[The Void Project] BACK FROM THE DARKNESS

It's not quite dead yet but it seems to be in a bit of a lull, I still lurk around ready to reply to anything though.

Occasional lurking aside I only check back so often, I've been getting a tad sidetracked and one person lurking doesn't keep a forum active. If anyone comes here again feel free to message me, I do appreciate the stories on here and would enjoy seeing how they come to a close if they do. For my own part I leave behind Curlos's last tale... Or is it? Depend on if anyone cares but responses have always been too few and far between so I'm done posting here unless it's requested. I do have an unfinished story sitting around for The Void about Alli so if someone is interested then private message me and I could send it to you but it's too incomplete to post here and I'm too unmotivated to finish.

Anyway here's Curlos's last thing, I wrote it after he started appearing in my stores area to commemorate his apparent escape but wanted to hold off until I was done writing for him. There are more ideas in my head I had in mind for him but I'm sure there are other crazies besides Curlos to fill The Void he left (Groan in agony from the bad pun! Your pain amuses me!) but that's just if The Void Project returns or if anyone cares about my stories in particular. Hope you enjoy.

"Hey Curlos! Gonna ditch that stupid scarf finally?" A cruel but squeaky voice jeers. The golden-horned ram ignores the taunt and finishes tying a periwinkle scarf to the highest branch of the dead tree he enjoyed hiding in most. Curlos dropped down and gazed up at the slightly tattered scarf as it fluttered in the chilling wind like a flag. Curlos patted the trunk of the tree he had hid in more than any other and softly said his farewell. "You served me well on the many occasions I took sanctuary in your branches, until next time old friend."

"Curlos... That's a tree... You're talking to a tree..." Broccolo says in a cautious tone, unsure of Curlos's thin line between humorous and madness. Curlos smirked, still not looking at his little friend. "I'm well aware Broccolo, but this tree is as much a friend to me as any other friend, possibly more so because it doesn't see me as a madman to be avoided." The small blue mouse rolls his eyes at this. "It's a tree Curlos, it doesn't see anything." Curlos chuckled quietly. "That's where you're wrong, this tree has seen more than you could ever imagine, let alone experience."

Broccolo shook his head in exasperation. "After spending as much time in The Void as I have, I can imagine a fair bit Curlos." Curlos finally turned to look at his companion. "I know, I'm not saying you haven't, but this tree has seen so many come and go, seen some rise from the ashes and some fall to madness. It has witnessed all that has happened here since it's own arrival." Broccolo still wasn't fazed by all this. "So what are you saying goodbye for anyway?" Curlos grins at the rodent, not his typical grin of madness but one that looks genuinely happy. Broccolo finds himself more terrified of this completely sincere smile than of any crazy smirk Curlos had had before and starts to back away. "Today is the day I'm getting out of The Void."

Broccolo is dumbstruck at this, but before he can vocalize his thoughts to accuse this of being crazy even by Curlos's standards the brown sheep takes off towards the mountains at a sprint. Broccolo curses under his breath and runs after Curlos.
Curlos gets to the cliff and looks up, a few villagers peer out from their hiding places to see the spectacle. Exited murmurs emit from the shadows at the scene as Curlos begins climbing. "What is that crazy sheep-" "-is that Curlos-" "My word he's naked!" "-shut up Hippeaux..."

Curlos continues his accent with ease. Perhaps I'm as surefooted as a mountain goat, or perhaps I just had more than my fair share of practice on these cliffs. Curlos chuckled to himself. He was getting close to the top when something appeared in his peripheral vision. Chancing a glance down Curlos saw a blue alligator glaring up at him. Hmmm, I don't suppose Allie is here to say goodbye? A load roar echoed through the unstable cliffs that Curlos was scaling. Nope, guess not.

The mountains rumbled as huge rocks tumbled around Curlos, he tries to peer through the thick cloud of dust to see where the rocks are falling but his eyes begin to water and he shuts them tightly and clings to the cliff. The spectators hold their breath waiting for the dust to clear. At the rumbling subsides noone can see Curlos. Broccolo feels his blood run cold as his eyes dart frantically in an attempt to spot Curlos. The mouse turns to glare at the alligator and before he knew what he was doing he found himself on her back pounding with his tiny fists and biting when he got the chance. Allie stumbled backwards into a rope that is pulled taut and falls to the ground with a loud thud. A pink squirrel darts out and quickly hogties the gator.

