Spring Sakura
Isabelle
Lobo
Easter Egg
Dark Easter Egg
[The Void Project]

Logo750Real_zpsda131085.jpg

Welcome

Welcome to the land where the trains don?t stop, and the music doesn?t play, and the rules have disappeared; where the weeds grow rampant, and the rocks become mountains, and the animals aren?t so cultured anymore;
the land is dark,
the land is afraid,
and the land is wild.

This is The Void. Everyone and everything you know has disappeared here. This is where it all ends up. No doubt you wondered where Re-Tail stored its trash heaps, or where your path was deleted into, or what happened to your villager with no place to go.

You found it.

It?s here.

And now you?re here, too.

Everyone who comes here is different. I?ve seen a thousand different people with a thousand different gleams in their eyes. They chose how to make their way out here. So will you.

I recommend you run, or get real good at hiding, until you figure it out. The Void doesn?t wait. The Void will do its best to rob you of everything that you are. That's its job. To delete the unwanted data.

And The Void will do its best to destroy you.

Fall by a tiger who was once your friend. Become lost in an eternal bamboo forest. Sink into a black cosmos that starts in your soul.

But you?ll figure it out.

I?ve seen it before.

I?ve seen people run. I?ve seen people hide. I?ve seen them grow wild and untamed here in this black jungle. I?ve seen them barely survive. I?ve even seen them fall.

And occasionally,

I?ve seen them live.

So tell me.

What's your story?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[THE VOID PROJECT: BETA]

This is The Void Project! This is a place where we can creatively share the stories of the lost villagers, the characters (or items!) in our Animal Crossing games who disappear into a storehouse of deleted data ? or, The Void! Anyone is welcome to join in here, and explore the imaginations of what has happened to our villagers post-game.

Basically, you can tell the stories however you want - words, art, sculpture, screenshots, animation, music - whatever you can imagine :)
You can continue from someone else's story, put in someone else's villager, or make up your own way of doing things! There is no right way to do this!
So don't be worried! Skill level is irrelevant, amount of Animal Crossing experience is irrelevant, and conventional storytelling and art are irrelevant! It?s okay to be bad at this.
Because what we?re doing is sharing together! Adventures, ideas, stories, thoughts, doodles, 5-year-oil-paint masterpieces ? what?s important is that you?re here! Because we like you :) And your pretty brain!

