• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The TARANTULA

They are EASY to catch for those who are struggling. When it gets up on its back legs, hold still. Once it backs down, slowly creep towards it (it should be staring at you this whole time). Move in small increments, stopping every time it stands up. Once you are close enough, wack it with the net and it's yours!

Every time I see one it immediately comes running at me, they're usually hidden behind something and I don't see them til I get too close. ;_; I guess I just gotta keep trying til I can sneak up on one. Thanks for the tips guys!

I saw it and screamed (silently bc it was 2am). I thought those things were only suppose to come out in the summer! Needless to say I was bitten...twice........

They are EASY to catch for those who are struggling. When it gets up on its back legs, hold still. Once it backs down, slowly creep towards it (it should be staring at you this whole time). Move in small increments, stopping every time it stands up. Once you are close enough, wack it with the net and it's yours!

This really helped, although I think I crept too slow and it got away (faded into a tree lol). The next two I saw caught me by surprise when I didn’t have a net on hand :’D

Back