• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I don't get how some people just do not have the common courtesy of respecting other's time. If I have a villager in boxes and you make an offer please be AT LEAST SOMEWHAT punctual with getting back to me. The last few villagers I tried selling, I had two people just outright GHOST me and one person (Who said they had a plot ready) left me hanging for two hours. It's late here. I specifically stated I needed this villager gone ASAP and to have a plot open and be ready to take her. How you gonna make me wait two hours after I gave you the Dodo and PROCEED to try and have small talk with me while you were 'getting ready'. Then when I say "Ok well I have to go to bed now, I'm sorry, I gave you extra time twice" you gonna message me with "Ok I'm ready now >_>" UFNHJFBFJWNF UHM WHAT'S WITH THAT FACE? YOU ANNOYED WITH ME? I just fjwnfw.

And the same goes for vice versa! If your selling a villager and say they're ready and you accept my offer and I put a plot down you better get your butt online! I am not about to waste a plot and have a random move in because YOU are not punctual.

I'm usually not so strict about trades- item trades? Sure, I can wait a few days. But if it's a villager who has a specific timer, then you need to be ready to make that trade. Not in 5 hours.

Sorry, I just... I needed someplace to rant because this is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I agree getting ghosted with these kinda stuff is really annoying

They should bring back the messages of the week, and add other fun little things to the bulletin board. 🥺

EYLYSezWoAI-ypW

Oh this one is sweet 😊. Sometimes they were much meaner. Like the one that says "Fat is denser than water. That's why you sink". Rude ☠

I need white brick/stone bridges and inclines in my life, that's all I'm asking for. Just let me have other colors of those. And build more than 8 of each.

I don't get how some people just do not have the common courtesy of respecting other's time. If I have a villager in boxes and you make an offer please be AT LEAST SOMEWHAT punctual with getting back to me. The last few villagers I tried selling, I had two people just outright GHOST me and one person (Who said they had a plot ready) left me hanging for two hours. It's late here. I specifically stated I needed this villager gone ASAP and to have a plot open and be ready to take her. How you gonna make me wait two hours after I gave you the Dodo and PROCEED to try and have small talk with me while you were 'getting ready'. Then when I say "Ok well I have to go to bed now, I'm sorry, I gave you extra time twice" you gonna message me with "Ok I'm ready now >_>" UFNHJFBFJWNF UHM WHAT'S WITH THAT FACE? YOU ANNOYED WITH ME? I just fjwnfw.

And the same goes for vice versa! If your selling a villager and say they're ready and you accept my offer and I put a plot down you better get your butt online! I am not about to waste a plot and have a random move in because YOU are not punctual.

I'm usually not so strict about trades- item trades? Sure, I can wait a few days. But if it's a villager who has a specific timer, then you need to be ready to make that trade. Not in 5 hours.

Sorry, I just... I needed someplace to rant because this is absolutely ridiculous.
Oh that's so annoying! I also had someone who told me after a while ''Oh well, can you hold it until I get a plot open?'' and I was ''Oh yeah, sure'' and then I had to learnt that they were expecting me to wait for days because they didn't TT. I've contacted people who don't TT and some had some luck and had already an open spot, and others don't, they tell me ''Sorry I don't have a free plot and I don't TT'' and I go my way searching for other people. But this user expected me to way for days, trapped in the same date, and didn't told me until I asked them how were they doing and what method were they using.

If you say no entry fee but demand tips and turn your switch off if the tip isn’t immediately on the ground, it’s an entry fee lol sick of people pulling this.

I have no problems paying reasonable entry fees that don’t cost an arm and a leg and I always will tip when I’m finished selling but please be more transparent.

If you say no entry fee but demand tips and turn your switch off if the tip isn’t immediately on the ground, it’s an entry fee lol sick of people pulling this.

I have no problems paying reasonable entry fees that don’t cost an arm and a leg and I always will tip when I’m finished selling but please be more transparent.
Totally agree with this. If you’re asking for tips it’s not a tip, a tip is supposed to be an optional bonus that someone wants to give if they want to. You can’t force someone to tip.

I wish we could build ladders as well, sometimes inclines just take away too much space.
I've been thinking this but for bridges. Like if we had a log for a bridge you could hop/run across, or even real stepping stones instead of just building a 1x1 ground
Post automatically merged:

In other events, I'd seen clips of people fencing in Daisy Mae once they find her so she doesn't go out of sight... I saw her right outside my house at like 10:30, thought, "Nah she won't go far," and by the time I'd gotten some change together to buy some turnips she was nowhere to be seen. Finally found her again at like 11:55 behind a tree, that was fun 🙄

Last edited:
I take back what I said about the AC community on Instagram being better than Twitter imo. People there are just as nasty...

Also it rubs me the wrong way that one Instagram user harrased a user on Tumblr, stole her images without crediting her, then gaslighted her. The fact that he went out of his way to use a picture of her IRL face into a meme is kinda sick.
tumblr_07e460616f305f32da5398de38ddfdb2_89bfd12b_1280.jpg

The post is deleted, but they're still a gross person regardless.

Last edited:
Somehow I had assumed the frozen treat set was a summer item since, y’know... it’s a popsicle set and all....

Why are these winter items? Who is going to eat these in winter??
Ice cream/popsicles in the winter > summer. But thanks for posting that. I assumed they were summer items too. Had no clue.

I wish there was a way to see the things I've bought for the day. I bought 2 fortune cookie carts yesterday.... It's not the worst thing to have 2 of and maybe I can find somewhere for the second one, but ugh I don't need 2!!

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to see the things I've bought for the day. I bought 2 fortune cookie carts yesterday.... It's not the worst thing to have 2 of and maybe J can find somewhere for the second one, but ugh I don't need 2!!
I don't have pocket camp so I can't get it, so if you're not going to use it I'd love to buy it from you :)

i recently restarted acnl and it made me realize just how much acnh tarnished my opinion of isabelle :( she's adorable in new leaf and feels a lot more dynamic(?) than she does in new horizons. her announcements were cute the first few times but now i just mash through them; if they're going to be random bits of small talk i'd at least like the option to respond to her somehow and have a conversation with her!

My house storage limit is really ticking me off. I don’t want to have to constantly sell/rebuy items just because I don’t have room for them. If I can endlessly drop them outside my house, then it’s not really a memory problem. Let me pay bells for a storage upgrade!

I know I can use a second profile for storage, but it’s annoyingly to have to switch back and forth because they can’t access each other’s storage.

Just hit the 8 incline limit and needed 2 more. It’s pretty annoying that we had to have this limit. Now I’ll have to change my design to revolve around that. We can constantly keep dumping cliffs until the 4th level, but the island cannot take more than 8 inclines? Doesn’t really make sense.

Back