Guys in charge
Jesusfreakette - Person Who Jumps Off the Cliff First
Statistic1114 - Co-Commander-in-Chief
Venice - Tumblr Tycoon
MayorMae - Keeper of the Records/The Noble Monkey with a Typewriter building the Canon
Lollipop - Wielder of the Red Pen
Qwerty111 - Compichation Master
Intern still wanted :) You will basically run the show but receive the pay of nothing

~~~~~~Hey guys :) I know we're in a lull right now! But I'll still be here, and I'm sure plenty of other people will be, too :) You are welcome to stick around while we play around and figure this out, and have fun with this while we discover uncharted territory!! ~~~~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, owing to the fact of this is a community and not all of us can read minds, here are some rules and system informationals:

--All TBT rules apply here. Anything they say trumps anything else.

--The premise of this thread is to get multiple people of us to creatively explore what happened to our villagers (especially those for our real game) when they disappeared into The Void. Interactivity and continuity are encouraged, but not required!

--This is a thread dedicated to an imaginated Void. You are welcome to imagine as you wish within that framework, but please keep it to this theme. (If you would like to post something about something else, please do share it elsewhere within The Museum!)

--You can generally use whatever medium you want. Text. Digital painting. Clay modeling. Screenshots. Crayons. Popcorn arrangements. Kazoo melodies. Haikus. There?s not really a limit here. This is ?The Museum,? so it should probably be artistic. That?s really the only rule when it comes to the medium

--CONTENT
-----Please, no violence, romance, or psychologically jarring content. Animal Crossing is a children?s game, therefore, keep this at a level that any child would be safe to adhere to. Think Disney, or Sunday morning funnies like Calvin and Hobbes or Peanuts. Keep it at that level.
----I?m going to clarify further. Things like being chased, or ?ouch, that actually hurt,? or kissing the princess to break the spell are acceptable. But do not dwell, or go into lots of detail about this. So it can happen, but don?t divulge an entire paragraph into iffy issues. Please do not bring up sexuality, or gross body fluids, or horrifying imagery. Avoid issues that might have people still hurting from it. Be gentle, be soft, and be fun. Again, think Disney.
----For art, please adhere to that same frame of mind. Avoid blood, sexuality, excessive scariness, etc. etc., pretty much what I said up there.
----Further clarification: Things that are entirely okay: suspense, exploration of psychological issues (ie, sadness, frustration, elation, victory, compassion, etc.), chemistry between characters, stylized/nongorey action and "violence", bad guys who are clearly bad guys, intensity of emotions (especially when kept in balance with other emotions), pancakes, running, sports, friendships, bushes, rotten fruit, etc.
----This is about The Void, and it is about Animal Crossing. Mild spoofs/references outside of this are fine. A 5 page comic strip about Pokemon with a brief passing mention about The Void in Animal Crossing is not fine. Just try to keep the focus as The Void of Animal Crossing.
----Lastly, no swearing please - try to keep your language G-rated!

Felicity Very Small.jpg
Here is a picture of Felicity, because this text block is getting way too boring. Look at how cute she is!

--Do not use someone else?s content without their permission!! This will be frowned upon and might get you in a lot of trouble.

--Please no advertisements! Do your best to keep things on this thread. If your submission is too long, try breaking it up and posting it as a serial, or just making it smaller. We might incorporate official links later, but I want to try to keep this self-contained.

--Multiple issues/serials/recurring characters or themes are encouraged! It would be appreciated if you planned out the whole thing beforehand, that way you don?t leave us hanging in suspense. But this thread is really a place for general creative mush. If you?re just really ridiculously good at writing introductions? then go for it! Although we might blackmail you till you finish the story for us.

--Because this is designed to be a place where we are interacting together, people might want to reuse your characters, designs, or plotlines. You are free to request otherwise. If someone does request that their creations not be used without their permission, then please do not. However, do keep in mind that this thread is for creative mush. Interactivity is part of it. So just expect interaction.

--Be friendly! Be kind and encouraging to your fellow community members. You are welcome to suggest changes, but do so in a helpful way! For example, ?This piece is so awesome! I could see it becoming even stronger if you were to change such-and-such in a way that is like this: ----.? Or, ?There are some grammatical errors in here, but if you?d like, I can offer different constructive changes so your message is clearer. I hope you?ll keep working on it because I think it?s worth the effort!?

--Creative mush is allowed. It?s okay to be bad. And it?s okay to get better. Those parts of your work that aren?t quite the same as everybody else?s ? those are you! We like that :)

--We might impose a limit to how often we can post new things (which I?d hate to do!), but for now, please just post every few days/at your wisest discretion. In-between, you are welcome to keep editing, encourage others with their work, or start on even more pieces! I am a part of the community who will just post dumps of items all at once, and so I am making this rule out of compassion. It is okay to be prolific, but we?re going to try to give everyone a chance in the spotlight.

