The sims 4: A huge dissapointment

They did get two things right, the multitasking and graphics are wondrous.. maybe I just love the Sims 2 too much that I can't deal with change lol. Sims 4 is probably one of those games you have to get used to.

I have little experience with Sims 1 and Sims 2 but I think that the earlier Sims have a certain charm to them that you cant carry on to the next games. Maybe its the nostalgia you get from playing them, idk. After playing Sims 4 you see a lot of glitchy stuff in Sims 3 while the gameplay in Sims 4 is much smoother. Haha. I can't describe properly for the life of meee.

Comparing it to the Sims 3 BASE GAME, there's not much different. What they did change in the gameplay was things that made the sims 3 buggy. For example, Create-a-Style made the game load really slowly and for most people with low-end computers everything in open world would be gray and blocky for a few minutes. I feel like that was necessary. Also, open world was great in the Sims 3, but very buggy and slow for people with average computers. The loading screens don't bother me much because they're faster than the Sims 3 and Sims 2 loading screens
Personally, I also did not like toddlers because they were annoying, and pools are back so there's no need to complain about that anymore. No cars is really not a big thing either because they don't need to travel for long distances anymore anyways.

The Sims 4 also did have a few very important things added, like the emotion system. I feel like that adds character and value to the sims in the family. It makes them all different. The game directors did state that they were focusing on the SIMS PERSONALITIES this time around. They also added a very cool variation of Create-a-Sim mode. It is very fluid and quite easy to use once you get a hang of it. Not to mention Build mode is really great, and I use build mode quite a lot. (Also multi-tasking is amazing. c: )

The only thing I can say I don't like, is the lack of space in the world, but it's adaptable.

Last edited:
Never gonna buy it.
Sims 2 will be with me until I can no longer install it.

Windows 8 doesn't let you so that would be now.

I got sims 4 for half price digital download. I like how they made that aging even when you don't play optional. So now it's like a graphically better sims 2.

I haven't played very much though. I need a mouse because laptop is painful for hands

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I left my sim for one day and came back to find her in her undies on the sidewalk. I was so confused

Would you guys recommend it?

I have played the first and third, not the second. Loved the first one but the third one doesn't seem to run well on my computer for some reason. I don't like the wishes bit at all. I mainly haven't bought it yet due to it not having the Pets DLC, the price, and not being available on Steam.

I don't think it's bad. There are a few aspects of it that I don't like but I won't name them, and it's actually pretty good compared to Sims 1 and 3. But 2 will always be my favorite.

wow would you rather ea not make games ever again?

...Yes...

But no, what I would really like them to stop doing (well...for the Sims...There's a lot I would like them to stop doing as a whole) is fleecing customers and holding back expansion packs with every game.

Do we really need a Pets expansion with every game? A seasons with every game? Shouldn't this stuff have been added to the base game after the first one? After the Sims 2 at the very least.

I can already list the expansions that are going to come out for the Sims 4 and I shouldn't be able to do that. It should be somewhat of a surprise to me rather than buying the upgraded version of the expansion for the upgraded version of the base game...

If any other game did this there would be hissy fits across the globe...How and why does the Sims manage to get away with it!?

I despise that they do this.

Windows 8 doesn't let you so that would be now.

I got sims 4 for half price digital download. I like how they made that aging even when you don't play optional. So now it's like a graphically better sims 2.

I haven't played very much though. I need a mouse because laptop is painful for hands

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I left my sim for one day and came back to find her in her undies on the sidewalk. I was so confused

The Sims 2 runs like a dream on my laptop

Although it could be because I have the Ultimate Collection

Anyways, I almost bought the Sims 4 but I'm still just not a fan. I'm still loving The Sims 3. It runs without issues on my laptop too,

I was going to get it for my birthday this year after it first came out, but decided against it after I saw it had an extremely low rating on Amazon. It sounded really cool before it was released. Unless expansions come out that make it closer to older versions and allow for a little for customization, I'll just stick with Sims 3 until EA can do better.

i got bored with it pretty quickly
CAS is fantastic, multitasking is easier, but something about it is just less fun
i can't think of anything bad about it in particular though, at least not in my opinion
except how they're saving half the content to release more EPs but they do that every time so it's not a new thing

Back