The Piercing Thread

deleted

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
After watching Roly (a piercing enthusiast YouTuber) for a few months I have become very interested in all the different kinds of piercings. If you have any, answer some questions and share your experiences!

1) How many do you have?

2) If you have more than one, which one was the most painful?

3) Which one is your favorite? If you only have one, describe your favorite jewelry for it.

4) What else would you like to share? Funny/horror stories, piercings you might get in the future, etc.

I‘ll start.

1) I just have one in each earlobe right now.

2) The earlobe piercings didn’t hurt much at all. Both were just little pinches. The soreness of the day after hurt more. I was almost 13 when I got them done, so I don’t remember much of the pain now.

3) Since I only have one piercing, I’ll share my favorite jewelry. I have lots of earrings, but I have this one pair of fake circular gems with black wrapped around the sides. They’re cheaply made, but I love the unique design. I also love this one pair of dangling snowflakes that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas a while ago.

4) I might get a septum and/or industrial piercing when I go to college. Septum piercings are so cute on everyone!!

I have been pierced over twenty times. I have recently removed a number of them for various reasons but my current standing is: x4 lobe piercings each ear (first hole stretched to 00g); daith; conch; tragus; industrial; septum; nostril; philtrum; nipples; and navel.

I've had my next piercings planned for some time now, but I am waiting on a surgery that was postponed due to COVID so will probably wait until after that rather than run the risk of having to remove them before they are properly healed.

I only have a few.

Ears - 2 on the right, 3 on the left. I haven't used the upper holes in years, but I keep them clear, just in case I want to put some cute studs in.

Navel. I tend to forget about it and usually have the starter barbell in. I have a few cute ones, so I should switch it up. I only really remember it when I have to take it out for something like going in for day surgery.

I've always liked the look of a nostril piercing, but I'm not sure if it would look good on me. Plus, my job would frown on that. Same for an eyebrow piercing - the job part. I think I could pull that off, but I'm only 10 years or so to retirement (I'll get out fairly young), so that's on the list to have done then.

i have both of my ear lobes & my conch on the right ear done right now. i used to have a couple more but i either got tired of them or had to remove them for one reason or another (ie my nostril had to be taken out because it kept getting irritated and i didn't have the patience to deal with it anymore).

i'm going to get my septum pierced one of these days in the future once covid isn't a pressing issue anymore.

Used to have them on my ears (standard earlobe piercings) but I had to close them because I got an allergic reaction. I also got them done at the piercing pagoda in the middle of the mall so that's probably another reason why my piercings failed.

I want to get 2-3 lobe piercings on my right ear. There's a pretty reputable piercer in my town and now that I make money... I think I'll go get some once the Covid madness is over.

got my lobes done at 8 at claires, pierced my own upper lobes at 14, let them close and did it again + cartilage at 16, got tongue pierced at 16, took that out about a year later (kinda miss it might get it done again), also had my septum done almost a year ago? but i only wore it for a few months and i got a nasty cold so i took it out

so basically i have 6 piercings, only on my ears now though. most painful was doing my own ear cartilage. dont do that. none of my piercings have been super painful but if i got my tongue done again im guessing that will hurt bc of scar tissue

my story is kinda boring but I'll share it anyways cause I love earrings :D

1) How many do you have?
Just one, in each of my earlobes. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a second piercing so I can wear two sets at once but tbh it's not really a priority for me at all so I haven't done it.

I actually had my ears pierced initially when I was only a few weeks old, according to my parents. So I don't even remember it.

3) Which one is your favorite? If you only have one, describe your favorite jewelry for it.
Obv I'm perfectly content with just one piercing in my ears. I usually wear studs but some days (like today) I wear medium/large hoops. makes me look a little more dressy. my favorite earrings, however, are a pair of large, pink, dangling peace signs that actually glow in the dark. got them from a friends years ago and they've been my favorite ever since.

4) What else would you like to share? Funny/horror stories, piercings you might get in the future, etc.
like I said I've considered getting a second piercing in my ears, but idk I'll need to look at some pics online for inspiration and see if that's actually something I might do. for now it's kinda out of the question since I really hate needles and I don't like the idea of getting another piercing right now since I'm afraid of it failing, which would be a waste of pain (my mom has had quite a few piercings in the last decade, including a nose ring, and they always seem to get infected for her).

