• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The future of Animal Crossing!!!! Share your hopes and dreams for the game<3

undadac

CaliBaby&#9792;
Bells
I see a bright and grande future for the world and video games with technology leveling up at such a fast pace we can only imagine and express our ideas....

I see animal crossing opening up on a sociable level where the houses and furniture are totally useable...
More space blocks!
Have a party and serve cake!
Climb into a tree and make a treehouse!
Change into your swimsuit and hop into the hot springs!!
Have a pet that u can train n let run free outside or in your fenced yard!
Hair that blows in the wind lulz
Get special ingredients from the island and cook up an island cake at home for a villagers birthday!!
Plant more types of flowers to grow like vines, vegetables, strawberry bushes, sunflowers, and get a hedge trimmer!

Sharing ideas will lead to your ideas becoming reality!!!
Please share your ideas on the future of animal crossing!!

Last edited:
Being able to type in what you want to say, also being able to choose your starting villagers!

Last edited:
I see a bright and grande future for the world and video games with technology leveling up at such a fast pace we can only imagine and express our ideas....

I see animal crossing opening up on a sociable level where the houses and furniture are totally useable...
More space blocks!
Have a party and serve cake!
Climb into a tree and make a treehouse!
Change into your swimsuit and hop into the hot springs!!
Have a pet that u can train n let run free outside or in your fenced yard!
Hair that blows in the wind lulz
Get special ingredients from the island and cook up an island cake at home for a villagers birthday!!
Plant more types of flowers to grow like vines, vegetables, strawberry bushes, sunflowers, and get a hedge trimmer!

Sharing ideas will lead to your ideas becoming reality!!!
Please share your ideas on the future of animal crossing!!

This ain't the bloody Sims.

Being able to type in what you want to say, also being able to choose your starting villagers!

That would crash the trading plaza. Since everyone could pick super popular villagers at the start, no one would buy them.

That would crash the trading plaza. Since everyone could pick super popular villagers at the start, no one would buy them.

The only reason there's a demand for the Trading Plaza in the first place is because you can't pick your starting villagers. If you could, you wouldn't have to trade for your dreamies.

They could make different pets entirely new species or maybe u get choices like in hArry potter (the messengers) ... And I'm talking about the future of animal crossing not the sims clearly

Last edited:
They should bring back the ability to send letters to players in other towns from your own town! Maybe fix the swimming so you don't hurt your thumb, too. Other than that I mostly want some improvement of the villagers' lines, stop with the tutorial lines after X amount of hours playtime, don't repeat themselves too often, don't say the same thing another villager said 3 seconds ago. More minigames to play with your villagers, more hairstyles and colors, more storage space, and maybe enable you to permanently smash rocks (as a PWP, maybe?) and fill up ponds with dirt (or make new ones), so you can make your town just how you want it. Actually, making paths an official thing, or at the very least being able to have some transparency in patterns.
I also liked having a city where you could come across many other villagers that you might not have seen before.

Hmm... I guess I'm not as creative as I used to be, so I really can't think of anything new to add, only improvements to already-existing features :/

LONG HAIR
BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER BELLS ABD-TO-ABD.
That is all.

YES. I second this on the long hair! I NEED HAIR THAT IS LONG.
I understand that I could just use a mii mask for long hair. But, I want my character's cute face + long pretty hair!

Um, I really want a PWP where you can place a land plot for villagers to move in. It really sucks how they can move in anywhere.

They could make different pets entirely new species or maybe u get choices like in hArry potter (the messengers) ... And I'm talking about the future of animal crossing not the sims clearly

And the things you suggested are very similar to the Sims.

All of these suggestions are super cool and all, but as long as we get a Wii U game I'll be happy. Although, I do hope the Wii U game we get does bring back the huge villages we had in City Folk (although minus the city, maybe more of a ACNL or even just WW/GC thing where they're in the town) and have the villager limit way higher (10? Come onnn.)

Oh, I've also always wanted to have special characters as villagers.. Why not just give Pelly a house that she's out of during work hours? And why should Isabelle have to work 24/7? And I don't really mean something like the Reset Surveillance Center, but I mean actually programming them personalities, and all of that. Okay, I guess that's a big request, but it's always been a huge annoyance for me, and it's even worse this time around because I LOOOVE ISABELLE. aaaaa okay sorry.

Last edited:
I would like the Bell Cards and Golden Cards from City Folk back. Always was such a pain having your inventory full of bells that you couldn't fit in your wallet. Also, about that pet thing. Wouldn't that be considered slavery in a world full of anthropomorphic animals, unless the pets you're talking about are NOT anthropomorphic, and if that's the case, then do the realistic animals not have a right in this world because they can not speak? Are they sacrificing themselves for the cause? Did they volunteer or were they dragged in? If they're old enough to become pets, shouldn't they be allowed to purchase alcohol? Why should the realistic animals become pets while the anthropomorphic ones sit on the profit firm? Am I actually going somewhere with this or am I just making stuff up at this point? (You deserve a cookie if you get the reference.)

Last edited:
Hopefully with the Wii U's better hardware, the game will look a lot more colourful than New Leaf, perhaps even having grass that looks like grass, that grows over time, and can be cut down if it gets too long (Something I've always wanted in the series, long grass just looks nice)

A freely controllable camera as opposed to the fixed camera with the rolling log effect would be nice, it might break the hide and seek mechanics and the rolling log effect is quite nice, but it could bring a lot too the series, like buildings not all facing south for a start :)

Also a more customisable town, not just pwp's but outdoor furniture, paths to replace grass decay and the ugly floor patterns.
And maybe even being able to pick up and move the signs around that become villager houses, personally I like the random villager placement, but there's always one villager who goes and moves right where I want to build a lighthouse.

Oh and an obvious one, which will definitely happen, more bugs and fish too catch, especially in the Winter and Spring time.

Basically more too do when there's not a special event going on, but not too much that it ruins the simplicity of the game.

Back