• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Ultimate Favorite Pokemon Picker!

FaeLeaf

Happy Autumn!
Bells
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Spring Shamrock
Green Feather
I randomly found this and thought it would be fun for us all to fill them out. It goes through your favorite Pokemon from each type and each generation, plus some other categories! You can even make them shiny if you want! It has all the Pokemon now too.

Do yours here: https://cajunavenger.github.io/

Here's mine! As you can tell, I'm a big Grass-Type fan.

download.png

Last edited:
Well, as you can see I'm a very fan of ghost type pokemon, especifically decidueye, my favorite pokemon all time!
note that i didnt played the switch games, so my opinion of gen 8 is from anime, and gen 9 just of a few videos

I love the fact that you put rowlet in so many options, i love my little round owl

my team is from ultra sun, the pokemon game i most played and still play until now

download (5).png

decidueye, my favorite pokemon all time!
I would like Dartrix and Decidueye more if I didn't love Rowlet so much. It's the same problem with Shaymin's Sky Forme. I think I'd really like it, but I just love Land Forme so much that I don't even think much about the Sky Forme.

It also looks like we're both fans of Ivysaur. 💚

This was surprisingly difficult for me. There were several sections where I either had to choose between Pokemon I never thought hard enough about or I had to choose between multiple favorites. Some of the gen 9 spaces are blank because I barely know those Pokemon at the moment.
download (1).png

Oooh fun! Though also hit the, 'some categories I could pick 5 Pokemon, and others they were all equally average/not to my taste' issue so I kinda picked randomly for those. The boxes I left empty I didn't like any of the choices at all to bother highlighting anyone. 😅 Why can't Oshawott be dual type just so I could have thrown it in a few more boxes sob Oshawott being my entire party fixes that, but also because I'd be here for like 10 days trying to decide what the other five would be....

Pokechart.png

Toedscool is on this list PURELY because it had the most memorable reaction out of me when I first saw it in game (tl:dr oh tentacool, huh, why is it pink that's not the shiny.....wait I'm on land without any water ne--WHY IS IT RUNNING??!!)

The Spinda and Alcremie ones were very mean too. I actually have My Pokemon Ranch entirely filled with Spinda because I used to collect them, so just let RNG decide. For Alcremie, I couldn't choose lol, I love so many different patterns (conveniently didn't have to choose in my Sword playthrough because the cake version was locked to default >>).

My favorites! It was surprisingly difficult to pick for many of these categories, but others were no-brainers. I tried to avoid doubling up on the same Pokemon in a generation, but sometimes there just wasn't another good pick for a type so I just chose it again. There are a lot of blanks for later generations because I either didn't play them enough to really discover favorites for a particular typing, or in the case of 7 and 8 didn't play them at all. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I set Espeon as shiny here because I actually really like its shiny sprite. It was also the first shiny I ever saw in any game (a trainer in the Fire Red Trainer Tower has a shiny Espeon), which is a major reason as to why I like it as much as I do. As for gen 7, I have no idea what that giant block thing is, but as soon as I saw it I just had to set it as a favorite. I don't know if it's actually any good or not, but I like it either way!

And yes, I do like Simisage. And yes, it is my favorite from gen 5. I know the elemental monkeys get a ton of hate, but I personally really like them. Pansage/Simisage was the first one I had in my first ever playthrough of Black and ended up becoming a cornerstone to my teams in that game even if there were statistically better Pokemon to choose from.

And then you have my team. It really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone at this point. Buizel is just plain awesome!

favorites.png

----

Edit: After taking a bit more time with this picker, I was able to refine my list a little more and came up with a more accurate version of my favorites:

more accurate favorites.png

Last edited:
3OgJMwr.png

this was hard.. I'm still not 100% sure about my picks. I'm not very familiar with the last few generations either, but I do know I like Alolan Raichu!

I think I'd probably replace Chandelure with Arcanine on my team despite it not being my favorite 1st gen Fire Pokémon. And I'd maybe replace Goodra with Gengar or Froslass!

edit: made an all shiny list... it came out so different!

VjMg4Z7.png
last one, I swear!
just baby pokemon/no-evolution pokemon

eM1w3rc.png

Last edited:
Oh, this took forever but it was a lot of fun! 😍

Some of the decisions were hard, when there were two favourites in the same category, so not everyone ended up on the board. I also left some blank spaces if I didn't feel particularly strongly about any of the Pokémon in that category. I love the team I ended up with! For what it's worth, I would also love to add Sandslash and Kommo-o to my final team. 🥺💖 And also Pidgeot.

It's also fun to see everyone's favourites!

download.png

• Love
Reactions: Mee
Here is mine! I had 3 of my favorites decided beforehand (Lucario, Machoke, and Incineroar), so they were the obvious winners of their gens.
download.png

favorite_Pokemon.png

disclaimer: I know next to nothing about gens 8 and 9. any choices there are purely based on aesthetics.
idk if all of these things are favorites, as you can see a lot of this is blank because I don't have favorites from every gen for every type. like I think I could change/remove some gen 1 stuff in particular, but ehhhhhhh. ALSO I know many signs point to my adoration for fighting Pokemon, but the fighting type is truly only my third favorite. second? idk it's hard to choose between dark and steel. I did choose steel here, but... yeah.
some things here are probably contradictory in some way but whatever :V
also I realize that team would be a terrible real team, it's just 6 favorites crammed together lol

My team is just a joke. I really couldn't decide so I made them all Arceus. Steel is my favourite type followed by Ghost. Aegislash is my overall fav because of its shiny. However if it didn't have a good shiny it would be Gengar. I had a problem with the site putting forms such as Megas in earlier gens. Gen 6 was Mega era so it was hard not picking any of them. Ultra Necrozma is one of my all time favourite forms of a legend but I hate base Necrozma. Kyogre is easily my favourite legend. A lot of Gen 9 were just design picks. Dark is blank in Gen 1 because the choices were all glitches or the Pkmn Tower Ghost. If they put A-Raticate or A-Muk it would've been fine with me.
download (1).png

Last edited:
Back