They could have added a hunger bar

And lets not forget crafting, but it was poorly executed. Again still no bulk crafting which annoys me so much. The same thing with cooking you can only cook stuff one at a time.
I agree. While I am grateful that Nintendo eventually came through with some good updates, QOL updates and the removal of certain restrictions is long overdue. ^^;;

Honestly the hunger mechanic in the first Dragon Quest Builders game made me want to throw my Switch out of the window, and it ruined the game for me. It was adjusted in the sequel, where it wasn't really a problem, but there's one big difference between DQB2 and ACNH - the villagers made me the food very often, so I wasn't running out as frequently. The bag in that game is also massive, so holding the food isn't a big deal.

In AC, I can see it getting annoying really fast, especially if you're trying to decorate an area. Being thrown out of my work just to cook some food (which would take up space in your inventory) would really aggravate me.

I kinda hate hunger bars in games, they stress me out. I like that in ACNH it doesn't feel like you have to do anything, and you always have the freedom to choose what you do next. A hunger bar would make me feel pressured to eat every so often. Also, I don't eat a lot in-game because I don't like worrying about accidentally breaking my rocks (mine are all placed in a little ring), so it would irritate me a lot if I had to worry about using the bathroom every time before I went to check on the rocks.

I say keep the hunger bars in survival games. I'm surprised they added farming at all as animal crossing has never been about succeeding at anything, it's just supposed to be a chill experience, like a slice of life show. Sure some characters used to be very aggressive toward the player, but it was always played as a joke, Animal crossing doesn't need a mechanic to like hunger to facilitate gameplay because you're already motivated to complete tasks to acquire furniture to decorate your house/island. It's more like a virtual doll house than anything.

i feel like that would be cute for the first day or so and then get really annoying, especially if you are more of a decorator (like me). i don’t want to have to stop in the middle of decorating my house to make some peach jelly or something lol

i think there should be SOMETHING ELSE to the food though. i like that you can give it to villagers but i don’t want them to just put it in their house!! it would be better if they could eat their food and even have certain likes and dislikes, like Tomodachi Life. giving them their favorite foods adds friendship points and giving them their least favorite foods adds nothing (unless you give it to them again, then they will reject it and their friendship points will go down).

As with tool durability, I don't think it fits the casual play style of Animal Crossing. For a mini game or spin-off game though, I don't see a problem.
Post automatically merged:

I kinda hate hunger bars in games, they stress me out.

Agreed. Minecraft became less fun when hunger was added.

As with tool durability, I don't think it fits the casual play style of Animal Crossing. For a mini game or spin-off game though, I don't see a problem..
I mean if we go back to the old AC games the only tool that would break was your Axe and the only way to tell it was about to break is that if you see "Cracks" on it when you bring up your inventory. That is something I found out recently after playing New Leaf recently. I mean how in the world did they took out that mechanic? That would've been so helpful if you can just see "cracks" on your tools because at least it will give you a "indication" that a tool that is about to break, but for whatever reason it was not brought back in ACNH.

I honestly keep forgetting that your axe could break in previous games, because it tended to last so long that when it did break it came as a surprise every time. In New Horizons, your tools can break on a daily basis if not more so, depending on how long you're playing and what kind of work you're doing.

This would be a good idea for those users who would like to have this but if you could disable this feature that would be ideal. I feel like it would kind of annoy me just having a bar telling me I am hungry. My character is always running around so I think my hunger bar would be always beeping at me.

If it was optional for those who enjoy that kind of thing then I'd have no problem, but if it was forced I'd be very annoyed. I'm the kind of person who plays the Sims with all the status cheats on so I don't have to worry about their needs 😅

Back