Broccolo pants heavily from the exhaustion. "Thanks Peanut, I owe ya one." Peanut winks at her friend. "Darn right you do." She says with a smirk, but her mirth fades when she sees the sadness in Broccolo's eyes as he gazes up at the cliff.
Suddenly part of the cliff seems to lift up and shake away the dirt like a dog, revealing a sheep who had managed to vanish completely and dramatically for the first time since his arrival. He coughs as he wipes the dust from his eyes to gaze down at the shocked crowd. "I guess it was the scarf messing up my ability to vanish, I owe Bangle 50 bells." He mutters to himself before he continues his climb.

Curlos finally reaches the top ledge of the cliff, as he starts to pull himself up a paw reaches out to help. Curlos peers up at a white mouse with a guitar slung over her shoulder as she helped him up. "Hey slowpoke, I beat you here." Bella says with amusement in her voice. "Pssh, whatever Bella, you had a lot longer to get up here." Curlos teased. Bella paused for a moment. "Did... You just talk in a different font?" Curlos chuckles. "You can't hear fonts Bella, you're so crazy."

Bella rolls her eyes at the sheep's shenanigans, before pulling out a scarf patterned like a reggae shirt. "Yeah, I'm the crazy one, put some clothes on, ya crazy nudist." Curlos takes the scarf and considers how much more his friends would have teased him over stealth had he been wearing this colorful accessory. "Ready to go?" Bella asks, interrupting him from his thoughts. "Yeah, let's go. Time to find someone else who will cringe in horror as the horrible tier 5 villagers crush their precious hybrids with awful house placement." Curlos jests. Bella tries not to laugh as she strolls off. "Yeah, I'll bet you set a new record for being voided with that attitude." Curlos cackles a bit. "I should hope so, The Void is where all my friends are after all, I'm sure they'll miss me there..."

Something I whipped up in like ten minutes. (I made my mayor look so evil!)

The guy off to the left is Easton, the one I made in order to get extra Easter furniture. He's still in my town, but I think I might "void" him soon... <^<

- - - Post Merge - - -

(I'm obviously not too good with line-less art... as evidenced by my mayor...)

*When you realize you never voided Easton and his house has been just sitting there as a tent full of Easter stuff for almost a year*

Ayyy lmao

Anyways, I'll try to get some art of some sort done soon. I don't want to see this thread die, as I like its idea.

image.jpg
a drawing of my last voided villager, Groucho just because :p

Last edited:
I want to write a story or something, but I'd rather do it with someone else. If anyone wants to do a little story with alternating chapters, VM me!

So this doesn't die, I'm going to start...

Before I begin, some info:

Sara- Mayor of Startown, bright, cheerful, sassy, but in situations like this she gets very upset.
Candi- Human Resident of Startown, sweet, cheerful, youthful, runs a candy shop.
Crystal/Jinx- Human Resident of Startown, a witch (literally), mysterious, dark, a little bossy
Startown- The town that was deleted.
Keiran- Future resident of Heaven, Shy, quiet, likes Japanese, zen things and cats

