The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesssss! [insert clap emoji here] Going on that, every time someone asks me if I like Friends or if they make a Friends reference and I have a blank stare on my face, I'm always met with the reply, "OMG HOW CAN YOU NOT WATCH FRIENDS ITSSOGOOD". And them I'm face with the awkward reasoning of why I don't watch it or like it. "Beeecause it's a super conventional stereotypical sitcom about cis straight white people probs and I don't relate to it?" o_O

yeah like all girl/boys are exactly like that and it's awesome? no.

yeah i admit imma white girl myself but i don't see the great in Friends or those 90s/00s series. I mean same reason Seinfeld sucks so hard is that white male humor "lol lets see who cannot fap for the longest time" like okay who cares.

Rawss x RaNoChill <3 hurrrr

Last edited:
Series like The Big Bang Theory or other series portraying people with asperger/autism etc. can go suck even harder. Like no that is not how 100% of the diagnosed population act or behave and not everyone is a tech/physics nerd with no love life etc.

1. asd's are not superpowers of any kind and a lot of the time it's more annoying when people don't even bother to understand you even after you tell them how you work and it's more in the way if anything.
2. we are not tech physics nerds, all of us. some might be but it's hardly representative
3. we are not empty of empathy, we just show it differently and unless something or someone is actually close to us emotionally regardless of relation we might not show it at all.
4. i admit we might have special interests and maybe like animals more than humans but yeah i'm honestly tired how we are portrayed. no we don't act awkward and start talking about fishes in front of everyone just cause or shout obscenities

Series like The Big Bang Theory or other series portraying people with asperger/autism etc. can go suck even harder. Like no that is not how 100% of the diagnosed population act or behave and not everyone is a tech/physics nerd with no love life etc.

1. asd's are not superpowers of any kind and a lot of the time it's more annoying when people don't even bother to understand you even after you tell them how you work and it's more in the way if anything.
2. we are not tech physics nerds, all of us. some might be but it's hardly representative
3. we are not empty of empathy, we just show it differently and unless something or someone is actually close to us emotionally regardless of relation we might not show it at all.
4. i admit we might have special interests and maybe like animals more than humans but yeah i'm honestly tired how we are portrayed. no we don't act awkward and start talking about fishes in front of everyone just cause or shout obscenities

The placement of the laugh tracks at the frequent mention of science or nerdy things, reinforces that the existence of those is the punchline, taking shots at the viewer who likes that sort of thing.

Last edited:
The placement of the frequent mention of science or nerdy reinforces that the existence of those is the punchline taking shots at the viewer who likes that sort of thing.

Not entirely sure what you mean but I think those series are very single-handed when it comes to its existence and portrayal. I don't appreciate it one bit and there are better example of nerdy series.

Not entirely sure what you mean but I think those series are very single-handed when it comes to its existence and portrayal. I don't appreciate it one bit and there are better example of nerdy series.

Left out some words at this hour, edited, goodnight. Also I miss the physical rewards Club Nintendo used to have. I remember many complaining about what was being offered. Of course if you compare their messenger bag to one you'd pay for, big difference.

Left out some words at this hour, edited, goodnight. Also I miss the physical rewards Club Nintendo used to have. I remember many complaining about what was being offered. Of course if you compare their messenger bag to one you'd pay for, big difference.

Yeah I agree laugh tracks are very annoying and not fun at all.

And yeah what I hated about CN was that they didn't had it everywhere so many people missed out still we got codes :lemon:

I think it's wrong to pierce a baby girl's ears. Its body modification without their consent just to put a gender badge on an innocent infant.

It's gross and causes unnecessary pain. Let a baby just be a baby without exposing them to the superficial expectations of whats considered feminine, attractive, or cute so early in life. Any parent who is willing to cause pain to their baby with possible risk of infection/scar formation in order make their infant's gender more identifiable is just gross.

and FYI I got my ears peirced when i was two months old where my mom told me i was bawling my eyes out and she was crying with me. why go through that lol. just so i can look more like a "feminine" baby? its just dumb and i tell my mom that lol. im 26 and i dont even wear earrings anymore, but i do have annoying hole scars on my earlobes that never closed.

As a classical music student, same.

Oh? I'm interested in hearing (er... reading) your opinion on the matter! Most classical music people are just huge on composers like Mahler, R. Schumann, Brahms, Mendelssohn, etc. and I'm just kind of like "Eh...". There's greatness in romanticism as there is everywhere else (I tend to like Tchaikovsky and Dvorak), but most of it just does nothing for me. I've seen someone describe it as "too bombastic" and they actually really put into words what I could never before.

Also, what kind of classical music student are you? I'm interested because I'm going for Musicology.

I still have that PM (thanks super gold mailbox). And I see why it?s such a big deal. I know you hate the gameplay and the region, I?m just wondering if the new species and their stats were a problem.

Now if you did have to pick what generation was the best or worst solely based on the species (which includes stats, movepool, abilities, and designs), what would be the best, and what would be the worst? That?s where I think the 7th Generation is the winner and the 3rd Generation is in last place.

