• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

they did it...... those crazy sons of a gun they actually did it

satine

is it better to speak or to die?
Bells
Wallopoid
Matryoshka Doll
Red Tulip
y'all....... I woke up just in time for the direct this morning and I was NOT PREPARED for what they have coming for us.

I watched the whole thing in disbelief. and I realized afterwards that, what the heck, they seem to have crossed off more than HALF of my "wildest most optimistic dreams" list for the direct -- the one I wrote for that thread talking about unrealistic expectations!!!

here's my list for reference:

Best case scenario, in my wildest most optimistic dreams, aka what will not happen lol:
  • Brewster is back with a charming cafe that also serves seasonal drinks (like, cocktail-looking tropical drinks in the summer LIKE THAT ONE you drink with everyone at the very beginning, hot chocolate in the winter, etc.). He allows you to help him out.
    • Rover and other NPCs - even ones you don't see otherwise, like the alpacas -- visit the cafe so you can chat with them.
    • KK performs here instead of outside. Other villagers come to listen and sit around at the tables.
    • Brewster serves cute snacks. You can have cute snacks to carry around or eat.
  • There is a new 'gyroid' exhibit in the museum that Brewster mans. He lets you store your gyroids with him. You can find gyroids in the rainy weather OR, alternatively, you can get DIYs for them by doing things with Brewster/finding them/et cetera. The gyroids are placeable outside, and when you drop them instead of placing them they are that little mini gyroid figure that appears when you 'drop' gyroids outside in NL.
  • Villagers can and will visit you in your home, either via scheduled dates to visit you or spontaneous. You can host multiple villagers over and request them to come over yourself. They will interact with your furniture.
  • Gracie Grace is back as a temporary vendor, but she will eventually set up shop in an upgrade to the Nookling store. You have to do work for her in order to obtain this as in previous games.
    • Maybe upon unlocking her store, you are given the option for a 'credit card' as in City Folk so that you can make large purchases without having to carry around bells or withdraw/deposit from the ATM so often.
  • You can plant other food items such as root vegetables, maybe even some fruits, et cetera. The bananas return.
  • Due to increased responsibilities or whatever else, the airport no longer wants to have to control the mail. They recruit the pelicans instead, who either have a new booth in the airport or in Resident Services. The post office effectively returns with Pelly, Phyllis and Pete.
  • There are new furniture items -- including Gracie's furniture (see above), and a few of the most well loved sets from before (like the Rococo set).
  • Nook's gets an upgrade.
  • You can upgrade the room sizes of the side rooms in your home.
  • Villager dialogue upgrade.
  • Leif is given a permanent residence on the island somehow. With him is a greenhouse function in which you can store flower starts or something else. Alternatively -- this is a furniture item you can acquire from him.
  • Mini-games & kapp'n -- maybe Kapp'n has a resort that he takes you to, and this could be where other NPCs & their functions are as well as some mini-games.
  • Katrina returns as a rotating vendor.
  • The villagers have little jobs that they dress up for. Some of the functions of HHD are returned though in what way I do not know.
  • YOU CAN PAINT THE %&#! FENCES.
I strikethrough-ed the things that I know was covered, the things that are italicized are things that might POSSIBLY be covered but weren't mentioned. I'm at a loss for words lol. Is there any way to time travel to November 5th?

Anyway!!! I thought that was cool so I wanted to mention it. Did anyone else have an "unrealistic dreams list" that they actually crossed a lot of things off of?

IKR ITS SO GOOD IM JUST HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i was in that thread too but my post was essentially just me saying that i had no expectations because id been hurt too many times,,
IT MADE THIS FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

I was planning a little boardwalk on my island a couple weeks ago and had the thought cross my mind of how cool it would be to have a ferris wheel item. No expectations whatsoever, just daydreaming about it...

Imagine my shock!!! 🤩🤩🎪🎡

Captura de Tela 2021-10-15 às 12.04.48.png

This thread title is my exact thought when I watched the video!!! LOL It's like, speechless and mind-blown combined into one thought.

What a great way to wake up though. lol Beats caffeine.

I'm still in shock (in a good way). As soon as Kapp'n appeared I was screaming, but then it just kept on giving and I'm like woooo! This is finally the game everyone wanted now, right? I feel they really pulled through with this one, above and beyond in fact.

I was planning a little boardwalk on my island a couple weeks ago and had the thought cross my mind of how cool it would be to have a ferris wheel item. No expectations whatsoever, just daydreaming about it...

