• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Themed Restaurants

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
What is your opinion on themed restaurants (like Rainforest Café and Hard Rock Café) and those unusual restaurants (like Casa Bonita)? Do you like them, or are you not a fan.

Keep in mind that the focus of these restaurants is the theme. Places like Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse may have some theme, but they focus less on the theme and more on the food.

Oh I love them!! I've actually only ever been to one lol but my lovely @Saylor and I went to The Rainforeat Café and it was so much fun. It was a really lovely experience and I'm super glad we got a chance to go because there aren't really many in Canada so it was lucky that we were close by one!

When I visit her in May we will have to go to Casa Bonita so I can experience that too.

I hardly go to places like those restaurants these days since I live in a small town. But when I do go to the city, I would go to these restaurants.

This year, the two restaurants like these that I’ve been to are Medieval Times (in Dallas) and Fritz’s Railroad Restaurant (which is somewhere in Kansas). The former is also a theatre where you can watch a show about knight battles, while the latter is a restaurant where you can order via tableside phone, and the trains near the ceiling deliver the food to you. I’m planning on going to Rainforest Café some time later this year.

What is your opinion on themed restaurants (like Rainforest Café and Hard Rock Café) and those unusual restaurants (like Casa Bonita)? Do you like them, or are you not a fan.

Keep in mind that the focus of these restaurants is the theme. Places like Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse may have some theme, but they focus less on the theme and more on the food.
These are not establishments I frequent. What happens in them?

I went to Hard Rock Cafe for my most recent birthday.

Music was really load. The little museum and displays were absolutely awesome though.

What would you call Hibachi style with the food grilled in front of you?

I’ve never been to a themed Restaurant but I think they should do a Lion King one in the UK!
I don’t think they could do that. That’s something you can only find in a Disney resort, and when I’m talking about themed restaurants, I’m talking about immersion and more focus on the theme. Like a seafood restaurant - sure, Red Lobster does have some theme since it uses themed objects and stuff as decorations. But a themed seafood restaurant would actually have indoor lakes made of real water and porches near it or over it (like the Blue Bayou restaurant in California), a lighthouse that turns on and off, and a pirate ship room where you can eat above deck or below deck. Plus, actual entertainers dressed like pirates. In addition, themed-restaurants are more focused on a generic broad theme (like how Rainforest Café uses the rainforest theme and Medieval Times uses the medieval theme) rather than a specific theme (like the Lion King theme you suggested).

Okay okay, maybe Sophie23 can't eat a bowl of mac and cheese with Rafiki dangling Simba over her head at the table, but perhaps there's uhh... Outback Steakhouse??? 😳 Okay, that's in the U.S. and it's Australian themed, but... close enough?? 😅 Whinnie the Pooh has a kangaroo, right? I'm afraid you'll have to compromise on this one, Sophie23. I don't know of any African or Savannah themed restaurants, much less in the U.K. 🤷‍♀️

Okay okay, maybe Sophie23 can't eat a bowl of mac and cheese with Rafiki dangling Simba over her head at the table, but perhaps there's uhh... Outback Steakhouse??? 😳 Okay, that's in the U.S. and it's Australian themed, but... close enough?? 😅 Whinnie the Pooh has a kangaroo, right? I'm afraid you'll have to compromise on this one, Sophie23. I don't know of any African or Savannah themed restaurants, much less in the U.K. 🤷‍♀️
I’m afraid that Outback doesn’t count. In fact, none of those larger chain restaurants (such as Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Chili’s, On the Border, and Applebee’s) could count. They don’t put too much focus into the theme. I think the largest chain of themed restaurants is either Rainforest Café or Hard Rock Café, and even they don’t have as many locations as those chain restaurants listed above.

I would also like to see a Lion King themed restaurant in the UK, whilst it is unlikely I would ever visit it personally (only being a casual fan of the movie) I would still feel better knowing that there was at least one out there.

It’s a diner, not a restaurant, but one of my favourite places to eat is a Coca Cola-themed diner that my late grandmother introduced me to years ago! Its menu isn’t Coca Cola-themed (though, of course Coca Cola is on the menu), but the decor definitely is! There’s Coca Cola merchandise everywhere. It’s honestly kind of insane LOL, but it’s a great place to visit!

IMG_6768.jpeg
IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6771.jpeg
IMG_6772.jpeg
IMG_6773.jpeg
IMG_6774.jpeg
IMG_6775.jpeg

In general, I think themed restaurants are super fun! I’m not so much into themed menus, but themed restaurants in terms of the decor are awesome! The diner I mentioned above is the only themed eatery I’ve ever been to, but I’d love to visit more one day!

Back