--If you do a long running serial, please include a title and a numeral of some kind (i.e., ?The Great Void Pancake Recipe: 001 ? Introduction). That way, we can keep up. I hope to improve the organization of this later.

--Grammar is not strict here :) However, if you would like something edited for grammar/clarity/general home improvement, just say so! Lollipop or myself can do some editing :)

--Rules for any contests or time-based events will be located below. If there?s not one yet? be on the lookout!

--There is a Tumblr page dedicated to the works of this thread ( http://acvoidproject.tumblr.com/ ). I will copy and paste the art and stories from here onto there, to help with organization! If you do not want me to do this, just say! Or if you decide you'd like me to take it down, you can say that, too :)

--Uses lots of smilies! :) :) :) Or just smiles lots in real life :) It helps!

--If you have suggestions about how to make things go more smoothly, please let me know!

--Myself and anybody else who is in charge might change these rules, and we probably will soon.

--If you are unclear about anything on here, please ask!

Did you read all this? Props to you! You get an imaginary cookie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(New Concept) Faces of the Void

Lastly, the Void could use a population! If you'd like to leave information about a villager/character/town/item/something that was deleted, you can leave that here, and it might show up later! This could just be another resource for creators to pull from, and another way of interacting :) I'll just add the villagers here if you ask, that way we don't step on anybody's creative toes, so make sure to specify if that's what you'd like :)

**If someone else would like to help me keep this list up to date, that'd be great, as it's a lot of growing info, and I keep getting things wrong! :p**

Void Residents
Chickens
Knox, Knight of the Void (From Pallet of Mayor Cheren)
Ken (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Benedict (from Lilycove)
Bears
Paula (from Windbell/Paradise)
Charlise (from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Groucho (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Tammy (Ghost haunting mayor Aidan from Crystal)
Grizzly (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Curt (from Paradiso of mayor Mae)
Mice
Bree (first voided villager from Bree of mayor Noh/from Mawava of mayor Candi)
Rizzo (from Windbell)
Rod (old friend from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Chadder (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Anicotti (from Chrome of mayor Iris)
Broccolo (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Bella (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Sheep
Muffy (in search of turf wars from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Vesta (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Pietro (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Willow (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Curlos (Crazy Curlos, the Psychotic Hipster Sheep of the Void, from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Pigs
Kevin (a starter from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Agnes (from Lilycove)
Elephants
Opal (from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Deer
Fuschia (TT accident from Paradise of mayor Reindeer)
Fauna (still carrying all her letters from mayor Aidan of Crystal)
Bruce (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Frogs
Henry (from Twinleaf of mayor Hannah)
Camofrog (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Lily (Void traveler extraordinaire with Lucille from Bluebell)
Prince (from Lilycove)
Henry (from Paradiso of mayor Mae)
Kangaroos
Mathilda (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Marcy (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Astrid (from Mercury of mayor Ami)
Kitt (good friend of mayor George from Machi)
Walt ((good friend of mayor George from Machi, lost in a TTing accident)
Ducks
Mallary (from Cherry of mayor Darius)
Deena (from Paradiso of mayor Mae)
Freckles (from L. Lawliet's town)
Ostriches
Blanche (camper move-in from Cherry of mayor Darius)
Cranston (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Birds
Sparro (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Midge (from Skyville)
Rabbits
Bonbon (good old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Snake (from Lilycove)
Bunnie (from Lilycove)
O'Hare (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Goats
Pashmina (old friend of mayor Stella from Pine)
Horses
Ed (rescued by mayor Etsy from Laedon)
Squirrel
Sally (from Laedon of mayor Etsy)
Ricky (from Chrome of mayor Iris)
Hazel (from Celadon of mayor Lindsey)
Marshal (from Lilycove)
Sheldon (from Skyville of mayor Hailey)
Pecan (only voided villager from Mucka of mayor Melissa)
Cats
Ankha (from Lilycove)
Katt (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)
Alligators
Del (from Lilycove)
Monkeys
Shari (from Lilycove)
Hamsters
Rodney (from Lilycove)
Bear Cubs
Bluebear (from Lilycove/good friend of mayor George from Machi)
Koalas
Sydney (from Lilycove)
Cows
T-Bone (from Lilycove)
Rodeo (from Celadon of mayor Lindsey)
Penguins
Aurora (bestest friend of Venice from Artime)
Octopi
Ocatavian (from Crystal of mayor Aidan)

Deleted Humans
- from Celadon
DD from Lilycove
Max from Skyville
Lila from Crystal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's all I have for you! I hope you'll get to participate in this big community exploration of the Void!

This is definitely in BETA, as I've never tried to organize something like this before, so I highly encourage feedback. I am listening. I am changing. I am trying to figure out a system.

