blelele
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
7076-1639-0895
Orange (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
Cherry (Fruit)
since ACNH is a deserted island game, it would have been really neat if along with cooking they added a choice to play with a hunger bar, meaning that your villager has to eat at least twice a day to avoid passing out. The bar would deplete in real time so it would be really slow along the course of a day, so it wouldn't be an annoying mechanic where you'd pass out every couple hours. I just think it'd be a fun fitting idea that would give us an actual reason to want to cook & eat food because most people don't need to move a ton of trees or rocks when they're finished with their island. I personally just use food for decoration and gifting to villagers (and they don't even eat it!)

just an idea, not like they're going to add anything else to the game anyways 🙄

Last edited:
*MY OPINION*
I think that is a cool idea but I would not like it. I think that the food should just stay as a fun thing but its already good that we CAN pick up trees and smash rocks as in every past game we only had food as cute thing!! I kind of dont like that you cannot eat infinite apples but that just part of the game now! I think it would be another jarring change that every would get tired of. I do see how it would be fun though! I wish food was more of a fun process rather than skinned crafting though.
Also I have always been one of the proudest people to criticize NH at every turn but please stop being rude. Like they did EVERYTHING in their power to make NH good after releasing it horribly except Nook upgrades and Tortimer Island. No game is perfect and NH definitely is not. They added alot and we should be grateful. ALSO THEY NEVER EVER SAID 2 - 3 YEARS OF UPDATES. THEY JUST SAID THAT "We hope players will find fun surprises in the game even 2 or 3 years down the road." NO ONE EVER SAID YEARS OF UPDATES. THEY ONLY EVER SAID THAT HOLIDAYS WOULD BE PATCHED IN UPDATES. THEY NEVER EVEN SAID CONTENT UPDATES 😭😭😭😭😭 Like in the literal direct they only said holidays but then we all got angie about all the stuff that was missing and Nintendo was all like OH NOOOOOO. Again I am very sorry for ranting so I will be spoilering this stuff.

It's a cute idea, but I would hate this! I don't play daily at the moment because I have other stuff going on, so I'd be forever passed out. 😅

I do really like that when they implemented the DIY food recipes, they made it so you can eat the meals and increase your energy points! 😊

I actually kinda like it, concidering I can only cook seabass, my character will be very sick of fishing. Or I'll go to my villagers and ask to be fed. Id love if I could make my villagers cook for me if there was a hunger bar lol

Since all I do is decorate, it would be kinda annoying, but it would add a little feature and Id be down for it.

Go to my villagers everytime and get them to feed me, because Im to lazy to pull out my stove and make it. So I'll go to Sasha to get burnt Seabass instead lol

I haven't played it in days, so maybe if the bar only activated when Im on, because otherwise it would feel like a mobile app that I gotta check everyday.

I think it would get very annoying ^^;;

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands had something similar, and it got very annoying. .-. Sure there’s fruits, but it’s better to just save them for when you need stamina to dig up trees and smash rocks.

Maybe a compromise would be that it could be optional: we could disable survival mode if we want to.

Gonna have to give this a hard pass. Some people might attach the "survival" label on the game, but I don't see it as such, so I don't understand what the point of it would be. Animal Crossing typically puts you in a place that has an abundance of fruit trees planted across the map, so having to cook food for hungry villagers seems unnecessary. Wouldn't it make more sense to repurpose cooked food in the same way fruit can be eaten to dig up trees and break rocks? Maybe certain dishes could make the player run faster, or be more acrobatic?

Also, realism isn't something I want in Animal Crossing. Part of the appeal of the franchise is that it's not as realistic as some other Life Simulators are (aside from the clock), so it makes the "living another life" concept more concrete when it's not shackled by mechanics based IRL. I don't think cooked food really needs any purpose beyond what it already is, and a lot things in the games are just there for the sake of being there, anyway.

