beginning to the game is excruciatingly slow.

thanks for the advice guys! i ended up resetting and selling my town. 27 million bells :eek: that's more than i've ever had in all games combined lmao

i got a really interesting mix of starter villagers - queenie, gaston, spork, bianca, and celia(!!!!). i definitely feel more motivated to play now and i'm thrilled that i don't have to deal with my old character name or town name anymore haha

Back