And welcome to the Void! Enjoy your stay!

////////////////////||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Canon Contests
by Mayor Mae

As The Noble Monkey with a Typewriter building the Canon, I am going to host a weekly contest sort of thing, which will help us build the canon version of The Void for people to work off of so things don't get out of hand with our creative imaginations. I'll be using a red post like this each Sunday/Monday so look out for it!​

The Canon will just be for official/group projects! You can still go crazy in your own posts :)

Rules/Explanation

- Each Sunday/Monday I will post a topic in red (like this) and you will then have until the following Saturday to submit something.
-After you have submitted your entry, I will put together a list of it and pm it to the admins, we will then all vote and decide the canon for that topic.
- As we are still feeling our way around in the Void, only recently having discovered it, we will add little things that we discover along the way.
- All above rules still apply

Yay! Here's this week's contest:

Until May 17th, you can submit your entry's for the environmental description of The Void - how it looks, the atmosphere, all the aesthetical things of The Void.

Together we are creating a canon for The Void! :)

You can submit anything you would normally submit- writing, art, anything you wish.

Good luck! You have until Saturday May 17 at 8pm GMT to submit

There's a Tumblr run by Venice! --> http://acvoidproject.tumblr.com/
Designs wanted! Prizes and details explained in spoiler

Tumblr Contests!
I told you there were going to be contests! The Tumblr page is just about done and there are a few things missing!

What is needed:
A Banner
A Side Bar Image
An Avatar

Rules/Info:

All TBT Rules and Rules of This Thread is Also Applied

The Banner:
I understand there is already a banner used, but I have another idea for that banner. For this banner, I am seeking a text design or something. If you need an example, click here. You will be brought to my cycling page and you will see a text that says "Greenbow Cycling" that is what I am looking for. I guess you could also call this a header.
Please do not go big, but I am not asking for a specific size. The same size as the example or a similar size would be best fit.
If you are planning to give it a black text, or something black, give it an outline, preferably white. The black will blend into the background. (If transparent background)
Include Art/Designs in it as well, only if you would like. Perhaps something similar with the banner. (Silhouettes)

Side Bar Image:
This will be placed under the box on the left.
The image should be within 250 pixels wide by 280 pixels in height.
You can do whatever you would like for this area.
As mentioned before, if a transparent background is being used, outline dark colors such as black with a white outline or something that can separate the image and the background.
It would be best if the piece followed the theme, which is the void.

• The Avatar should not exceed 300x300 in pixels and should be a perfect square, meaning height and width are the exact same size/length.
  • There is an automatic white background for the avatar. When creating the avatar, I prefer not to have a white background, do something with it!
  • Once again, follow the theme of the blog/project, The Void!

Prizes:
    I am planning on creating a credit page, which will give you credit for your piece. If you a tumblr blog, the link will be provided as well.
    For each category, 1 Million Bells is up for grab for 1st Place.
    That is 3 Million Bells!
    If we get a good amount of entries and/or if the entries are just hard to choose, 2nd and 3rd places will also be included. It is most likely 2nd and 3rd place will get 500k in bells.

Deadline:
    I am giving the deadline to be on May 21st 10:00 AM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)

If you have any questions, please ask!
    I can't wait to see all the entries coming in my way!

-Venice
    Tumblr (Tycoon) Admin

• MPsAI52.gif

Last edited:
I climbed up the walls of the cave, determined to make it this time. It was my third time trying to mistake, I had to make it this time. I stab the knives in, pull myself up, stab the knives in, pull myself up, lather, rinse, and repeat. A voice booms, and I am scared. But I'm also determined. I will make it. I will leave this hole. I will find a place to call home. As I climb, I smell fresh air, and hear the roar of a train. I have to make it before it leaves. My speed increases, and I climb as quickly as I can. I finally reach the top, and see the train turning the corner. I run after it, and manage to get on. I look at my arms, and wonder what animal I will turn into this time. I look, and I see wool growing. A sheep? Not bad. I get onto the main cars of the train, and see the train heading for... Rosewood. My new home.

So, whaddya think?

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

I think I can help with some of the organizing! I'm pretty good at using bb code d: what kind of banner should we do? O: I think someone said (I think yundai?) that it could be a bunch of villagers holding hands out of the void? O:

this is a pretty neat idea!! maybe i'll participate with some art later on, but for now i'll definitely keep up with this thread

I think someone said (I think yundai?) that it could be a bunch of villagers holding hands out of the void? O:

something like that would fit very well!

