• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Thats was awkward (Club Tortimer)

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I was on Club Tortimer, I'm island hopping for bush starts, and since I'm also watching Bones (the tv show, that I a HUGE fan of) while I play, so I wasnt' paying attention to the game, as my eyes were on my tv. I look down at the game and someone in a wet suit is standing next to me saying "Hello. Hello! HELLO!! HELLO!!!" Then she left then came back and said something about a phone number. I didnt say a word, I left that island right quick.

What is the deal with Club Tortimer? You find the most shall I say, interesting, people on there.

Whats the awkward part you might ask: How long was she standing there saying hello and talking about phone numbers. while I ignored her (unintentionally)?

Last edited:
Club Tortimer is like real life. You're going to run into people you don't want to. But you're also going to find some pretty cool people along the way to. I had some dude help me do tours so I could get medals for the mermaid series set. He even dropped a mermaid chair, so that I had two instead of one.

I was trying to get a present for my friends birthday that was coming up, back in 2016 I think?

Never call these numbers -- they often are just a random number and can often make you call places that can end up costing you A LOT of money in fines in some cases.

I have very weird CT experiences.

I like to ignore them, because then they get triggered XD

Last edited:
I don't converse with people on CT. Of course I will say hi back if they say hi but I don't stay and chat. I mostly use CT for the items that don't appear on my personal island.

I tend to have great experiences! I love hanging with other visitors.

I agree! it's super fun to interact with others on the island and a lot of the people I have met, are eager to play the tours; that's about as far as it goes. Though, I did meet one or two girls who I swapped friend codes with. It would be nice to play with people of my age instead of younger members though.

I used to have Club Tortimer in my old town but then I deleted my town *... and still cries over that fact O_O* I never used it as I didn't touch the WiFi switch back then. Now I invite my bestie to the island. Hey, she's all I need. x'D

I've usually avoid interacting with people to avoid any strange events like you have, especially since that one time when I went island hopping that I found two people talking with eachother in a flirtatious... way.

Back