• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else, but will the Train Station & Retail boards be closed after the 8th? I noticed that the Auction House & the Gate are closed even though there are now ways to play City Folk online again.

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else, but will the Train Station & Retail boards be closed after the 8th? I noticed that the Auction House & the Gate are closed even though there are now ways to play City Folk online again.

We have not discussed this yet, but I think it's likely. Oblivia stated in an earlier post that the New Leaf board will probably get moved into the General AC forum after the servers shut down and I imagine the NL specific trading boards would be closed at the same time. For the older games that no longer have Nintendo online support, there isn't as much activity so it's common to make threads in the main board for visiting or trading.

This hasn't actually been discussed but I'd say it's likely, yes. 😢

I have a question about editing posts!
If I edit a post after I already made it, and I @'d someone in that post, will that person get notified? o:

I have a question about editing posts!
If I edit a post after I already made it, and I @'d someone in that post, will that person get notified? o:
No, they won't! Users who are @'d will only be notified during the original post, not in any subsequent edits. Merged posts also won't notify users.

Not sure where to ask this but is trading between this site and New Horizons (e.g. trading TBT for items in-game) definitely in compliance with Nintendo’s terms of service?

Not sure where to ask this but is trading between this site and New Horizons (e.g. trading TBT for items in-game) definitely in compliance with Nintendo’s terms of service?
I’m not sure, but I know that there’s an entire forum for doing this.

i forgot if it was in this thread but there was a question asked about the bell deductions if posts are edited. i've been moving all of my old posts on my island journal to spoilers once i post a newer post so that it's easier to navigate. i think when i did this (even though i didn't remove content) bells were deducted from my account??

not sure if this is common or working as expected? i can start just posting my posts in the spoiler from the beginning but i'm wondering if that's something that could be tweaked?

i forgot if it was in this thread but there was a question asked about the bell deductions if posts are edited. i've been moving all of my old posts on my island journal to spoilers once i post a newer post so that it's easier to navigate. i think when i did this (even though i didn't remove content) bells were deducted from my account??

not sure if this is common or working as expected? i can start just posting my posts in the spoiler from the beginning but i'm wondering if that's something that could be tweaked?
Words in spoilers do not count towards your bell count.

Words in spoilers do not count towards your bell count.
ah bummer. i kinda wish this was modified, i feel like it makes navigating island journals easier if they're spoilered so you dont have to scroll through a barrage of images to get to the latest post. i think i can make it work with just my linked table of contents though. thanks!
Post automatically merged:

you're right, i removed the spoilers and got my bells back. thanks!

Are we allowed to talk about the site's functions.. ? I wanted to muse about how to make the inventory feature better but I'm worried that's not allowed?

I'm having issues with the mass action for my inventory. I cant even find what collectible is selected

1713924679580.png

The forum seems to be having issues. I’m getting constant server error messages when browsing and posting. Anyone aware of this?

Back