"...Are you sure you want to do this, Mayor?" Are you really, really sure?"
I saw the sadness in Isabelle's eyes, something I had never seen before. I really didn't want to leave this town, but I felt as if I had no choice.
"Y-yes," I said, chocking up.
Isabelle sighed sadly. "Very well." She pushed back the shelf of books behind my desk, revealing a door. She went inside and came out with a small transparent sphere. "This is a bomb. I-it's set to destroy this town in exactly ten minutes. G-get all the human residents and get on the train..." A single tear fell from her eye.
"But what about the animals?" I say, trying to keep from bursting into tears. "A-and you...?"
Isabelle swallowed. "I-I'll be fine. We'll be fine... J-just go. Don't waste any time."
I turned around and left the town hall, but not before looking around one last time. I'll always remember that dark green.
I realized it has already been a minute, so I ran, and didn't look back.
After getting Candi and Crystal from their homes, we had two minutes left. I saw Isabelle place the bomb in the center of town.
"Get on the train! Hurry up!" She shouted, her face wet with tears.
We turned around to go. "Wait! Mayor Sara!" She said.
I turned back and went up to her. "Take this," she said, sliding a red bracelet with bells on it on my wrist. It looked just like her hair tie.
"N-never forget me..." She said quietly. "I'm sure we'll meet again... Some day... Somewhere.."
The bomb started to beep, indicating one minute was left. "Go!" Isabelle choked. "Hurry!"
Me and the others ran towards the train station, where the train was waiting. "So long! Good bye! Good luck in your new life!" Porter called as I stepped on, clearly hiding how upset he was. The train sped off, and I looked back just in time to see Isabelle wave just before the bomb exploded. It created a bright firery burst, and I saw houses, trees, and buildings rip apart and fly through the air.
I closed my eyes and looked away. I didn't want that to make me more upset. And I definitely didn't want to see the bodies of my residents and Isabelle all...
I stopped there. I didn't want to get too dark. It'd just make me more upset... And terrify people reading my thoughts, or something.
"W-where is this train going...?" I turned to Candi. She shrugged sadly.
"Next stop, The Void," the train driver announced.
The Void? Oh no...
"W-what's that?" Candi asked. "It sounds scary..."
"Sounds like a cool place," Crystal said quietly.
I shivered. The Void... I knew what that was. The place where all the deleted data went. Like us. Like our whole town.
I should've known... Staying in Startown would've been a million times better than this...
"Have a nice day!" The conductor said cheerfully as he pushed the three girls off the train and off the cliff.
The ground was soft, so they only ended up with a few bruises.
"Ow!!...W...where are we? Is this The Void?" Candi asked timidly.
Sara sighed. "Yeah... "
"I don't like it here. I want to go back to town...." Candi replied.
"We can't. Startown's gone. And I have no idea how to get out of here..." Sara said, looking up the steep cliff they were just pushed off. "Why don't we explore... Maybe we can find a way...."
"I don't know about you, but I'm staying here forever," Crysral said, looking around. "This place is amazing. Dark and dreary, just the way I like it."
"Suit yourself," Sara replied, and her and Candi got up and started walking. They eventually came to a forest of cedar trees. They had an eerie air about them.
"I-I'm scared," Candi said, her voice shaking. She squeezed Sara's hand.
"It'll be okay," Sara said. She wasn't scared, but some sort of feeling she couldn't describe. Some sort of... Emptiness.
After a while, the say a small light through the trees.
"It's a campfire," Sara said. She and Candi walked through the trees to find a brown-haired boy wearing a dirty hoodie sitting on a log by the campfire, staring at it.
"H-hello," Candi said. "Can we sit here?"
The boy was very shy, and didn't look them straight in the eyes, but the girls understood his guesture to sit.
Sara was grateful she found this fire, it was so warm and bright, compared to the cold darkness that was The Void.
"So, what's your name?" She asked.
The boy looked down and thought for a minute. He took a deep breath and looked up, struggling to make eye contact and said,
"M-my name is Keiran."
Sara smiled. "Nice to meetcha. How did you get here? Our town got deleted, and we had to take a train so we wouldn't..." She held her tears back, thinking about Isabelle. "...well, we ended up here."
Keiran thought. Should he tell them?
"Well...okay." He said quietly.

(Is the bomb too dark? I didn't include gore or anything but I dunno)

I like your story, Diancie Rose! Here's chapter one of my story.

Camping in BestTown was fun, because I ran all over the town! As a penguin, I prefer swimming, but on that day I did something different. I'm glad I did, because otherwise nobody would've warned me.

I wasn't really looking where I was going, and I crashed into a goat with black fur. We both fell into the dirt. I stood up and asked, "Are you okay, ladybro?"

The goat said "I'm fine," then stood up and asked, "Who are you? I haven't seen you in town before."

"I'm Roald, the muscular champion!" I said proudly.

"I'm Nan!" the goat replied.

"I'm camping in town today! It's so fun, ladybro!" I said happily.

"Oh no." said Nan, her eyes wide in fear. "You're not the mayor's dreamie, Stinky, and you don't sound like a cranky, a personality the mayor wants. You're doomed." A tear ran down her cheek.

