• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Theme/amusement parks - yes or no? šŸŽ 

I think theme parks are cool when done right in general.

Granted, theme parks are cool as long as there's enough effort put into the set pieces and the theming of the rides.

I'm usually picky on which theme parks peaked my interest especially if the theme is "immersive" enough, like being part of a movie or some fictional media. I think the Wizarding World at Universal knocked it out of the park in terms of theming and rides to be honest. The execution of the themes is so good.

I'm not a big fan of roller coaster rides though.

the only amusement park that iā€™ve ever been to is canadaā€™s wonderland. the crowds and queues there are most definitely insane (it took 25-30+ mins just to get in when i went last year šŸ˜…), but itā€™s overall a pretty fun place to visit if you look past that!

that being said, me going to any theme/amusement park is pretty pointless for me these days since i absolutely hate the rides
IMG_2750.png
iā€™ve never been a big fan of tall rollercoasters, heights, rides that make you go upside down, fast rides etc, but i used to have the nerve to ride every ride (besides the ones that go upside down) at least once, and i was able to handle ā€œkiddieā€ rides. however, it seems that in the 10+ year gap between when i went to canadaā€™s wonderland last year and the time before that, all rides have become a no for me. i only went on two rides when i visited last year, one of which was a ā€œkiddieā€œ ride that was one of my favourites when i was a kid, and i deadass screamed in terror the entire timeā€” i donā€™t doubt that the employees and everyone waiting for their turn thought i was insane LOL. i hated the speed, the drops, the sharp turns, and the fact that the safety bar felt a little loose didnā€™t help, either. i was already nauseous and shaky after the first ride, so it was pretty much over for me before i even got on the second
IMG_2812.png
hell, i even had a panic attack when i got on the skywheel (ferris wheel) at niagara falls, i am just a complete wuss when it comes to all rides now lmao

my favourite part about canadaā€™s wonderland is the candy shoppe there! it was my favourite part when i was a kid as well, and i was so happy to see it was still there last year! itā€™s pretty expensive, but the taffies, rock candies, and all of the other candies and sweet treats are so yummy! i also got an exclusive alpaca stuffed animal there, as well as an exclusive squishmallow from the gift shop! iā€™d love to visit again for halloween or christmas one day, but for now amusement parks arenā€™t for me haha
IMG_3156.jpeg

i absolutely hate the ride that this little cutie is inspired by, but it does make for an adorable squishmallow!
IMG_3155.jpeg

Been to many theme parks as a kid, especially Disney World. I used to love roller coasters and wild rides, but now, it's not as fun for me, and I don't know why. I don't like long lines, big crowds or expensive merchandise/food either. Shame this is no longer fun for me. I had the opportunity to take a trip to Cali later this year to experience Disney Land and Universal Hollywood (long story) but I turned it down.

i frequented paultons park as a child and i've been to thorpe park quite a bit (not been since covid, though i'd quite like to go before the year's over) ;D i remember once some kids tried to bribe someone who worked at the park to go on a rollercoaster with some notes (they were not successful heh).

also been to tivoli gardens in copenhagen. 360 degree rollercoaster (tik tak) was not grooved upon

I like the idea of them more than I actually like going.

Since youā€™re from Aus too surely you know the Royal Melbourne Show SJ šŸ˜‚ I went a few times, in my opinion, it was just fine. Not repelled but would rather go to different places.

The branded ones also donā€™t really sell me. Like some of the rides at them look extremely cool but the ones with the best rides have hour+ wait times and honestly any wait over half an hour would be a hard no for me. But aside from that brand/merchandising isnā€™t a huge draw for me. Itā€™d be a ā€œcool if I was thereā€œ kinda thing, but I donā€™t really just happen to pop close to amusement parks and again the big ones have stupid waits anyway.

I enjoy them once in a while, an amusement park trip is definitely a very draining activity though. I like the more intense rides/rollercoasters but I am also down for slow rides or even just watching some live performances which most theme parks seem to have.

I've been lucky enough to go to different Disney parks on two occasions and those were the trips I enjoyed the most! I would love to visit even more Disney locations in the future and I am also quite interested in checking out the new Super Mario area at Universal Studios.

i love theme parks! i went to disneyland with my sister earlier this year and had a blast. the rides are fun and the whole place just feels so magical. the long waits and standing a lot aren't the best but i think they're worth it. hoping to go again soon with my whole family :)

i like them! what i hate are the insanely long lines and the insane amount of people there, although i guess that's a given at any popular theme park :cautious:

Back