I am a casual gamer. I don't care about stats, abilities, and that stuff besides what is so blatant that it effects playing through the main story of the game.

As I'm pretty sure I said in that PM, I'm not sure what was going on in Sun. The rival was always super easy to beat with laughable AI, but then you get to some other (important) trainers and they are super hard. Those battles made my Pokemon feel weaker than ever before in the series. Like Surf was a super powerful move in the past Pokemon games, but in Gen VII for some reason it was less effective not one-shotting Pokemon so commonly like it did in previous games. Sun felt so inconsistent to me in difficulty. That made it frustrating.

As for designs, I'm not even saying that Generation VII is the worst in that department. I think it has some really bad designs like Incineroar, but every single generation has bad designs, so I have a hard time ranking them. Although I think in the end my favorite generations Pokemon design-wise are Gen V and II. Funny as I don't even base Pokemon designs on whether I like a generation or not, but those two generations are typically what I call my most favorite.

As for stuff like Wii u ports, NES homage etc, I believe the NES games, Wii U games, or any other games like that, they were only good for their platforms, not the Switch. If the parent system is done, those games are done. Even if the parent system was a failure.

Well, I'm not that strict in my thinking. In all honesty, having a bunch of the games I love on the Switch is an advantage, because it plays games so well in handheld mode, making it highly desirable to play/replay games when I wouldn't have done it otherwise. This is why I think the Switch not having Virtual Console is a terrible thing.

What I have a problem with is when a system is leaning on ports, which the Switch has done a lot of. It's biggest game out the door was a game designed for the Wii U, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. And big Switch fans oftentimes have a long list of these ports that they're playing all of the time and when they see someone like me who is thinking that the Switch doesn't really have much to offer for its own they think I hate Nintendo and "What games DO you even like?". Most of the games that are propping up the Switch I've already played and loved on the Wii U and PS4.

Now the Switch has Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The other Nintendo Switch exclusives have been either outside of my interest (Splatoon 2), not too exciting (Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby), or...bad (Pokemon LGP/E).

2019 promises Animal Crossing and a real Pokemon release. We shall see.

I don’t like the feel of soft things like blankets when my nails are clipped. Though I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion or just me.

I think the Nintendo princesses and Disney non-princesses (i.e. Alice) are better than the Disney princesses.

I am a casual gamer. I don't care about stats, abilities, and that stuff besides what is so blatant that it effects playing through the main story of the game.

I'm not sure what was going on in Sun. The rival was always super easy to beat with laughable AI, but then you get to some other (important) trainers and they are super hard. Those battles made my Pokemon feel weaker than ever before in the series. Like Surf was a super powerful move in the past Pokemon games, but in Gen VII for some reason it was less effective not one-shotting Pokemon so commonly like it did in previous games. Sun felt so inconsistent to me in difficulty. That made it frustrating.

Yeah I dislike Gen 7 so much but since it's the one where all events happen and most people own it you are basically forced if you're a collector to me. And yeah I hate that steep difficulty curve with everything except your rival sigh. Since when are your Pok?mon that weak..? And not to add with all the extra content in USUM that is just annoying trainers and **** rng with the wormholes with certain things.

Also honestly does the shiny charm help that much, for me I don't think so. Aside from said wormholes preset shinies and the red gyarados/b2w2 gifts I haven't found a wild shiny since Platinum. The rates are dumb and honestly that kind of odds/percent rng should be used. Like if it actually was that you had to hatch like 1-2k eggs, sure that I can do but if it's 1/4000 every time you hatch no thanks.

i cannot stand the instagram brows make up trend. it needs to die immediately. contouring and highlighting can disappear too. unfortunately they all seem to be here to stay. thanks, kardashians.

i don't care for dogs at all.

? I don't like Lottie. Not the biggest fan of Isabelle either /: Too much hype, made me lose my interest
? People who feel the need to always bring negativity into things. Especially online (instagram, tumblr).
? My fetish. ijfhjfithhbfgoinjhoi
? Biker shorts aren't my cup of tea (I think thats what it's called)
? I miss the trends from early 2000, and would 100% wear almost everything if it came back into fashion :blush:
? Teenagers who cuss all. the. time..
? Internet cliques scare me more than irl cliques, in my opinion they act better than others because they have people to back them up. + it's anonymous.
? I still use LOL and xD
? Loud music is a no from me
? I love makeup, but never use mascara. I think it looks better without.

? Internet cliques scare me more than irl cliques, in my opinion they act better than others because they have people to back them up. + it's anonymous.

I wouldn't say scare but they are hella annoying especially when they act so nice to other and then pretend nothing's happened etc. :i

But yeah I agree.

Also yes make-up and food videos need to die.

Hehe, I mean the too-scared-to-say-anything-in-case-I-get-roasted-in-their-chat type of scared :rolleyes:

Hehe, I mean the too-scared-to-say-anything-in-case-I-get-roasted-in-their-chat type of scared :rolleyes:

Oh yeah that. Also I love when they aren't anon yet they never get banned lmao :lemon:

Anyway, I don't like Android-operated phones... they are most of the time ugly and I don't give a hoot about customization really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back