• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Trying to wrap my head around the thinking that went towards making the resident services building so unbelievably cumbersome. It takes up a huge amount of space, can’t be customized whatsoever, and worst of all it’s the only building that can’t be moved? At first I was like whatever but now I realize mine is sooo close to my airport my options for making a nice entrance are quite limited. Why is it even placed like it’s the first thing your visitors should see anyway, there’s nothing for them to do in there, they can’t even use the ABD. 😂

For every update, I wish they added more dialogue. My characters are so bland now and I feel as if they’re robotic. Kills the experience.

Another thing that kills the experience - the fact when a villager moves out they forget about you. I’m over here like “aww we’re having a lil reunion” meanwhile they have rebooted and wiped clean from any relationship progress. Makes me less connected to the gameplay.

Trying to wrap my head around the thinking that went towards making the resident services building so unbelievably cumbersome. It takes up a huge amount of space, can’t be customized whatsoever, and worst of all it’s the only building that can’t be moved? At first I was like whatever but now I realize mine is sooo close to my airport my options for making a nice entrance are quite limited. Why is it even placed like it’s the first thing your visitors should see anyway, there’s nothing for them to do in there, they can’t even use the ABD. 😂

I fully agree, the building brings on so many issues. Can't even drop items on the concrete area, never mind not being able to move it.

That's understandable. I've done the same and I have my mini map on always too.

I mean all of my houses are in the same area (2 per row and 5 rows with a main "street" to connect all of them. My post and PM had the directions to take the path to the right of my Resident Services since it connects directly and most people used that way to get there so idk. It's just super frustrating when you're clearly running on a bridge and down another incline that you didn't take to get that way (that's clearly to the far left when the airport is south). I physically blocked people at one point and they still attempted to run through my character.
Yeah, that’s the sort of thing I’m talking about, people trying to run through your character like that or going out of their way to take the wrong path obviously didn’t just happen to get lost and it sounds like you gave pretty clear directions in that case too. I’d never do that and it really sucks that some people are so willing to waste both your time and their own for no good reason. It’s like you said, this type of thing is exactly why I understand people wanting to use entry fees. Especially if you’re letting in a lot of people at once for something like high turnip prices and then they act like this :/

So someone I recently traded with pointed out that my Island is named after a dairy company... 😭 I had no idea. I just took the name from another game. I’ve been using since since NL.

For every update, I wish they added more dialogue. My characters are so bland now and I feel as if they’re robotic. Kills the experience.

Another thing that kills the experience - the fact when a villager moves out they forget about you. I’m over here like “aww we’re having a lil reunion” meanwhile they have rebooted and wiped clean from any relationship progress. Makes me less connected to the gameplay.
Nl and others did this as well, Minus the first one since you had only one town (unless you had a secondary memory card)

Unless they moved to another town While they were in boxes, they would always forget you. It’s Tragic. I Had it happen with Celia in nl, my sister got her from my void, so when I came by to see her, she saw me as a complete stranger....

There's just...so many pocket fillers

Trying to landscape trees or flowers fills pockets and there's no way to store them, DIYs I already learned but would rather give to someone else, furniture or clothing items that show up from a villager or a box. I can't carry all this stuff!

I'm sure this has been said to death and this point but OH MAN do I hate the ux in this game or what. I am sure they had someone on staff to OK these kinds of decisions and I appreciate it's probably repetitive and nonsense for the younger audience but just AHHHHOu give us a choice to tell Orville to stfu, PLEASE.

I'm sure this has been said to death and this point but OH MAN do I hate the ux in this game or what. I am sure they had someone on staff to OK these kinds of decisions and I appreciate it's probably repetitive and nonsense for the younger audience but just AHHHHOu give us a choice to tell Orville to stfu, PLEASE.
At least let us bring nets indoors so we can hit him every time he rambles on about some garbage

There's no way to hide the interface in camera mode. I understand it disappears when you actually take a photo but trying to record video and you're stuck with it is 🙃

Also, only being able to record the last 30seconds from holding the button? Why is there no start/stop or why can't it just be the 30seconds AFTER? I had so many 30s clips to scrub through to find like a second of footage I wanted at the very end of the clip 🙃🙃🙃

Another interface thing, but I wish I could hide the Nook phone icon and time longer than what's possible.

alright; time to unload all of the problems i have for the game. (in rough order from needing a QoL update to minor nitpicks)

1. Building placement: there is no actual clear way to neatly place buildings and you'd have to press "Imagine" everytime to get a good look on how it looks. A bird-eye view and a system to place buildings like how'd you decorate your house would be beneficial. (but perhaps that'd kill the slow pace of the game, i found people to complain) If not, I want a mass relocation option.
  2. Terraforming (path placement): It sucks that pressing Y can easily erase the custom path when you're trying to pick up something (which easily got annoying.) Why did I spend Miles for it?
  3. Plots: Currently holding space for friend's villager, but is there no way to remove that plot after friend's villager moves back? My island feels a tad more crowded. Perhaps I should git gud and rack up Miles for more terraforming stuff.
  4. Cooking: There's fishes in Animal Crossing and we can't cook them? I'd find it less tedious if said dishes provides effects like unlimited fruit buff for a certain time, or faster running speed.
  5. Items Limited to Miles: After redeeming Miles for those items, wouldn't it be better if you can still buy that item again for Bells?
this is all but a newcomer's opinion so some of these listed might be deemed "invalid" to some veteran players.

Back