I climbed up the walls of the cave, determined to make it this time. It was my third time trying to mistake, I had to make it this time. I stab the knives in, pull myself up, stab the knives in, pull myself up, lather, rinse, and repeat. A voice booms, and I am scared. But I'm also determined. I will make it. I will leave this hole. I will find a place to call home. As I climb, I smell fresh air, and hear the roar of a train. I have to make it before it leaves. My speed increases, and I climb as quickly as I can. I finally reach the top, and see the train turning the corner. I run after it, and manage to get on. I look at my arms, and wonder what animal I will turn into this time. I look, and I see wool growing. A sheep? Not bad. I get onto the main cars of the train, and see the train heading for... Rosewood. My new home.

So, whaddya think?

YEAAAAAAAAH!! A perfect start! I love the concept of them being a blank canvas before they arrive. That's a really neat idea! And very well written, I might add! :) I wonder where the blank canvases would come from? Do they all have to get good at rock climbing? A perfect start!

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

I think I can help with some of the organizing! I'm pretty good at using bb code d: what kind of banner should we do? O: I think someone said (I think yundai?) that it could be a bunch of villagers holding hands out of the void? O:

That GIF is beautiful.

That would be awesome for the code!!! Just - yes!

If we want art for a banner, I can handle the art! I loved Yundai's idea! I mean, I'm not like, SuperDuperArtistPerson or whatever, but I could handle silhouettes and such. But I would probably need help with a prettily-drawn text, because - no. I could try to be artistic, and just put a little font above the silhouettes of people, but if someone else has a beautiful concept, I will do everything in my power to help it happen!

But yeah, love the concept of villagers holding hands! It really is just perfect.

Last edited:
Um...... I would love if you would please read the rules. I'm going to have to ask you to take this down, as it is against the rules about violence and content that I laid out above. There is a time and a place, but I already said above that this is not it.

I love the participation, and I would love to see more of your work. I would really appreciate if next time, you would read the rules and follow to the guidelines set out for this thread. Hope to see you here again in the future.

Last edited:
Sorry :(
It was in a small spoiler and didn't see it.
I tend to get carried away with dark things.

Nah, it's okay. I'll try to make the spoiler more obvious. I'm easily excitable myself and tend to miss details like that, so I just figured I would inform you it was definitely against the rules and give you a chance to take it down.

But seriously, feel free to do something else. I love when artists challenge themselves to use a lot of MS Paint work! I think a lot of great work can happen with simple tools. Just keep it in the rules next time :)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gH65z6I.png[/IMG]

[UP-COMING BANNER HERE]
[/CENTER]

[table="width: 700"]
[tr]
[td]
[I]Welcome to the land where the trains don’t stop, and the music doesn’t play, and the rules have disappeared; where the weeds grow rampant, and the rocks become mountains, and the animals aren’t so cultured anymore; the land is dark, the land is afraid, and the land is wild.

This is The Void. Everyone and everything you know has disappeared here. This is where it all ends up. No doubt you wondered where Re-Tail stored its trash heaps, or where your path was deleted into, or what happened to your villager with no place to go.

You found it.

It’s here.

And now you’re here, too.

Everyone who comes here is different. I’ve seen a thousand different people with a thousand different gleams in their eyes. They chose how to make their way out here. So will you.

I recommend you run, or get real good at hiding, until you figure it out. The Void doesn’t wait. The Void will do its best to rob you of everything that you are. That's its job. To delete the unwanted data.
[/I]
[/td]

[td]
[I]
And The Void will do its best to destroy you.

Fall by a tiger who was once your friend. Become lost in an eternal bamboo forest. Sink into a black cosmos that starts in your soul.

But you’ll figure it out.

I’ve seen it before.

I’ve seen people run. I’ve seen people hide. I’ve seen them grow wild and untamed here in this black jungle. I’ve seen them barely survive. I’ve even seen them fall.

And occasionally,

I’ve seen them live.

So tell me.

[B][SIZE=4]What's your story?[/SIZE][/B][/I]
[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5][THE VOID PROJECT: BETA][/SIZE][/B]

This is The Void Project! This is a place where we can creatively share the stories of the lost villagers, the characters (or items!) in our Animal Crossing games who disappear into a storehouse of deleted data – or, The Void! Anyone is welcome to join in here, and explore the imaginations of what has happened to our villagers post-game.

Skill level is irrelevant, amount of Animal Crossing experience is irrelevant, and conventional storytelling and art are irrelevant! It’s okay to be bad at this. What we’re doing is sharing together! Adventures, ideas, stories, thoughts, doodles, 5-year-oil-paint masterpieces – what’s important is that you’re here! Because we like you :) And your pretty brain!

[The Void Project is in its beta version! Basically, this means things will be changing a lot, since we haven’t figured out what we’re doing. I’m using the first personal plural, but it’s actually just me in charge right now. If anyone wants to help out, please let me know!]

[B][SIZE=5]
Now, owing to the fact of this is a community, here are some [I]rules[/I] and system informationals:[/SIZE][/B]

