• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Signature Guide

I have a question. When I upload my image from my computer, it says file format not supported, when its gif. then when I use the url insert method, it comes up with question mark?

I have a question. When I upload my image from my computer, it says file format not supported, when its gif. then when I use the url insert method, it comes up with question mark?
For gifs, I've only known Image Linking to work. For Example:

HTML:
[IMG]https://s33.postimg.cc/44u2p611r/siggyfinal.gif[/IMG]

It has to end in .gif also. I've tried with .gif4 and .gifv, those will not work.

I hope this helps;;;

Last edited:
Uh oh I exceeded my sig space. I thought mine wasn't that bigger than the others :(

Edit: This crazy I'm trying to resize image on PS but it's just 497x240(h), it goes bigger when uploaded? Confusion

Last edited:
Sig.jpg

See what I'm talking about. It's pissing me off trying to figure this out. Idk what's wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay so I made this siggy myself with web apps and other lazy means, and according to Properties it's exactly 250x715... but to me it still looks like it's too big. Am I just tripping or am I actually violating a rule here?
https://s33.postimg.cc/44u2p611r/siggyfinal.gif

No it's not just you, it's happening to me too. It's tripping me out.

How do you put text to the right of a centered image?

How do you put text to the right of a centered image?

You make a table to do that. Here's the code:

HTML:
[table="width: 715, align: center]
[tr]
[td]Left text here[/td]	
[td]Right text here[/td]
[/tr][/table]

You can change the table width and alignment at the beginning of the code.
When used it looks like this:

See what I'm talking about. It's pissing me off trying to figure this out. Idk what's wrong.[/QUOTE]
I saved your sig pic and it says it's 230 pixels tall so idk what's happening here. If you got a warning for your sig height being too tall then it's very likely because of the text below it. Consider making a table like I mentioned in my previous post.

Also be sure you're uploading from a website like imgur and not directly uploading from your computer. If that doesn't fix it, go to a website that checks image sizes and paste the URL you're using and check it there. You might need to have to resized.

Last edited:
I saved your sig pic and it says it's 230 pixels tall so idk what's happening here. If you got a warning for your sig height being too tall then it's very likely because of the text below it. Consider making a table like I mentioned in my previous post.

Also be sure you're uploading from a website like imgur and not directly uploading from your computer. If that doesn't fix it, go to a website that checks image sizes and paste the URL you're using and check it there. You might need to have to resized.

That's because I already resized it to 230 pixels, even though that caused the gif to be pixelated (it needs to be updated anyway). It used to be 240, but it's true that the text below was making my sig bigger. Still, when it was 240 pixels it's uploading so much bigger than the actual size that even if I remove the text below it still exceeds the signature limit. Also yes, I have tried uploading from imgur.

I'm looking for the signature checker that was posted a while ago but I can't seem to find it? I changed my signature but I still think it might just be on the verge of being too big

I just got a warning for my signature exceeding 250 pixels in height. I suppose it had something to do with the small text in it. My question is, how do I put the text to the right of my signature after I've uncentered my image? For example, look at Fleshy's signature.

I just got a warning for my signature exceeding 250 pixels in height. I suppose it had something to do with the small text in it. My question is, how do I put the text to the right of my signature after I've uncentered my image? For example, look at Fleshy's signature.

you would use a table! the button to do so is right under the bold button when you're editing your signature.

table.png

you want 1 row and 2 columns. the image would come after the first [td] and the text would come after the second [td], like this!

table2.jpg

(hopefully that's what you were looking for :eek: i believe you can also center the entire table!)

Last edited:
you would use a table! the button to do so is right under the bold button when you're editing your signature.

View attachment 220487

you want 1 row and 2 columns. the image would come after the first [td] and the text would come after the second [td], like this!

View attachment 220488

(hopefully that's what you were looking for :eek: i believe you can also center the entire table!)

Thanks for the help! I used the signature checker tool and upon closer examination, the image itself is the culprit. :( Unfortunately, I had to take it out but I heard that spoiler tabs are good for covering up large images. My next question is, how do I make a spoiler tab? And if you were to drop it down, would it count towards the signature height?

Thanks for the help! I used the signature checker tool and upon closer examination, the image itself is the culprit. :( Unfortunately, I had to take it out but I heard that spoiler tabs are good for covering up large images. My next question is, how do I make a spoiler tab? And if you were to drop it down, would it count towards the signature height?

no prob!! sorry to hear about the image :( to make a spoiler you surround the images/text you want inside with [ spoiler=spoiler title ] [ /spoiler] (without the spaces)
and it comes out like this!
as far as i know spoilers do not count towards signature height :D

Last edited:
OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP (I'm really glad you helped me out here!)! I used the tool again and it's 106 pixels in height! Again, thank you for your help and man, trying to make a sig is more harder than I thought with all of these codes and stuff. XD

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP (I'm really glad you helped me out here!)! I used the tool again and it's 106 pixels in height! Again, thank you for your help and man, trying to make a sig is more harder than I thought with all of these codes and stuff. XD

of course, i'm glad i could help! :) ur sig looks awesome now!!! and i don't blame you, the code stuff can be really confusing at first :p

Back