Imagine my shock!!! 🤩🤩🎪🎡

Same! These past few weeks I was trying to recreate the Santa Monica pier and was disappointed over the fact there were no good ferris wheel qr codes available.

The ferris wheel along with the merry go round, the balloon stand, and duck carnival game will look nicely on my pier. The only thing that I don’t like is that I will now have to find a way to make them fit.

I am honestly so thrilled with all the announcements! ;v; So many of what I thought were unrealistic expectations came true as well, as well as so many things I didn't even know I wanted. I remember when I was watching the Direct, I kept thinking "if this is everything, I'll be so happy"... and then they just kept adding more. I would've been satisfied with just teasers for so much of what they're giving us, and I still can't believe we're actually getting all of this so soon.
I screamed so much during the Direct I actually hurt my throat a little RIP

It took 1 year and 8 months (by the time of the release), but it looks like NH will FINALLY be what I always wanted with the combination of the free update and the Happy Home Paradise paid DLC.

Other than adding more multiplayer minigames or more quality of life things (which would be great but have always been lower priority for me), I can't think of too much more I want now other than the typical "yet more furniture" request. But even that may be OK. It's unclear right now (and it won't be until these come out) exactly how much new furniture we're getting from the free + DLC stuff.

I’m so glad this update will bring more players back to the game! I feel like Nintendo really hit a home run with this one. I was able to watch the Direct and I was in awe over the whole thing. I know a lot of our expectations for this were very low so to get this much stuff was overwhelming for most of us. I’m kind of used to paid content having been an XBOX gamer for the past few years so it didn’t surprise me that Nintendo hopped on that wagon, starting with the Nintendo Subscription Online. Paid or not, this is an amazing update that a lot of fans have been waiting for.

I'm watching it right now, and am already in shock from the first 6 minutes! So much perfection - omg I'm so freaking excited!

My expectations were low so now I am so blown away and over whelmed by the amount of new content. I was just hoping for gyroids to be added so they definitely delivered.

Why didn't you cross this off? (Minus the greenhouse)

• Leif is given a permanent residence on the island somehow. With him is a greenhouse function in which you can store flower starts or something else. Alternatively -- this is a furniture item you can acquire from him.
Post automatically merged:

Did anyone else have an "unrealistic dreams list" that they actually crossed a lot of things off of?

I have one, but didn't get them to come true. I got like 4 1/2 of them.

Looking at my list makes me sad again at how badly Nintendo is neglecting the game 😢

Gameplay-Features
  • New unbreakable tools (Perhaps just fix gold tools?)
  • Live Music Venue (A place to bring back DJ K.K., and move K.K. to on Saturdays. Possibly an entry for Dr. Shrunk too)
  • Bigger rooms in homes like NL
  • Happy Home Designer. Bring back Lottie and/or Let us self-volunteer ourselves to do some interior decorating for villagers.
  • Permeant residence for Celeste (Someplace in the museum)
  • Roost/Cafe.
  • Re-Tail flea market with Reese and Cyrus
  • Give Label a new role. I don't need Abel Sister coupons.
  • More Nook's Cranny Upgrades (Likely to come)
  • Allow us to sell the island to Tom Nook like past games, but keep our learned DIYs and achievements.
  • City Folk like city. Let us boat/ferry or even fly to the distant mainland where there is a city outlet where we can meet other villagers on (including past ones from our islands) and visit shops not on our island, like DJ KK, Dr Shrunk, HHA, Label, Brewster, Katrina, Reese and Cyrus, etc.

