Things You Hate Most About ACNL

I really don't like how you can't move items in half increments like in Happy Hoe Designer. As what another player has stated, I reaslly wish there was faster ways to get pwps since it's so time consuming waiting for villagers to request one!

For everyone saying that getting a high rating from Lyle is difficult, I just filled my house with rare crap. Put out as many non-purchasable items as possible and make sure your furniture themes match and you'll have it in no time. Trust me, there is NOTHING glorious about my house, to be honest it's a cluttered mess, but because rare items get so many points I got HHA gold without even trying.

Wish the villagers had the same personalities as they did in the gamecube version it's alot more realistic and it makes it more fun to talk to your neighbors

nothing will ever be as bad as the repetitive dialogue in city folk though...

That random patch of dead grass around retail even though I don't run over it.
Having to choose between the night owl ordinance and the keep Ratville beautiful ordinance.
Having to use the mic to use the megaphone.
Hats make my characters fringe disappear.
When my villagers ask me to meet up with them at a certain time. My memory is poor so I always forget.

As much as I like New Leaf, there are some things that bothers me about the game a lot to be honest.
To name a few:

1. Swimming speed
Swimming is a neat feature and all, but with how slow you swim, it's hard getting certain sea creatures
when they are much faster than you.

2. Dead spots
Gosh, do I hate them. Those dumb and unnecessary spots ruined so many times my landscaping plans,
it's frustrating sometimes to working around them and being sure that it still looks good afterwards.

3. Watered down villager personalities
Why? Just why? What was the reason to turn the villagers so kind and friendly? They ruined completely
the cranky and snooty villagers with this. It's sucks so much, mean villagers were the best back then
and I sure hope they coming back in New Horizons. What they did here in New Leaf was terrible and
unacceptable.

4. PWPs
While I do like the PWP idea, the way getting new ones is really time consuming, which sucks. It takes
forever till a villager suggest you a PWP and even then you have no guarantee that it's the one you want
or need.

5. The missing observatory
I will never forgive them that they removed the observatory for the sake of some stupid rooms I at
least never used and took away with this Celeste's old job and hobby.

6. Boring villager dialogue
Compared to previous Animal Crossing games, the dialogue in New Leaf gets too fast repeated and
is also pretty much forgettable.

7. Throwing away letters
The fact that I can't throw away letters while being in my own house and have to be outside bothers
me the whole time, not to mention how long it even takes to throw away a letter. So much waste of
time just for a piece of (virtual) paper...

That random patch of dead grass around retail even though I don't run over it.
Having to choose between the night owl ordinance and the keep Ratville beautiful ordinance.
Having to use the mic to use the megaphone.
Hats make my characters fringe disappear.
When my villagers ask me to meet up with them at a certain time. My memory is poor so I always forget.

Yes the megaphone is so annoying.. no I'm not gonna look like an idiot for that.

Also yeah probs posted but perfect town. sure as hell no it ain't have to do with acres -.-

That it's real time and there are repercussions for not playing for a while.

And how rare those those amiibo cards became after a while because Ninty is all $$$

That's another point which bothers me so much. Trying to start collecting amiibo cards is now such a
pain in the butt, not only because of how rare certain cards became, but also of how expensive they
are nowadays. Those Sanrio amiibo cards for example are at this point priceless (at least if you're
looking for the whole set).

Most of my peeves have already been mentioned but a big one for me is the annoying shopkeepers that have to stop you at the door for their stupid greetings whenever entering or leaving. Then they have to chase you all over the store and block your path when you're just trying to buy stuff or navagate around the area.

Gulliver. The first couple of times his stupid repeated Lizzy lobster and cinnamon buns comments are cute. After that it's just irritating having to keep pestering him to wake up. I won't use the megaphone, so now I just let him rot on the beach all day.

Trying to get different pieces of gold furniture from Cyrus. You can't time travel forward the 30 minutes it takes to wait for him to finish otherwise you could be out three pieces of gold ore and 10,000 bells on yet another gold closet. The only option is to sit and wait for a half hour and hope you get the piece you need, and if not then resetting and going through the whole process again is all you can do.

Also the fact that you can't choose your skin colour. I have a secondary character who always has to go to the island to maintain his "tan" and it's a huge pain in the butt.

Last edited:
i hate the fact that you have to wait 30 mins to get things customised, ik you can tt but it would be less hassle to have it ready immediately. Or maybe im just impatient :)

Yeah I had to pay quite a bit for the sanrio card set, bought it from Japan but yeah also they earned so much cause here u only got 3cards in each amiibo card(i have some reg eu cards and some wa/reg jpn cards) which ofc generates doubles > people keep buying > more money for them. ass ninty.

that isabelle can only do ONE THING at a time and or else "i'm so swamped with work :'("
i just asked you to get rid of a bench...why cant you do anything else for a whole day?! -_-

this makes it take forever to revamp your whole town if you wanna get rid of a bunch of PwPs

There's not much I *hate* about the game, but I wish there was at least a little more inventory space, and I wish villagers pinged to move out quicker and not wait like two months.

Back