• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

[The Void Project] BACK FROM THE DARKNESS

Working on a story right now. c: I will need some others, as it will be kind of a pass along story.

Yes! Both of you!! Please do! :D

Knox sounds like an interesting villager to have a story about! I'm sure his knightly duties would find much use in the void :)

hi I can't believe I just wrote something because I'm more of a poetry type of person but here's a story. It doesn't have illustrations yet!
?Yeah, mayor. I?m moving today! I wonder what my new town will be like?? Lyman grinned at the Mayor as he packed the last of his boxes. He had been anticipating this move for weeks, making sure to take extra long morning jogs around the town of Maria, his hometown. He reminisced about the delicious oranges at the orange grove near camp. They sure were perfect? It was his first time eating such a succulent fruit, and he remembered how the juice created the perfect after workout drink.

But something was never exactly ?perfect? in Maria. Something wasn?t quite right?

Lyman could never pinpoint what that feeling was. But his muscles twitched and tensed in unknowing anticipation for that unknown. Somehow, he knew that there was something horribly, terribly wrong with Maria, and he quietly planned his move, paying careful attention not to let the Mayor know about his plan. Every passing day, his jogs became shorter and the twitch in his muscles grew stronger.

It was finally time to leave, and Lyman took one final look around his emptied house. There would be nothing left of him tomorrow, and somehow, knowing that he would leave without any traces caused his heart to beat faster. His muscles began to spasm harder, stronger.

From the darkness of the early morning sky, a terrible pressure began to constrict around Lyman. A sudden and uncharacteristic feeling of fear seeped into his mind.

Wait? this feeling. It?s the same feeling I?ve been feeling all my time in Maria! The source of his twitch, his subconscious acknowledgements of strange, all of these sensations came pouring into one concentrated moment of realization: It was the Darkness all this time. Lyman began to regret his decisions to move away, but it was far too late. His muscles were paralyzed by the Darkness. Oh, chips I?m in trouble. Lyman shut his eyes as the Darkness pressed down and all became black. As Isabelle?s voice came over the speakers, Lyman drifted into the depths of the Void, never to be seen again.

Woah! That was awesome! I didn't think it was going to end that way! And then - bam! You realize it was going to happen all along!

Thanks for sharing :)

Amemome, again, that was a great! Poor Lyman. The koalas receive so little love.

I'm adding a new feature I came up with while trying to brainstorm. If anyone wants to leave information about voided items - villagers, human characters, old towns, towns from different games, lost items, houses, etc., you can leave it on here, and it might show up in a story later! This way our Void has faces to go with it! :)

(I know I'm already wanting to explore a story about a Plot Reset Character, and hopefully, sheepie will start her adventures soon and meet plenty of new people in the Void! And I'm sure there will be other moments where other creators could use a ready character :) So thanks for your help!)

Last edited:
wow I have a ton of voided villagers -.- seriously like thirty or something I feel so guilty wow but yeah they could become residents of The Void!! I can give you a list, and so I can like write little stories, it doesn't have to be art, right?

Nope! :) I figured we could just have a little memorial to our fallen villagers, and they could live here in imagination :)

Knox was a different villager. He came across as cranky, but he aspired to be the most chivalrous villager in pallet. He said hello, ran errands, and held doors for all those in pallet.

One day, the mayor asked him to be the villages guardian, a ranger of the town. He gladly accepted. Him and his pal Sterling always had it covered.

But one day, Knox arrived to the guards post alone. Sterling had left the town for mysterious reasons, and Knox wanted to know why. He left the mayor a letter saying he had to search for his friend. He hated leaving his friends behind, especially the Mayor, but he knew it had to be done. To this day Knox searches for Sterling, wishing to find his comrade.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for no spoilers. On mobile.

Knox was a different villager. He came across as cranky, but he aspired to be the most chivalrous villager in pallet. He said hello, ran errands, and held doors for all those in pallet.

One day, the mayor asked him to be the villages guardian, a ranger of the town. He gladly accepted. Him and his pal Sterling always had it covered.

But one day, Knox arrived to the guards post alone. Sterling had left the town for mysterious reasons, and Knox wanted to know why. He left the mayor a letter saying he had to search for his friend. He hated leaving his friends behind, especially the Mayor, but he knew it had to be done. To this day Knox searches for Sterling, wishing to find his comrade.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for no spoilers. On mobile.

Oooh! Yes! Good beginning!! What happened to Sterling??

The fact that you actually lost Knox the Void makes it intriguing, too

Yup.

*ahem* Now, several months later, knox arrives to a small settlement known as the void. He asked around for his buddy Sterling, and the residents pointed to a small hut on the hill. Knox traveled up the hill, and there he saw his friend.

"Where have ya been, Sterling?" Knox asks.

"This is the land that should have never been. Here, time has been forgotten. All of the residents here are runaways, adventurers, or just wanting to be somewhere new. The land is not safe. People have been disappearing..." Sterling said.

"Sounds like you need a knight in shiny armor. I'm your man. I can protect this town!"

From that day forth, Knox fought the darkness around the Void and protected its inhabitants.

Enter Knox, Protector of the Lost, Helpless, and Innocent of the Void!

Knox BW Smaller New.jpg

Don't worry little buddy!​

Real quick sketch up of that cutie :)

Last edited:
Continuity isn't required, but ya! He can totally be a repeat character! I'll probably include him somewhere when I get my series going :)

I know I posted this in my other thread, but this is kind of in the spirit of an RPG, but it's a little more loose - more of where people can post creative things and feed off of each other! Which is in the same spirit of an RPG :)

Last edited:
Is only literature accepted? I have an idea for what happened to the GCN villagers that mysteriously vanished since Wild World, but I don't know whether I should write it out or illustrate. (It would probably be done faster if I wrote it... and maybe a lot more coherent...) :p

Back