[spoiler=Informationals || Rules and Guidelines]
[SIZE=1]--All TBT rules apply here. Anything they say trumps anything else.

--The premise of this thread is to get multiple people of us to creatively explore what happened to our villagers (especially those for our real game) when they disappeared into The Void. Interactivity and continuity are encouraged, but not required!

--This is a thread dedicated to an imaginated Void. You are welcome to imagine as you wish within that framework, but please keep it to this theme. (If you would like to post something about something else, please do share it elsewhere within The Museum!)

--You can generally use whatever medium you want. Text. Digital painting. Clay modeling. Screenshots. Crayons. Popcorn arrangements. Kazoo melodies. Haikus. There’s not really a limit here. This is “The Museum,” so it should probably be artistic. That’s really the only rule when it comes to the medium.

--CONTENT
-----Please, no violence, romance, or psychologically jarring content. Animal Crossing is a children’s game, therefore, keep this at a level that any child would be safe to adhere to. Think Disney, or Sunday morning funnies like Calvin and Hobbes or Peanuts. Keep it at that level.
----I’m going to clarify further. Things like being chased, or “ouch, I just sprained my ankle,” or kissing the princess to break the spell are acceptable. But do not dwell, or go into lots of detail about this. So it can happen, but don’t divulge an entire paragraph into iffy issues. Please do not bring up sexuality, or gross body fluids, or horrifying imagery. Avoid issues that might have people still hurting from it. Be gentle, be soft, and be fun. Again, think Disney. At least, most Disney. I’m looking at you, Hunchback of Notre Dame.
----For art, please adhere to that same frame of mind. Avoid blood, sexuality, excessive scariness, etc. etc., pretty much what I said up there.
----Further clarification: Things that are entirely okay: suspense, exploration of psychological issues (ie, sadness, frustration, elation, victory, compassion, etc.), chemistry between characters, generic/goofy action, bad guys who are clearly villains, intensity of emotions (especially when balanced with other sides of emotions – i.e., if a character portrayed is feeling really really disappointed, have someone trying to cheer them up), pancakes, running, sports, friendships, bushes, rotten fruit, etc.
----This is about The Void, and it is about Animal Crossing. Mild spoofs/references outside of this are fine. A 5 page comic strip about Pokemon with a brief passing mention about The Void in Animal Crossing is not fine. Just try to keep the focus as The Void of Animal Crossing.

[center][ATTACH=CONFIG]43107[/ATTACH][/center]
Here is a picture of Felicity, because this text block is getting way too boring. Look at how cute she is!

--Do not use someone else’s content without their permission!! This will be frowned upon and might get you in a lot of trouble.

--Please no advertisements! Do your best to keep things on this thread. If your submission is too long, try breaking it up and posting it as a serial, or just making it smaller. We might incorporate official links later, but I want to try to keep this self-contained.

--Multiple issues/serials/recurring characters or themes are encouraged! It would be appreciated if you planned out the whole thing beforehand, that way you don’t leave us hanging in suspense. But this thread is really a place for general creative mush. If you’re just really ridiculously good at writing introductions… then go for it! Although we might blackmail you till you finish the story for us.

--Because this is designed to be a place where we are interacting together, people might want to reuse your characters, designs, or plotlines. You are free to request otherwise. If someone does request that their creations not be used without their permission, then please do not. However, do keep in mind that this thread is for creative mush. Interactivity is part of it. So just expect interaction.

--Be friendly! Be kind and encouraging to your fellow community members. You are welcome to suggest changes, but do so in a helpful way! For example, “This piece is so awesome! I could see it becoming even stronger if you were to change such-and-such in a way that is like this: ----.” Or, “There are some grammatical errors in here, but if you’d like, I can offer different constructive changes so your message is clearer. I hope you’ll keep working on it because I think it’s worth the effort!”

--Creative mush is allowed. It’s okay to be bad. And it’s okay to get better. Those parts of your work that aren’t quite the same as everybody else’s – those are you! We like that :)

--We might impose a limit to how often we can post new things (which I’d hate to do!), but for now, please just post every few days/at your wisest discretion. In-between, you are welcome to keep editing, encourage others with their work, or start on even more pieces! I am a part of the community who will just post dumps of items all at once, and so I am making this rule out of compassion. It is okay to be prolific, but we’re going to try to give everyone a chance in the spotlight.

--If you do a long running serial, please include a title and a numeral of some kind (i.e., “The Great Void Pancake Recipe: 001 – Introduction). That way, we can keep up. I hope to improve the organization of this later.

--Rules for any contests or time-based events will be located below. If there’s not one yet… be on the lookout!

--Uses lots of smilies! :) :) :) Or just smiles lots in real life :) It helps!

--If you have suggestions about how to make things go more smoothly, please let me know!

--Myself and anybody else who is in charge might change these rules, and we probably will soon.

