• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The big thread of all the new recently announced Mario Kart 8 news

HeHe, you don't have that long left.

Anywho, I have to wait 5 hours till 9am so the shop opens and I can'tt sleep. Tis 4:40 am...

Here are my honest opinions.

WARNING! UNPOPULAR, CONROVERSIAL OPINIONS START HERE
People wishing for DLC before a game even comes out is ridiculous. What happened to the days when we were content with what we got? With that being said, if Nintendo starts pulling out day one DLC for their games eventually, I will say that nobody can say anything at all (unless you are agree with me on this)!

Who cares that you don't get a reward for getting three stars on every cup? That's a ridiculous accomplishment anyway. And to be honest, whatever they could've rewarded the player with probably wouldn't be much anyway. And truth be told, if they did give a reward for it, I doubt very seriously that someone wouldn't complain about it in some way.

Music Park and Rainbow Road is underrated. Music Park has a very cool concept and design to it, and it's one reason why I actually was thinking of getting Mario Kart 7 (which I never did because of the game overall having way too many omissions). Rainbow Road isn't the best, but that doesn't mean it's bad or mediocre either.

Also, just want to point this out, Baby Park is the most overrated Mario Kart track ever! All you are doing is racing in circles. Sure, it can result in a lot of craziness, but it has no substance in it's overall design. Sometimes, I think people are so in love with this course, that I think if Nintendo made a standalone Mario Kart with just it as a course, people would buy it.

As far as the battle mode is concerned. People are complaining way too much about it. It isn't that bad! It's not like complaining is going to do anything about it, so why bother? Just go with it! Also, I find it funny how when WiiFolderJosh said that the people saying that nobody cares about battle mode are apologists. Really? No, Josh Thomas, you're just butthurt because you can't stand the fact that there are people who really don't care about your precious little mode. Those who don't care aren't advocating the way it is designed or anything. The just don't give a crap about it at all and never did. To be honest, I never did either. I even forgot that battle mode existed until all this fuss was brought up about it.

People complaining about the online chat being for freinds only are ridiculous. You know that children play this game online, and they don't want them talking to grown men or even other kids their age that they don't know. And parental controls is not an excuse. Then, you would be disregarding a group of people in the fanbase. And to be honest, I don't want to hear people talking every so often while I'm racing with them unless I know who I am playing with.

Also, the character selection is bad. It only features a few omissions that really shouldn't matter that much. Like Bowser Jr. is my favorite character and I was disappointed with him being excluded, but I got over it because it really didn't matter. Also, I like Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina.

To be honest, I can't stand any of the complaints for this game at all. Stop complaining and just enjoy the game. It took such a long time and now it is in our hands. Also, none of this is aimed towards anyone here. Only game critics. Which to be honest are the most whiny, self entitled gamers on Earth.

WARNING! UNPOPULAR, CONROVERSIAL OPINIONS END HERE

I'm super hyped for this game! I can't wait until I can get a Wii U! The new winder waker HD remake, super smash brothers, and mario kart should be enough to get anyone to get a Wii U haha.

So how's everyone liking the game? :D

I love it! Probably the best MK game ever! However, I have a couple cons:

-The coin item is way too common in 1st place.
-The coin item should automatically stop appearing when you max out at 10. This would be a great thing because what's the point of getting them if you already have 10? Yeah, it gives you a tiny speed boost, but VERY tiny.
-I've been getting disconnected a lot online, but hopefully that was just because of high traffic yesterday and it should slow down soon.

One main problem for me is that 50cc is so easy that it's boring. I know I can just go to 100/150cc right away, but I've always completed Mario Kart games in order, so I'll be playing the game in 50cc for the time being.

Also, many reviewers say that Battle Mode sucks. I partially agree with them; I think it can be fun depending on the track you're on. I had a blast playing battle mode on Moo Moo Meadows and Yoshi Valley, but it was kind of boring on Sherbet Land.

Personally, after last night, battle mode with teams is a blast!

I have a question, though. Do you need to complete all the cups in every speed or does beating it in 150cc count for 50cc and 100cc?

The only problem with the battle mode in my opinion is the fact that they take place on the whole track, giving way too much room. They should have had the courses on enclosed sections of the track. In fact, it would have gave us more courses (even though they would only be sections). Also, Mario Circuit isn't really battle mode material as it is a mobius strip. As a result, you might misinterpretation a person who you think is approaching you, but they are actually upside down, below you on the other side of the mobius strip.

Back