The ACNH Rant Thread

Rodney, look. Ik none of the accessories I've given you fit your preferences to a T. But... you have storage, don't you?
Reminds me of villagers I've given birthday hats to. Phoebe has it in her house as furniture, even though she could put it in her storage.
1592862896497.png
Cube was stranger, though. He initially had it in place of his TV (one of the starter houses, unfortunately), but he doesn't have the hat sitting there anymore. What was funny about him was that he would use the duster-thing (whatever that thing is called) on it, which was funny.

Last edited:
Why can the gold tools break??? I recently got the golden slingshot and it’s already broken, it’s so much easier to just buy a new one from the nookling store than crafting a golden one and wasting gold 😒 I really hope in an update they make them unbreakable

My one and only rant is how many iron nuggets it takes to make a robot hero! Did the math today, 110 per and I'd like to make all 8 of them. Increasing my number of gold nuggets and rusted parts daily, but wow that may take a while for 880 iron nuggets. I sell them on a material shop too, perhaps I should slow that material down a bit!

Why can the gold tools break??? I recently got the golden slingshot and it’s already broken, it’s so much easier to just buy a new one from the nookling store than crafting a golden one and wasting gold 😒 I really hope in an update they make them unbreakable
I just buy tools from timmys now. Too much time for crafting and gathering materials. I haven't even bothered trying to get the gold tools. Too much effort for something that breaks.

i just wanna know why nintendo reduced the amount of villagers crafting each day - it used to be 3 but now it seems like it’s only 2 :c

I think the thought bubble method is broken in my game. It's been Colton for six of the seven last days.

Reminds me of villagers I've given birthday hats to. Phoebe has it in her house as furniture, even though she could put it in her storage.
Cube was stranger, though. He initially had it in place of his TV (one of the starter houses, unfortunately), but he doesn't have the hat sitting there anymore. What was funny about him was that he would use the duster-thing (whatever that thing is called) on it, which was funny.
Offtopic but is that her uchi starter house? I like what you did with it if you customized those!

Offtopic but is that her uchi starter house? I like what you did with it if you customized those!
Yep, she was one of my first villagers (along with Cobb, though I think he was moved out and replaced with Chrissy), so that's one of those starting houses. Thanks, though. I got that guitar and figured Phoebe would like it but...
1592864489323.png
...apparently she won't play it. Eh, I guess it's relatable, Phoebe. It plays well with the song in her house, though.

Oh, and in this picture, you can see the other item I gave her, it seems, the Den Desk. (I don't think that came with the house, seeing how it doesn't match the colorful wood-block furniture. If only Phoebe had her lava-filled house, though.)

my only complaints//
  • i really wish that u could craft in bulk. that would be so helpful because my poor switch baby should not be mashed so much lmao
  • why do things from the nook stop have to be delivered by mail?... i swear it’s so annoying
  • why does everything have to take a day?? it takes a day to construct, a day to clean up public works projects that u don’t want anymore, etc. damn it nook man just hurry up lol
other than that i’m loving the game so so so much! there’s always something for me to be doing, and considering it’s my first time dipping my toe into the animal crossing world, i’ve been very happy!

This game is awesome, but I do have a couple complaints:
  • I agree with wanderlust//, crafting would be much easier in bulk!
  • Why don’t items like bugs or fish “clump together” like fruits or wood do?? I hate having to clear my pockets all the time haha. Once I get the pocket expansions, I’ll probably be happier
  • I hate what your eye looks like when you are stung by a wasp... trypophobia trigger much?? Same with the wasp nest lol
  • Why the heck can we not “redecorate” when someone is in your island? You can’t even push items around. “It’s rude.”

the default houses! oh they frustrate me ...
I spend time finding villagers that I like to occupy my first 3 houses. Skye, Crackle and Cheri are my favourites!
but ... their houses are awful :-( I want them to upgrade but I don't want to kick them out -_-

lesson learned: if I ever reset, makesure not to care about the villagers in the first 5 houses. makes it easier to kick them

I hate how there’s a large area in front of villager’s houses where you can’t place patterns if their house is on the beach. I wanted to make this little beach housing area shared by Willow and Flora but it’ll look dumb if I can’t have paths leading to their homes. :(

This game is awesome, but I do have a couple complaints:
  • I agree with wanderlust//, crafting would be much easier in bulk!
  • Why don’t items like bugs or fish “clump together” like fruits or wood do?? I hate having to clear my pockets all the time haha. Once I get the pocket expansions, I’ll probably be happier
  • I hate what your eye looks like when you are stung by a wasp... trypophobia trigger much?? Same with the wasp nest lol
  • Why the heck can we not “redecorate” when someone is in your island? You can’t even push items around. “It’s rude.”
IKR like what is even the point of the clackercart if my friends can't push it around and see it animate?!?

Two things I have come here to lament about today:
  • when I play an instrument in front of a villager/in their house for a while, they don't clap for me at the end like in older games.
  • when I sit down on a bench next to a villager I'm good buds with, they don't smile at me like in NL.
I really hope they add these into NH soon, it was those little moments that brought me joy in older AC games when the villagers would react to me in those ways.

(edit: removed interjection "dude" to avoid confusing connotation)

Last edited:
I kept forgetting to post this here but what ever happened to villagers sending you goodbye letters 😢
I remember someone posting somewhere that they did in fact get a goodbye letter, with a screenshot as proof, but that might've been only because they didn't visit that villager while they were in boxes. If that's true, it makes sense in a way, because when you visit them in boxes they say their goodbyes to you directly anyway, but it's also apparently left a lot of people believing they never send them...

(re-edited)

Last edited:
I remember someone posting somewhere that they did in fact get a goodbye letter, with a picture as proof, but that might've been only because they didn't visit that villager while they were in boxes. If that's true, it makes sense in a way, because when you visit them in boxes they say their goodbyes to you directly anyway, but it's also apparently left a lot of people believing they never send them...
I’ve not visited villagers before and not got a goodbye letter. I miss them ☹️
Speaking of letters, where is Pete

I’ve not visited villagers before and not got a goodbye letter. I miss them ☹
Speaking of letters, where is Pete
Okay, thanks for the info. I think I was inclined to believe that person because I feel like I'm the only one who has experienced a villager say specific dialogue (as in, not normal gift exchange dialogue) when he gave me his picture. I have the screenshot and the recorded exchange of that saved. I think the only reason that happened was because I got it after delivering a gift to him from another villager, rather than just giving him something outright. It seems that might be an oversight on the NH team's part, which I hope they fix lol

(edited to clarify what I meant by "doing a delivery task for him")

Last edited:
Back