--If you are unclear about anything on here, please ask!

Did you read all this? Props to you! You get an imaginary cookie!
[/SIZE]
[/spoiler]

[SIZE=3]I think that's all I have for you! I hope you'll get to participate in this big community exploration of the Void

This is definitely in BETA, as I've never tried to organize something like this before, so I highly encourage feedback. I am listening. I am changing. I am trying to figure out a system.

And welcome to the Void! Enjoy your stay![/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I mentioned it up there, but I'm mentioning it down here, too! I could use some help! Firstly - obviously - anybody can help by looking good and showing up. Duh.

But secondly, I could use some creative folks to help me with plenty of design aspects. For example, a logo. This thread definitely needs an awesome logo, and that is just not my area of expertise. Or making this thread introduction look sick with fonts and sizes and bolds and italics! HTML. Code. Cool smilies. These are not my strength.

I could also use some help with organization! Also not my strength. If anyone is willing to help me set up a system for how to run this thread, I would appreciate it! And if you see a need I don't even realize I'm missing, please feel free to jump in and help out!

And lastly, this thread will be great because of you beautiful people! I am just not awesome enough to make an entire community thread out of my single person. It just doesn't work that way. So more than anything, I want to see your beautiful brain and all the things it creates!

You guys are great, can't wait to hear back from you, and see you soon!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
[table="width: 750"]
[tr]
[td]
[spoiler=finished projects]
[/spoiler]
[/td]
[td]
[spoiler=continuing projects]
[URL="http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?154639-Pen-and-Ink-Art-New-Idea-for-Collective-Creative-Cache-looking-for-feedback&p=2884517&viewfull=1#post2884517"][MY NAME IS TIMBRA: 001][/URL]
[/spoiler]
[/td]

[td]
[spoiler=???]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MPsAI52.gif[/IMG]
[/spoiler]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Also we need more than just one writer though d:

Last edited:
1. You're amazing.

2. This thing is amazing.

2.b. Gifs are amazing.

3. Yes, I should have clarified. We need all kinds of writers, and they need all kinds of editors. One thing we do need for sure is someone to help with writing things like the introduction/editing it. We also need plenty of writers who are helping to write short stories and serials. We need people to do all kinds of things. So, Purplpanda, please do any of these things! Start anywhere! *clapping animation*

New edit: I think the top column is doing something funny. It's woppy-jawed. Don't know why it feels like doing that, but it's... leaning. If you see anything you want to change now that it's finished, you can just PM me the updates. Like seriously, we can just leave you in charge and you can do crazy stuff and it'll look cool! Artistic license, yaaaay

I'm sorry for the spam posting. I know I have a problem.

Last edited:
Tell me if you need anything written for the project, and I will do it immediately. Just shoot me a PM or VM or see if I'm in the irc.

So would a villager cowering in the darkness be too much? ; 3;

No, that could totally be okay in the right context! I'll explain more since I know I was so vague.

Also, I can post an example that is pretty psychologically suspenseful, which I made previously. It might be a little more on the intense side, so it can be an example of something scary/intense that is still within the parameters.

Sadness and scariness are okay. Shock and horror are (usually) going to be pushing it. If that vocab makes sense. These can be balanced by something positive, or with reminders that everything's going to be okay, if you're worried it's pushing boundaries too much. Here's a pop culture example: in the Princess Bride, when the monsters are coming after the girl , the grandpa interrupts the story to remind the boy that everything is going to be alright. It takes a potentially scary moment, and makes it not so scary anymore. You don't have to do that, but that's one example of how the creators took something scary and made it just another moment in a fun story.

Did that make sense? Basically, not letting the negative emotions be the core focus, but as a tool for something else. Even if that's entertainment. Just keeping it in balance.

This is a draft I did of an introduction to a series like ones we might want to do. It can serve as an example till we get some actual series going! The tone is dark (" "), but the content could be considered painful, though not in and of itself dark, and ends with a promise that things are going to get better.

You guys are welcome to tell me your thoughts about where the bar should be set. I will still decide, but I intentionally issued vague but stern guidelines so that we could figure out later what we think is appropriate and what is not. Generally, we want to avoid content that involves issues that hurt or divide people, while still being able to explore the thematic issues that will come up with a premise of The Void. I gave examples like Disney, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon because they while they might do darker issues (Elsa's loneliness, villagers leaving, N's moral dilemmas), they don't feel dark or heavy on your soul.

Anyways!

Here is this example:

Timbra 1 Smaller.jpg
[MY NAME IS TIMBRA]
001 -- Introduction Chapter

I didn’t mean to leave.

