The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

No idea. But usually when I get a new game, I can play from 2 to 4 hours in a row the first time I play it depending on the game.

I played Pok?mon Y for about 6 hours the first time I played the game, for example. Never played the game for such a long period again since then.

I think I also played Civilization 4 and 5 for about 6-7 hours in a row when I first got them.

Last edited:
When I get a new sims 4 dlc i can play for about 5 or 6 hours straight. excluding toilet and food breaks.

There was this one Facebook game that I used to play (it doesn't exist anymore) and I would literally play it all day, almost everyday, constantly pulling all-nighters to spend time playing it.... I couldn't even hazard a guess at how long I played that for without an actual break.

As for other games, without proper breaks probably about 8-10 hours on the Sims a few years ago & when the Sims 2 first came out. I usually don't play a game for more than possibly 4 hours max without stopping.

I know that Ive definitely played sims 3 for like, 12 hours at a time. A few weeks ago the smoke where I live was so bad that I couldn't go outside, and Im pretty sure I played stardew valley for at least 15 hours a day lol

I've played Animal Crossing for whole freaking days. Fantasy Life has got me into 4-5 hour gaming sittings. Sims 3 and 4 I play for either 5- 15 minutes or 3 -6 hours at a time. Pokemon usually for a 2 hour minimum. I can game for long periods of time, just like I can bingewatch a series in a day (I'm looking at you, La Casa de Papel). But then again, I can also keep away from gaming for weeks straight. I just have to feel like it and have the time. I love playing a game with a let's play of that game on my laptop while i'm playing.

I recall a seven hour stretch on a Harvest Moon game of some description when I first got it, but I don't remember which, and I'm sure I've played a game for longer before but I happened to check in on my Activity Log on my 3DS for that one.

i was really sick when .hack g.u. last recode came out and i would literally lay in bed and play it constantly with naps and puke breaks in between

Probably WoW, and probably for expansion launches or raiding. Although - generally speaking - it doesn’t take long to race for the max level of a new EP (6-9 hours usually but it varies), but raiding probably took 12+ hours collectively on a bad day. That’s the ugly truth.

my memory is bad so i've definitely gone beyond this time, but in recent memory i've played monster hunter world for 7+ hours on end. i've been pretty sick so i guess that's a major contributor

I think mine was around 12-14 hours. Was doing a game marathon with friends and time certainly flew. I want to say it was Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.

Straight up for over 72 hours when I was still a student. It was a mega sales rougue-like game that CHUNSOFT (Former game company of Spike chunsoft) made. Despite it had passed over a decade after the first release, yet this game had a on going price like somewhere between 80,000 yen - 100,000 yen ( $800 - $1000? ) at the time. Super duper addictive game, that was.
During this whole 72+ hours, I didn't eat, didn't sleep, slightly took the time to drink water, even forced myself to be patient with bathroom needs (how silly if I recall!) and kept playing it. When it had passed 2 days, I repeated slipping in and out of the dream constantly, and yet tried to keep playing, until eventually I completely passed out, This was not just once even.
This game, and NL is the only video game I play.

Probably animal crossing or Pok?mon Oras? I know I?ve played both of them for about 8 hours straight

Back