• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The future of Animal Crossing!!!! Share your hopes and dreams for the game<3

I want the viking and princess hats from the original AC back as an item in your inventory rather than something that can only be gotten from making a pattern and wearing it on your head. The way it works is that it displays the torso texture of whatever shirt or dress your character is wearing (Applying to shirts with long sleeves or no sleeves too) and this applies to patterns too (Unless you make your own viking/princess hat pattern in Able Sisters like in New Leaf) Unlike the original AC, though, you can take it off and put it in your inventory (Unlike pattern hats which stay in your pattern storage) It would be a special item that can only be received after the train/bus/cab ride to town, it cannot be sold, and it cannot be purchased from the catalog, because it's special. What makes it so special is that it copies the shirt's patten so that you don't have to make a matching hat. I think this would be a great nostalgic feature for us GameCube players. Oh yeah, and no screwing up the way textures are mapped like in New Leaf (In New Leaf the viking hat's textures were flipped over and upside down compared to older games) I'll post some concept drawings later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yeah, and a way to teach time-travelers a lesson or two about screwing around with the space-time continuum just "Because I gotta get that dreamy" Maybe Don Resetti should take the role of a "time-keeper" that rants at time-travelers when he knows something's up and recognize it's clearly not the right year (This will happen only if the player is connected to Wi-Fi, as whatever system this is gonna be on (Probably Wii U and other future Nintendo consoles) could use that Wi-Fi power to recognize what the local time is) and will eventually release his hidden fury under all that niceness of his, because the Resetti family is starting to take note that time-traveling can really screw around with stuff. A bigger punishment? If you reset after time-traveling, Don Resetti will pop up right after Mr. Resetti has finished ranting to you about turning your power off without saving. Don't think you're getting off too easy. *All of a sudden, every time-traveler gives me a nasty look* What?

Last edited:
I think Harriet needs to get a tanning bed. Also, what really bugs me is how the buildings are always facing straight. I always liked how the GameCube version had them slightly rotated.

I hope that the towns are bigger, and that the Wii U GamePad is like the DS's bottom screen for Animal Crossing on Wii U.

Oh yeah, and a way to teach time-travelers a lesson or two about screwing around with the space-time continuum just "Because I gotta get that dreamy" Maybe Don Resetti should take the role of a "time-keeper" that rants at time-travelers when he knows something's up and recognize it's clearly not the right year (This will happen only if the player is connected to Wi-Fi, as whatever system this is gonna be on (Probably Wii U and other future Nintendo consoles) could use that Wi-Fi power to recognize what the local time is) and will eventually release his hidden fury under all that niceness of his, because the Resetti family is starting to take note that time-traveling can really screw around with stuff. A bigger punishment? If you reset after time-traveling, Don Resetti will pop up right after Mr. Resetti has finished ranting to you about turning your power off without saving. Don't think you're getting off too easy. *All of a sudden, every time-traveler gives me a nasty look* What?

That's a really cool idea, it'd be quite funny as well lol

If that's your hope/dream we're not gonna get along. I think the TT mechanic shouldn't be changed at all. There are different play styles you know, try to atleast respect them.

I agree with Don Resetti being a timekeeper. Or maybe a new Resetti brother (or sister)

Last edited:
They should bring back some of the old events and even add in some new ones<3 I wanna visit dream towns with friends - Imagine the laughs haha xD and I want to be able to accessorize more.

I agree with Don Resetti being a timekeeper. Or maybe a new Resetti brother (or sister)
I agree there needs to be a female sister in the Resetti family, a time keeper. I think they should also give the special characters genders on their name tags, such as Gracie or Pave, like everyone else has.

Last edited:
All I really want is to have the ability to approve the location a villager wants to move in. I'm the damn mayor I should have a say in where people move into my town.

I think a lot of these requests would take the fun out of Animal Crossing and make it too much like the sims. What's the point of playing if you can just make the town how you want it?
All I'd really want are more events (especially little things like that exercise one they had), actual makeup options, the ability to invite villagers over, and porches. And bigger maps.

Bigger maps yes ( some type of hills could be a great opportunity for the 3d capability )also why not be able to go up another level and go up and put your house on the cliffs! and the ability to invite villagers over YES PLEASE id love if you could actually have that dance party, host a party and have a tea date, have a picnic or something along those lines with your dreamie :) that'd be so fun if you could create and plan dates.....Anything is possible

I also wish that villagers would go to the beach more often and pwps for the beach

Animal Crossing's TV channels apparently run on Analog TV (As in, signing off and going to white noise or a test program with a shrill beep) why don't they make it even MORE like Analog TV by having the TV channel play your town tune before they sign off? Like how they play the National Anthem on real life Analog TV.

I think a lot of these requests would take the fun out of Animal Crossing and make it too much like the sims. What's the point of playing if you can just make the town how you want it?
All I'd really want are more events (especially little things like that exercise one they had), actual makeup options, the ability to invite villagers over, and porches. And bigger maps.

Excuse me. Why do you hate Ken? He's amazing :I

I think you should be able to choose what part of the town your villagers move to (so they don't move on your flowers or path), and also you should be able to put designs in front of doorways.

I think you should be able to choose what part of the town your villagers move to (so they don't move on your flowers or path), and also you should be able to put designs in front of doorways.

I agree, you're the mayor of the town ( I assume they keep this up in future games ) so you should approve move in locations. I don't see how simply adding that could make the game like sims really. Villagers moving in where they want has been an annoying issue with a lot of people.

Back