• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

That nagging feel to re-terraform entire island...again

I've been thinking about re-doing my entire island... But then the thought of "Where the heck am I going to put all these flowers..." stops me, haha.

I personally never had that feeling. I try to make my island the way I want, and I am not comparing mine to others. The most important thing is if you are happy with your island. If you aren't, don't be afraid to change things.

Ugh I'm in the middle of this right now. I've just gotten to the point where everything looks okay and I like the mini-areas. But because I'm that type of person that gets bored when I look at something too long, now everything has to go
rip my bank account

It may be safe to say: you may think your island is boring compared to someone else's, but someone else out there probably thinks the same about their island when they see your island.

Ask yourself... is it worth the time and effort to do it all over again?

Now, when I think about all the bells I need to move houses, demolish and rebuild inclines/bridges... I give up.

Remember that you spend most of your time on your island so when you go to visit other people's you have the feeling of 'Oh wow! I have never seen this before and it's so cool!'. It is kind of like when you have lived somewhere for ages you find it super boring, but if someone comes to visit they find things about the town that you overlook that are actually really nice.

Sometimes that drive to re-do your island entirely is what will bring you to the point where you become completely satisfied with where you are! Just keep going at it & you’ll get somewhere where it works for you!

When I chose my island at first, I didn’t only because it matched up with a lot of my plans— but because it had already felt like home! I’m sure to some degree you might have felt that too, seeing the island you ultimately chose for the first time. And even if your island isn’t where you want it to be at right now, realize it hasn’t even been two months since the game has been out! There’s so many people scrambling to finish their islands when there’s so much more time to develop them— just take it a day at a time and let progress flow naturally!

I’ve just started re-doing my island. 4m down, but I can say it’s completely worth it. If you’re not happy with something and have the ability to change it you should absolutely give it a go✨

What I do now that helps is not really focus on the land layout as I'm happy to believe that my layout is unique to me but just take it piece by piece/section when looking at other awesome islands. I would just replace/upgrade sections of my island if I get inspiration when viewing other islands. Example; In the case I like the way a person's cafe area looks compared to mine, I would deconstruct mine and redo it based on their ideas. It won't be exact, so if theirs is setup vertically, mine would be horizontally due to location but the general feel would be the same. From there what usually happens during the remodel is that I'll start inputting my own personal touches.

It keeps the game fresh without turning it into an issue.

Currently moving my villager homes and shops to the beach as we speak and cryin the whole way rndjjxianhsd.
I loved my map when I first made it but the positioning could be 100x better so I am going to flatter everything again and move stuff around so it can fit better without any awkward areas I cant do anything with

I'm also facing the dilemma of, "island theme" TTvTT I don't know if I should make a pastel fairytale forest island (which seems kinda repetitive), or a celestial/ magical/ witchy island. I found some paths that I absolutely love, but literally nothing matches with them! 😭😭😭💔 I cri.

Maybe consider both? I think the themes would tie together. Part of the island could be a fairytale forest, which leads to a darker, witchy section. Perhaps you could have a witch that lives in the fairytale forest?

ugh yes i've been feeling this. i really want to change up the whole layout of the island, but it'll be such a pain to move all my flowers i can't bring myself to do it...

Back