"What?" I said. "I'm going to DIE!?!?"

"No," Nan said sadly. "Worse. If the mayor doesn't invite you to live in our village by 6 a.m., you'll go to The Void. It's where all the unwanted things go. It's cold, garbage is everywhere, and nobody cares about you because they're so concerned about their own survival. Good luck." Nan and I said goodbye.

I was too miserable to finish my workout, so I walked back to my tent. I sat in silence, with my beak in a frown. Then, the flap of my tent opened and A PUMPKIN HEAD CAME INSIDE! I was about to make a run for it, but then the pumpkin head said, "Hi, I'm Mayor Audrey." Whew! It was just the mayor wearing a mask from Halloween.

THIS IS MY CHANCE! I thought.

"Hey, ladybro!" I said to the mayor. "What are your hobbies and interests?"

Audrey said, "I like reading, running-"

"I LIKE RUNNING TOO! We could run together, ladybro! However, if we're going to run together, it would be easier if we were in the same village. I should move here!" I smiled, hoping that Mayor Audrey would agree with my idea.

"Your friends back home will probably miss you. Besides, an old friend is going to return to the village and run with me. " replied Audrey.

As much as I lied about my hobbies to try to convince the mayor to let me move in, she never agreed. Eventually she said, "It's been nice chatting with you, Roald, but I have to attend to mayoral duties." Then she left.

I saw her around town and talked with her. I tried my best, but night came and the animals were going to bed. Audrey said she was tired and had to go to sleep. I was starting to get tired too. It was time to give up.

NO! A champion never gives up! I thought. I ran to Audrey's house and knocked on her door. She opened it, looking groggy and angry. "I was just about to fall asleep... What do you want?" Clearly, she thought I was annoying for constantly asking to move to BestTown.

"To move to this village! I'll leave you alone if you let me. And we can run together!" I smiled. She would probably do anything to make me leave her alone.

But, once again, she declined my offer. I knocked on her door multiple times, and we both became more tired and irritated. Finally, I decided to give up. Nothing would convince her to let me move in. Like Nan said, I was doomed.

I decided to gather fruit so I wouldn't starve in the cruel Void. I filled up my pockets with full baskets of fruit so I could keep myself alive for at least a little while. I then thought about water, so I filled bottles so I wouldn't thirst during Void workouts. Then, I wondered if there were fights in the Void. Probably, with such limited resources and no laws. I bought some medicine to help heal cuts. I had to drop some food to make space for water and medicine, but it was worth it. I was then ready to go to The Void.

I ran back to my tent and curled up in my sleeping bag. I had a terrible nightmare about The Void.

Animals screamed as they tried not to be crushed by falling furniture. Many died, and the survivors fought over a winter coat they found in a heap of unwanted things. Animals were shoved and hurt, until a tiger won the coat. The rest of the animals were bleeding and shivering. A cat with a huge bloody gash on her cheek said, "Roald, this is your last chance! You are a champion, and if you try your best, you won't end up like us!" She was then tackled by a rhino, and all of her peaches were pulled out of her pockets.

I woke up in my tent, sweating in fear. I had to listen to the cat's advice! But then I remembered the mayor's annoyed, tired face. There was nothing I could do to avoid my fate.

I looked at my watch. It said 5:57. Only three minutes left!

My tent flap opened, and Nan came inside. "Hey, ladybro," I said sadly.

" I wanted to say goodbye to you, so I woke up a few minutes early." Nan explained. "Good luck surviving in The Void. A pig named Rasher survived and escaped from The Void. I hope you can too. If you do, you should write a book about it. It would be an interesting book for me to read. Nice meeting you, Roald... Goodbye." said Nan, tears rolling down her face. "Goodbye, Nan. Nice knowing you," I said, checking my watch. 5:59. "Nan, one minute left! Get out of the tent, before you're voided with it!" I shouted. Nan ran out of the tent, and I stared at my watch, waiting.

Just as my watch said 6:00 a.m., I felt me and the tent falling. The wind blew the flap open, and I fell forward. I screamed, falling out of the tent and into the darkness.

Last edited:
Back