• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The big thread of all the new recently announced Mario Kart 8 news

THE HYPE IS OFFICIALLY REAL

I have no idea how I'm gonna survive at school tomorrow...

Plans for tomorrow:

1. Get up between 5:00 and 6:00am
2. Get right to downloading
3. Hopefully the download is complete by 7:00am
4. Play for a bit before I go to school at 8:00am
5. Get tortured at school by wanting to stay home and play...
6. COME HOME AND PLAY SOME MORE!

THE HYPE IS OFFICIALLY REAL

I have no idea how I'm gonna survive at school tomorrow...

Plans for tomorrow:

1. Get up between 5:00 and 6:00am
2. Get right to downloading
3. Hopefully the download is complete by 7:00am
4. Play for a bit before I go to school at 8:00am
5. Get tortured at school by wanting to stay home and play...
6. COME HOME AND PLAY SOME MORE!

At least you'll get to play in the morning! I won't be able to until around 3:15 :(

Does the digital version come with the club nintendo free game download?

I'll probably play after lunch. I have to pick up the game once the store opens and then I have a 4 hour trip to see my girlfriend. It's worth the wait I guess because then I can play multiplayer grand prix and still get a star ranking and all the unlockables (just like double dash ^^).

Does the digital version come with the club nintendo free game download?

I'll probably play after lunch. I have to pick up the game once the store opens and then I have a 4 hour trip to see my girlfriend. It's worth the wait I guess because then I can play multiplayer grand prix and still get a star ranking and all the unlockables (just like double dash ^^).

Yes, no matter which way you buy it, you can get a game from the club Nintendo promotion.

At least you'll get to play in the morning! I won't be able to until around 3:15 :(

Well my mom just told me I can't get up before 6:00am... :/ I might have another plan though.

I get home from school around 3:10, so right when I get home I'm going straight to playing. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Finally learned how to multi-quote too...

Yes, no matter which way you buy it, you can get a game from the club Nintendo promotion.

I'm so tempted to buy the digital version now. I should probably wait since there's only 12 hours left until I buy it and I already have it pre-ordered. idk...ahhhh.. I want it so bad ; ;

ERMAHGERD it's 2am on release day here. =DD Wish I already had a Wii U to download, but alas, I must sleep and sit doglike by the door waiting for the postman to deliver my bundle (of joy). :p

Last edited:
Oh, so it's -everyone can download at midnight [insert timezone here]-? The wiki confused me since it said it was released in North America.

Oh, so it's -everyone can download at midnight [insert timezone here]-? The wiki confused me since it said it was released in North America.

I think it depends on one timezone. - I think the whole of Europe has to wait until midnight in England to download. So I imagine in the States it'll be available everywhere at once. ~ likely midnight at the East coast or something. But don't quote me on this.

Because of being homeschooled, I can go basically any time I want once gamestop opens. I'm gonna go in the morning <3

Because of being homeschooled, I can go basically any time I want once gamestop opens. I'm gonna go in the morning <3

You're so lucky!!! it's gonna be such a pain to get through school tomorrow.

Just a little note for everyone: the boomerang is officially the most OP items in Mario Kart now, moreso than the Blue Shell.

Just a little note for everyone: the boomerang is officially the most OP items in Mario Kart now, moreso than the Blue Shell.

Really? I've seen tons of reviews, gameplay, and heard of other peoples experiences and I've heard absolutely no complaints towards that item o.o
I guess we'll all see for ourselves tomorrow.

It does look like it can do a lot of damage, considering it's multiple use and can pierce through others. Hehe. :D

Back