• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Thinking about restarting, thoughts?

BeanBoy

Bells
New Leaf Token
Winter Mittens
I dislike the placement of my caf? and the campsite as well as the placement of my house. But I don't know if all this outweighed by the fact that I've unlocked all the shops, caught a load of insects and fish, expanded my home almost all the way and collected badges. I've restarted many time before because basically I'm really OCD when it comes to town maps and the placement of things!!
Thoughts??

I restarted my town a couple months ago and it was a good decision for me. I had worked so hard on my previous town but there just certain little things I didnt like about it. So I restarted and I've been even happier with my new town ^.^

I dislike the placement of my caf? and the campsite as well as the placement of my house. But I don't know if all this outweighed by the fact that I've unlocked all the shops, caught a load of insects and fish, expanded my home almost all the way and collected badges. I've restarted many time before because basically I'm really OCD when it comes to town maps and the placement of things!!
Thoughts??

I think we are twins XD I have lots count of how many times I have reset my town... I have never "finished" a town :( I would rest... I did and I'm really happy with my new town (for now....)

I recently restarted my town as well. I only regret losing the villagers I had, but, I can get some back eventually. I love my new map better as well.

It might come down to whether you feel any kind of attachment to your town or your villagers. Just based on your post, it sounds as though your dissatisfaction with the unchangeable things outweighs the thought of giving up all the time you've spent. For that reason, it sounds like you could restart and would probably really enjoy starting fresh and applying everything you've learned from working on your previous towns as you develop your new town.

I recently reset my town, and trust me, it's worth it. If anything, you can use TT'ing to speed up your shop openings and what not.

I reset my town a few days ago, and trust me, you will not regret it. I love my new villagers (I'm make an all penguin town). Don't reset TOO much though, or else you'll get addicted and never settle down in a town. Like me, haha. I'm too addicted to resetting that I always reset before my town starts becoming awesome. Hopefully I will never consider resetting my new town. :)

last year I restarted my 1st town as well and I don't regret it at all (well, maybe it'd be even better if I could transfer all of my furnitures, bells, and hybrids) but overall, I'm much happier. I was in the same boat as you - all the shops, building structures are unlocked but I hated where I put my camp site, police station and cafe lol

there's a certain liberty in restarting your town so i think it's a good idea if you want a second chance to find a good town layout and all that!

Restarting is a fun way of starting fresh and trying to do things again, better. It sounds like you've had this problem in the past though and it confuses me a little because the things you mentioned (your own house, the cafe, etc) you have complete control as to where they go. If you aren't sure where to place them at first, don't rush in and build them as soon as they become available. Think carefully about where you want to place them in regards to future plans for your village, then you won't have this problem next time. It's all totally under your control

To me, restarting the town when it was new was fine. As long you are aware whether or not the map layout is great, few or more ponds, rocks that may or may not bother your pathways, and how you place your house(s). However, restarting the town because of something you think it is not right on your map layout in the middle of processing (your house is fully completed, half of your badges, some or all dreamies, PWPs completely full, placing campsite/Brewster/Police, etc) is by far the dumbest decision you would ever regret once restarting.

My map layout is one of the best looking maps I ever seen, yet the way I place my Brewster in the center (instead of the top left I could of picked) seems awful, However, rather than restarting my town because of it (which is really stupid if you think about it), I use my imagination. Thinking that placing the Brewster in the center would make it realistic for every villagers and vistors to go there. I don't want to waste time to start over again. I just want to make sure my town looks very correct and realistic.

Anyway, if you want to restart your town, then it is up to you. But, next time, be aware of your surrounding! >__>

yeah, i also restarted bc my cafe, campsite and basically the permanent pwps + the rocks were so out of place it was so hard to work around with. i didn't play for months or even a year because i was so mehh about my town and was thinking i didn't wanna restart since i went through all the trouble with my badges and all the pwps i unlocked and i got the main street stores all unlocked as well, but still i wasn't satisfied? so i restarted with a good town layout, good rock placements, and really started to plan out my town and i've been playing a lot again. so if you don't feel satisfied with your town right now, just feel free to restart! it'll make playing a lot more enjoyable

Hey guys, I don't know how you can get yourselves so far to reset your town?XD
I'm thinking about it, too, but just for the villagers and the map, the map is just an average 'ok' but not that bad so I probably won't..
I mean c'mon.. All the bells, all the fruits you still have to get, the biggest T&T shop (think it's called empire? I'm not on the game right now) but it's all so hard to achieevveeee. And I finally got it.
Not to mention the golden shovels etc..

You're all so brave haha.

Back