The Darkness came to my door, and it told me to start packing. You’ve probably never heard of the Darkness. Why would you? No one has till it comes. When it looms over your future. Sinks into your heart. Beckons you to come.

You’re probably wondering why I obeyed The Darkness. I tried to argue. But it has no ears to hear. It wouldn’t listen. It just kept commanding I start packing. I ran out of arguments against deaf ears.

So I started packing.

I knew that someone would come for me. I knew exactly who would come for me. They would hold my hand, look me in the eyes, and tell me never to leave. And not even the Darkness could argue with that.

So I kept packing. I might have been afraid, but I knew the Darkness would never have me.

And the days slipped by.

Those days were strange. Nothing is so terrifying as knowing your world is falling apart, but I was filled with oppositional hope. I was certain, but everything stood on shaky ground. I would not be had, my friend was coming for me, and I would march out of my house triumphant. My day would come, and The Darkness would not be in it.

I did not know then that something was wrong. My friend had gotten lost, mixed up in time and dates, and had disappeared with a blink. He would return, but not in time for my day. My day would come, and I would be alone.

Timbra 3.jpg

And still I waited.

As the hours crept by from morning to dusk, I became more and more aware that I would not be rescued. That I was alone in this, and I was not going to be enough.

The Darkness was coming.

It was already here! It had packed away everything I owned, by my own hands, and I could feel it worming into my life and soul, ready to begin its takeover.

I cannot remember which hour fear shattered my delusion, but I do remember it was dark outside my window. It was then I realized that I was going to disappear. I couldn’t be sure what was going to happen when the sun came up. I’d never disappeared before, or been claimed by The Darkness, or been deleted. I wondered if someone would come and snatch me away, or if a great black wave would drown me out, or if I would just… disappear.

As my fear fed me a thousand thoughts, and I worried and wondered, with no answers and not even sure of the questions, I became aware of one thing. I decided on this one truth:

The Darkness would not have me.

I might disappear, or be carried away by a black hawk, or arrive on a train that never went anywhere.

But never could The Darkness have me. I would stand in the midst of any destruction it threw at me, and swear to it that I would always, always, be me, from my little home next to the orchard, and I would never forget that.

It was such a feeble thought. But when you look up at your house and realize that the shadows are darker than usual, it might seem a better comfort than you ever realized. There was nothing else I could do but tell the Darkness it could not win.

If someone heard my thoughts in that little, dark house, they never said it. I felt so alone.

Timbra 2 Smaller.jpg

And the hours crept by. You never realize how long the night is, till you stay awake and watch the minutes creep. But it’s hours and hours of just darkness and waiting for the sun to come up. Two oppositional thoughts.

And at last dawn came.

The terror that filled my soul when I realized I could see light in the sky, and I knew my hour was nearly upon me. My day was nearly done.

And my day would not be victorious.

I wish I could tell you some poignant truth I realized in those moments, or that I stood upright and watched the enemy come and bravely faced it, or that I just went out kicking and screaming in rebellious glory.

But instead, I closed my eyes and hid among my boxes and cried.

I could hear the minutes creeping by.

5:52.

5:53.

5:54.

It was a mockery of how helpless I was. I could do nothing. I could do nothing but wait as my life burned.

5:55.

The worst imaginable catastrophe was upon me. All the fear and terror that had been my watchguardians throughout my life were now ringing with panic. They were so loud I was deaf. Second after second burned away in mockery of the little sheep with her eyes closed.

5:56.

I held my clock tighter and shoved my eyes closed even more.

5:57.

The Darkness would not have me. No matter what happened, I was me, and I was from my little house next to the orchard, and I was the sheep crying with her eyes closed. It would not take that from me.

5:58.

Wasn’t there supposed to be a moment, when you’re freezing to death, when suddenly you feel warm and glad again?

5:59.

I waited.

But I did not hear 6:00.

And so ended my great day. The day I told the Darkness it would not win, even as it stole everything from me. This was the quietest catastrophe I’ve ever known, and those hours are agony I cannot ever wash from my memory.

But this day is only an introduction.

That was the day I entered The Void.

This is the story of how I escaped.

Last edited:
...!! this is amazing!! I love the concept a LOT. Maybe I'll submit something...

...!! this is amazing!! I love the concept a LOT. Maybe I'll submit something...

Please do!!!

Also, I put in a banner earlier. It's temporary, but the basic concept is there. If anyone would like to redo it, or has a better idea for a design, and or a different title for this lovely project, then I am all ears.

And if anyone would like to create art or writing or spaghetti noodle sculpture, then you are welcome to just post it in here! And if you want ideas for concept, I'll bet you can ask and any number of these lovely creative people can come up with ideas! I hope to add activities (like group projects, contests, themes, etc.). Until those are organized to help with creative juices, I'd mostly just love to hear from you!

Thanks for a great first day of The Void :)

Back