QOL-Features
  • Music/Sound/Ambience volume settings (Available within Nook phone)
  • Receive mail twice a day
  • Order more than 5 items per day (Say 10 items perhaps?)
  • Improve dialogue with Orville.
  • Increase volume on portable radios
  • Store DIYs, Flowers, Trees, etc.
  • Even more space in storage.
  • Move Town Hall / Plaza
  • Separate Town Hall and Plaza (Kind of like New Leaf)
  • Able to drop items in plaza
  • Able to drop items in recycling bin
  • Able to use ABD at another island
  • Improve loading times in multiplayer. (Remove the plane flyover cutscene)
  • Able to move/place items with guests over
  • All item colors for furniture and NM items
  • Add an option to surprise dreams for "Take me to another dream"
  • Bulk Crafting
  • Buy fish bait at Nook's Cranny.
  • Bulk purchase 10x
  • Let us choose the DIY color we want during initial crafting.
  • Let us ask Isabelle who's in town.
  • Don't make K.K. crowd the plaza all day on Saturday.
  • Craft from storage
  • Store items you're holding while in your house
  • Shopping cart at Abel Sisters
  • Let us know if we're buying duplicates at Abel Sisters
  • More design slots
  • Fine tuning of the camera angle
  • Improved wand mechanics
  • Ability to decline duplicate DIYs
  • Ability to build dirt inclines with terraforming
  • Cheaper prices to build inclines/bridges
  • Double stack cliffs (no edge required)
  • Let us demolish empty/unreserved villager plots. I want to down size to 8 to save room in town.
  • Let us demolish the campsite. It's usefulness varies, and it ain't like we can't rebuild it later if we wanted it back.
  • Allow flowers to be removed with the Clean Up feature in terraforming.
Wacky ideas
  • Let us enter villager homes when they are not home.. We do it for players
  • Let other player-residents wonder the island like they do in dreams.

Last edited:
Speaking of dream list, I pretty much went nuts when I saw the customizable fences. I wanted white pickets for my American suburban island for quite a while, and was sorely disappointed that it was left out from the game in spite of what the original New Horizons trailer promised, so this was a long time coming. lol It's such a small minor detail, yet "white pickets" means so much in American culture.

I did have an unrealistic list that I posted for fun (in the "What are you looking forward to in the Nintendo Direct?" thread), never thinking that Nintendo would have more than just the Brewster update:

I know some of these are wishful thinking, but since there's this thread anyway, I feel like I might as well pour out all my wishful thinking.
  • Easier ways to get villagers to move out, like getting Isabelle to kick them out. Speaking of whom...
  • More interactions with Isabelle (and Tom Nook, Blathers, the Able Sisters; pretty much all the permanent NPCs). I swear, I haven't talked to the Able Sisters for days because I'm not into fashion.
  • Mysterious Islands spawn a villager you never had every, single, time, regardless of full island or not (works better if you give us easier move-out methods).
  • No need to start over if you type a Dodo Code wrong or if you accidentally select the wrong kind of people that are allowed to use your code. A simple 'B' press will take you to the previous selection.
  • Second island! No need to buy a second Switch! Heck, make it multiple islands/save files on a Switch!
  • Easier ways to rearrange your island layout. For example...
  • Multiple buildings could be moved in a single day.
  • Multiple bridges could be built/destroyed in a single day.
  • Flowers won't spread unless you buy a cheap fertilizer that's available daily. I'm so tired of flowers spreading after I've arranged them all nicely.
  • You can pick up displayed items even with visitors around. I swear, not being able to do this is a pain for my giveaways.
  • You can terraform the outer-edge of your island so that the end of the river won't stick out.
  • While you're on it, you can terraform beaches. I hate those beaches. Waste of space.
  • White. Picket. Fences.
  • In-game turnip price tracker. Preferable that we're allowed to pay to know if there's a high spike for the week, but that might be too hand-holding for some.
  • Windows in your home. Customizable, removable.
  • Building a second floor on your villager home.
  • Walls that don't look like ugly panels with vertical lines on them.
  • Painting cliffs is made possible, meaning custom designs on cliffs.
  • Give me a ship or a boat to sail around the island, just for the fun of it. Have Gulliver/Gulivarr be involved. What's an island life without some good ol' sailing?
  • Incorporate whale-fishing. You already have gigantic fishes. Might as well throw in whales too.
  • Dinosaur villagers.
  • Pets. Start simple with cats and dogs. You already have a barking dog toy, so it's not that weird to have pet dogs in an anthropomorphic world like AC.
  • Sleeping passes the day (after you select 'Yes' of course to avoid accidental time-traveling). No need for manually forwarding your clock!
  • Actual exercise animation on exercise machines like Weight Bench. Feels weird sleeping on a weight bench...
  • Exercise activity/event. Lots of villagers exercise in the morning, but when I join in, I'd accidentally interrupt them. Fix this. [Gold star for Nintendo on fulfilling this one]
  • Same with villagers singing. Don't let me interrupt them when I use a reaction to their singing, especially the 'Sit Down' reaction.
  • Let me sing too! Give me a singing reaction.
  • Throw in dancing as well.
  • Singing/dancing event.
  • Dr. Shrunk and his dad jokes. Now. :)

To be fair, most of my demands were unreasonable, so it's amazing even some of those got crossed out.

Back