Last edited:
The only thing I thought when I saw the thread title was just "why?". This is a mechanic idea I could easily see being universally hated while not really adding anything fun or enjoyable to the game. I feel like it doesn't even work within the core of what an Animal Crossing game is, which isn't a survival game in the slightest.

I don’t really get the point of cooking in general. You can play the game without all of these cooking recipes. I feel like making it necessary would take the fun out of the game. It’s a nice idea, but couldn’t you just add that aspect to the game yourself? Like make sure your villagers eat if that’s what makes you happy?

I don’t really get the point of cooking in general. You can play the game without all of these cooking recipes. I feel like making it necessary would take the fun out of the game. It’s a nice idea, but couldn’t you just add that aspect to the game yourself? Like make sure your villagers eat if that’s what makes you happy?
I mean if they were to eat it, it will help gain friendship points, but the problem with it is that villagers look at Food items at like "Decoration" so when you give it to them they just put in their home. Like really? I feel like there supposed to be more things to do with this cooking mechanic but now it just feels worthless. Don't get me wrong you can sell food for a lot bells if its at a hot item (something that I just learned recently) but other than that its really not that much useful. Thats one of the things about the 2.0 update that I feel like is so underwhelming.

Just wanna clarify my last post:
Even if it is just a couple times in the day, it could be annoying for some players. Animal Crossing is a game were these things should be optional.

However, I am down for the idea of it being an optional thing for people who like a little challenge/restriction, ^-^
but it shouldn't be forced on everyone.

Sorry for being rude but I wouldn't like this.
I love using food for decorations for MY personal purposes but I wish my villagers wouldn't do that and they would ask for food requests. Besides using food for smashing rocks and digging up trees and using it for decorations it could be nice to feed villagers. I know since we live on a "deserted" island you could see it as a survival game but in my opinion I don't and that doesn't make sense because Nook's Cranny sells your native fruit, you can go to the store and buy fruit like a grocery store IRL and fruit stills grows on trees and there is fish to eat and Tom Nook and Isabelle wouldn't let anyone starve here would they? The villagers seem to have their own food so I don't think they would worry about running out but it would still be cool to do requests for them because maybe they would be like "I wanna try your personal cooking" or something.

ngl I wasn't expecting such negative opinions on this. In a crafting game where there's not a ton to do in endgame, I didn't think cooking 2 meals in 24 hours would be a big deal, but hm.

anyways, I agree that it could get annoying for everyone long term so I would also want it to be an optional mini "survival" mode. I really like the idea of villagers requesting you to make a certain meal for them, that would be a fun mechanic for everybody and not just a select few. I just want more reasons to want to cook and eat the food, because cooking is easy and the food is cute. that's all

ngl I wasn't expecting such negative opinions on this. In a crafting game where there's not a ton to do in endgame, I didn't think cooking 2 meals in 24 hours would be a big deal, but hm.

anyways, I agree that it could get annoying for everyone long term so I would also want it to be an optional mini "survival" mode. I really like the idea of villagers requesting you to make a certain meal for them, that would be a fun mechanic for everybody and not just a select few. I just want more reasons to want to cook and eat the food, because cooking is easy and the food is cute. that's all
Yeah, I get that with wanting to give cooking more of a purpose. Currently, cooking doesn’t really have a purpose and I don’t really see a need for it if it does nothing for you. I know people like cooking and think it’s fun, but it’s not my cup of tea.

i personally wouldn’t like if this was added. i prefer to play without having to worry about feeding my character, even if their hunger bar depleted slowly. i wouldn’t mind if nintendo added this as an optional feature, but i’d still never use it.

That would make me feel like ACNH is becoming more and more like Sims!
Customizing houses… hunger bars… cooking food… changing appearance in the mirror.. haha

That would make me feel like ACNH is becoming more and more like Sims!
Customizing houses… hunger bars… changing appearance in a mirror… traveling to islands lol

Are you going to do this in every thread?

Back