• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

I think each game has its own Spotpass features. I have it on for Nintendo Video (although I still have to do a special download for them most of the time) and Swapnote. I would expect that if they are going to put this feature in for AC, they would have a special turn on for the feature.

I would. I'm just saying so features like Nintendo Zone have Spotpass and I can't use Nintendo Zone.
So the spotpass you are describing would have to be like that for Swapnote in order for me to use it.

What exactly is Nintendo Zone? :p
Doesn't SpotPass just get downloaded automatically?

For things like Swapnote the spotpass is instant.
Nintendo Zone is a new Application that was added during the 3DS update on December 8th.
You have to go to a HotStop to download stuff on it.
Sort of how the DS had HotStop for downloading Pokemon into games.
Only the downloads for Nintendo Zone are Vidoes, Game previews, etc.

Ok back to the real topic here.
I had an idea for using swapnote's version of Spotpass though.
I'd be like unlocking stuff but instead of getting the items, you get codes in swapnote that you take to the Able Sisters for the clothing pieces and K.K. Slider for the song piece.

For things like Swapnote the spotpass is instant.
Nintendo Zone is a new Application that was added during the 3DS update on December 8th.
You have to go to a HotStop to download stuff on it.
Sort of how the DS had HotStop for downloading Pokemon into games.
Only the downloads for Nintendo Zone are Vidoes, Game previews, etc.

Ok back to the real topic here.
I had an idea for using swapnote's version of Spotpass though.
I'd be like unlocking stuff but instead of getting the items, you get codes in swapnote that you take to the Able Sisters for the clothing pieces and K.K. Slider for the song piece.

That is a neat idea :D to have codes sent through SwapNote (maybe they could come from Nikki :D)... have you looked at your local McD's for a hotspot...that is where mine is...you can usually get Nintendo Zone to link to the net and tell you where the closest hotspot is, but the one time that I played with it (having little time at the time), I did not see anything spectacular about it.

I know many people have said this but I'd like to see bike riding in the game. I wonder how it would work.

But Australia doesn't have Nintendo zone Dx

@Bidoof: Sorry to hear you don't have Nintendo Zone.
Though using Nintendo Zone wasn't part of my idea anyway.

@RisingSun: I'll have to remember to take my 3DS with me when I go to McDonald's next time.
Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Hmmmmmm I was thinking it would be from Tortimor aka the former mayor.
Though I guess Nikki is the default tutorial for swapnote and might need a new job by now.
Lol ^_^

Ok now back to ideas!
My friend is beside me and told me to write this next one.

My friend's Idea is this: Mythical/Religion Based Costumes

Ummmmmmm I like the myth idea side but not religion just so you know my take on my friends idea.

Myth yes, Religion would probably cause controversy.

Perhaps instead of costumes, we could have furniture?
I'd rather have an Eygptian themed room with statues of Ra than having a minotaur running around my town.
I'd be a LITTLE scared having a mythical creature rampaging me. :p

I had some thoughts while I was playing CF the other day, and excuse me if I repeat someone else because I have not gone through the entire thread. Being a student and a mom/teacher severely limits my time sometimes.

1. I would like to see the animals go in and out of their houses like they use to do on the GC version. I thought it cute when they were outside at their bedtime and fell asleep out there. Then you wake them up and they plod their way home to go to bed :D.

2. I would like to see the animals actually use the tools they carry around. Give it a little competition as to getting that fish :D

I had some thoughts while I was playing CF the other day, and excuse me if I repeat someone else because I have not gone through the entire thread. Being a student and a mom/teacher severely limits my time sometimes.

1. I would like to see the animals go in and out of their houses like they use to do on the GC version. I thought it cute when they were outside at their bedtime and fell asleep out there. Then you wake them up and they plod their way home to go to bed :D.

2. I would like to see the animals actually use the tools they carry around. Give it a little competition as to getting that fish :D

^This^
Very good ideas. (Although I do believe the villagers using their tools was thought up before you :p)

One thing that always annoyed me with AC is that when villagers are at home during the day, THEIR LIGHTS ARE ON.
I know it's an indication if they are inside, but really, why would you have lights on in THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY.
Granted, it makes sense if they did it during Winter (as it gets darker IRL during the day in Winter) but in the middle of Spring it's just weird. Change it Nintendo, nowwwwwwww.

I diddn't know that but it does sound very funny and cute! :D I also hope they put this in.
Btw, have the animals in the GameCube-Version given you their photos? In CF they cut that out for some reason, hope that the 3DS-Version won't miss this.

They go in and out on City Folk, and i hope they make it so animal can fall asleep outside again.

@Bidoof: I told her that the religion customes might cause trouble. She said to put it as an idea anyway.

@RisingSun: I thought the was animals falling asleep outside was cute.
I hope they bring back stuff like that.
I hope the animals also lose their keys still so you can go find the keys and get a reward for being a good mayor.
Though I don't like the challange in fishing/item finding.
I wouldn't mind if they took care of the flowers around town though.

@Berry: I miss the photos too.
I hope they bring them back but as like gifts for your birthday instead of having to send 20+ letters to the animal to get their photo.

Back to my friends ideas + my ideas now.
Incase you are wondering why I post my friend's ideas.
I can say things without cursing and she was banned from other sites for cursing at people during her posts.

My friends idea: Multi-player House (wants it back in the game! Wants more than 1 of them in game too.)

My idea: Mansions, Castles, and Japanese style houses in game.

In an ideal world, I'd love it if you could make character's have different towns...
I never liked the idea of having different character's be in the same town, it never felt different enough to me.

Also animals planting flowers and stuff, just generally being more active instead of just walking around.

They go in and out on City Folk, and i hope they make it so animal can fall asleep outside again.

I very rarely see them go in and out. Usually it is around half in and the other half out, and those are the ones that stay, for the most part, that way. The only time I see them go in is if you make an appointment to visit or if you have just found them an item that they really want to keep.

The only time I see them go in is when I find a key that they lost.
Most of my viilagers stay outside most of the day/night.

Also Myth and Egyptian are not the same.
Myth is like Mermaids, Dragons, Unicorns. Etc.
Egyptian would be more like religion since they had gods/goddesses!
They do have some themed costumes like togas, crowns, etc and the golden series in ACCF looks like a king/god would of had.

The only time I see them go in is when I find a key that they lost.
Most of my viilagers stay outside most of the day/night.

I did have Robin go in today because I was suppose to come over at a certain time, and then came back out after that appointment, but like you, I only see them go in and out when I have found one of their keys. If they happen to be within a short distance of their house when I get a fish/bug or item that they want, I have seen them go in to place that item, as well.

Back