I spent a small amount of time in my youth apprenticing in piercing for a guy who was an open satanist/occultist. I don't plan on getting any other piercings, no, I'm too old for that kind of thing anyhow in my opinion lol.

I have a couple of stories I'll come back and post if I have time and put them under a cut, but if anyone has a question, throw me a private message, I don't mind.

Ok, now I really want to hear those stories.

1) How many do you have? Currently 6. Philtrum, septum, vertical labret, 1 inch earlobes, and daith. Would eventually like to get more on my ears. Retired ones are: lips, smiley, and tongue. If your curious on what my setup actually looks like I actually posted on the "what do you look like" thread pretty recently.

2) If you have more than one, which one was the most painful? I would say tongue was the worst in terms of healing. Really painful, and it sucked eating food.

3) Which one is your favorite? If you only have one, describe your favorite jewelry for it. I love my setup as a whole, so no particular favorite just everything together. Favorite jewelry is my ears. Just spent a really pretty penny on these babies right here, this is actually a photo of the exact pair I have too! So much money... but soooo worth it ;-;
oracle-brass-stone-white-saddles-charoite-36016.jpg

4) What else would you like to share? Funny/horror stories, piercings you might get in the future, etc. Don't pierce yourself kids! I mean you could, but I wouldn't suggest it lol. I know I've done it my fair share of times, but finding a really PROFESSIONAL professional in your area is so worth it.

I currently have 4 two in each lobe, but I’m planning a daith and a triple forward helix soon. Not sure I’d want any others yet. Might get a conch and a helix in the other ear. I might do something cool with the daith, but the rest will have pretty simple delicate looking studs. I’m not hardcore enough for stretches or industrials lol.

1) I have 3 in each earlobe

2) None of the were really painful

3) Which one is your favorite? I like all of them lol

4) What else would you like to share? I did get the top of my left ear pierced twice (not at the same time). But each time it got infected and bled so i didn't get it done again. Shame, as i really liked it.

I have no piercings because I learned the hard way that I was allergic to them

My parents have tried every type of earrings (titanium, steel, gold, silver, honestly anything) that exists for me but everytime I always had a reaction to them. We never gave up until after the 5th time I got my earlobes pierced and my ear basically swelled up so bad it swallowed the piercing (and basically pushed it out the back). I have a scar on it now so they can't pierce through it anymore lol

I do feel jealous of people that can wear piercings tho they look so pretty :(
Clip-on ones hurt after like 30 mins for me

i have six piercings, all in my ears. i used to have my lip and nostril done too, but i took them out for various reasons. i'd probably get my nostril redone, i just haven't decided yet.

i have two holes in each lobe, industrial, tragus, and double helix. industrial was the most painful by far, partially due to the fact that the piercier put it through kind of a weird spot where the cartilidge is extra thick. that being said, it's my absolute favorite and i don't regret it in the slightest. i have an arrow through it right now which i keep in 99% of the time, i love it so much.

1) How many do you have?
Currently I have 4 (2 in each ear) I used to have my tongue, lip, and helix pierced, but had to take them out for a variety of reasons.

Definitely my helix, cause I made the mistake of getting it pierced at a Claire’s (dumb young hs kid T_T) ended up getting infected and now I have this little ass keloid where it use to be, it’s been so long since I took it out that it’s almost non existent now. So please if you can avoid it, don’t ever get pierced with a piercing gun!! Instant regret! Go to the professionals with needles!

I loved my lip piercing, but my job didn’t deem it professional back in the day. Which really sucked cause eventually they stopped caring, but my hole had already closed up. Looking back I’m so mad I didn’t just put a clear piercing in to keep the hole open during work hours. I loved wearing lip rings over studs.

I actually got my tongue pierced twice. First time I got it done I hated the swelling and wanted chicken nuggets so bad that I said eff it and took my piercing out to eat thinking it would still be open by the time I finished. (I had just got my piercing done too, but again just me being a dumb young hs kid) nope closed right up and then a couple months later I decided to give it another go. The things we do when we’re young. I have always wanted my nose pierced though, but I don’t know if I’ll ever go through with it.

I just have one in each earlobe. I want to get a nose piercing, but my nose runs constantly because of allergies, so I’m not sure it would be a good idea.
I usually forget that I even have my ears pierced. I’ve gone years without putting in earrings and so far the holes have never closed.

Back