• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Huge Metal Gear Mega Thread

It shouldn't matter if a majority of the games are on PlayStation, it's still a multi-console franchise. The franchise isn't owned by Sony, nor is it exclusive to PlayStation, so as long as the thread is about the Metal Gear franchise as a whole, it belongs in Gamers' Lounge, not PlayStation. I avoid the PlayStation forum here, but I do have interest in the Metal Gear franchise, and I would have completely missed this thread if I hadn't seen it in the latest posts.

And I don't understand your reasoning against new Metal Gear games on Nintendo systems. It's not like Hideo Kojima has anything against Nintendo or anything. Hell, he literally begged Masahiro Sakurai to put Snake in Smash Bros. And he worked with Shigeru Miyamoto on The Twin Snakes. I think it's a lot more likely for us to see future Metal Gear games on Nintendo systems from now on, especially with the early 3DS support.

I put the thread here because this is where the majority of players that like it/the games themselves are. And yes, while it's true Kojima worked with Miyamoto on the Twin Snakes, that's the mistake that means that there is no chance for a Metal Gear Solid 1 remake at the moment because Nintendo still has the rights, and Kojima is partial to the Ps3 system at the moment.

I'm not going to get into a console argument, but the fact is that Konami is partial to Sony. That's how it's been for a long time. No rendering engines have to be remade, physics engines are already steady, development for a new console just takes too long and that's from Kojima himself.

Anyway, it's already in the playstation section, if you all want to move it be my guest. I was hoping that this would be actual discussion about the games, and not arguing about what console does it better, or where the bloody thread goes.

I put the thread here because this is where the majority of players that like it/the games themselves are. And yes, while it's true Kojima worked with Miyamoto on the Twin Snakes, that's the mistake that means that there is no chance for a Metal Gear Solid 1 remake at the moment because Nintendo still has the rights, and Kojima is partial to the Ps3 system at the moment.

I'm not going to get into a console argument, but the fact is that Konami is partial to Sony. That's how it's been for a long time. No rendering engines have to be remade, physics engines are already steady, development for a new console just takes too long and that's from Kojima himself.

Anyway, it's already in the playstation section, if you all want to move it be my guest. I was hoping that this would be actual discussion about the games, and not arguing about what console does it better, or where the bloody thread goes.
I wasn't arguing about which console "does it better". I wasn't looking to start a console argument, either. And I only made such a big deal about the forum this was posted in because it wasn't the right forum to post it in.

I wasn't arguing about which console "does it better". I wasn't looking to start a console argument, either. And I only made such a big deal about the forum this was posted in because it wasn't the right forum to post it in.

Oh deal with it and stop getting your panties in a twist. If it was THAT much of an issue a mod would have moved it by now, but clearly it's not.

Jamie put a lot of work into this thread and your insignificant ***** rage is ruining that.

On topic: I may be stealing a brother's PS3 to play MGS4 8D

Horray for MGS4. It's long as hell but if you know the story it's a beautiful game. Have a box of tissues ready.

On that note I need to call my fiance so we can light one for
Big boss

Oh deal with it and stop getting your panties in a twist. If it was THAT much of an issue a mod would have moved it by now, but clearly it's not.

Jamie put a lot of work into this thread and your insignificant ***** rage is ruining that.

On topic: I may be stealing a brother's PS3 to play MGS4 8D
I'm not trying to get the thread moved or anything. (It'd be nice, but whatever.) I'm just giving my two cents because I hope that future threads like this will be posted in the right forum, so people who might be interested in the thread won't miss it because it's in a forum that they don't go to.

Did you ever think Jamie might specifically be talking about the PS3 versions? Just like we talk specifically about the PC version of TF2 in the TF2 thread. Get over it and move on. No need to ruin a perfectly good thread with your small technicalities. Besides, every time I look at the Gamers' Lounge, I see this thread as the top thread.

Did you ever think Jamie might specifically be talking about the PS3 versions? Just like we talk specifically about the PC version of TF2 in the TF2 thread. Get over it and move on. No need to ruin a perfectly good thread with your small technicalities. Besides, every time I look at the Gamers' Lounge, I see this thread as the top thread.

Not to mention it's always in new posts.

HEY! NO! Bad ZR! No logic! Bad...

YOU KNOW WHAT BACON.

Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not.

:[ Bench to you.

No, I didn't ever think that, because the first post lists all Metal Gear games, not just PlayStation ones.

No, I didn't ever think that, because the first post lists all Metal Gear games, not just PlayStation ones.
So if I made a Sonic Adventure thread, it would have to go in Nintendo because it was on a Nintendo System?

It's not being moved. Okay, that's enough from everyone on the matter. So get back to talking about Metal Gear or don't post.

As for Metal Gear, I've never beaten one. Played through some Sons of Liberty I believe at a friend's. I wasn't really that good at it and stopped pretty early in. I would like to finish one as I'm a big fan of this style of games.

It's not being moved. Okay, that's enough from everyone on the matter. So get back to talking about Metal Gear or don't post.

As for Metal Gear, I've never beaten one. Played through some Sons of Liberty I believe at a friend's. I wasn't really that good at it and stopped pretty early in. I would like to finish one as I'm a big fan of this style of games.

Gogo lose your life to playing through the series now.

Sons of liberty not good? Heresy. It was considered one of the black ages games of metal gear though, try 3. You might like it.

Sons of liberty not good? Heresy. It was considered one of the black ages games of metal gear though, try 3. You might like it.
I didn't say it was bad, I said I was bad at it. I thought it was great, just wish I had the chance to play it more and get better at it.

right.. except we don't have tf2 in the pc board, where it belongs. :c

Some new info surfaced yesterday about a limited edition bundle of the MGS HD collection. In the american release, it will have an artbook, MGS3, and MGS2, as well as MGS peace walker. Unfortunately in both the Limited and Regular release, mgs1 is not included. Prices for the regular edition have already surfaced from 38 to 46 dollars.

I'm still debating on whether or not to purchase the first MGS on PSN.
Do it, I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful game to beat, I just recommend watching the Awesome Gear/Whatever it was for subtle help. Surprisingly that flash gave me game advice. God I hated that part.

I've got MGS1, MGS4, Peace Walker and Portable Ops Plus(Should have done my homework on that one) and have beaten them all at least once. Looking forward to the HD collection, especially since that means I can play Peace Walker online to truly enjoy all of it.

Back