• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XIII: Bird Mafia II [Game Over - Town & Tsundere Win!]

Checked my role PM again, because what Tina has pointed out has unnerved me, and with good reason: my role PM says I return as a random Mafia Role to all investigative roles. When Natty first claimed, I took it with a grain of salt because I thought it might be a fakeclaim, but then I decided to scrap that idea because I didn't think she'd be clearing so many people if she were mafia hiding behind an insane cop claim, when she could easily push for us to be lynched instead.
I'll be interested to see what Natty has to say for herself, but my vote is leaning towards her because this is too much of an inconsistency to ignore at this stage in the game when we really need to scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*really need to hit scum

Natty's fakeclaim is either a veteran trying to bait a kill or a mafia or a sk, like other people I am leaning towards the latter.

Natty's fakeclaim is either a veteran trying to bait a kill or a mafia or a sk, like other people I am leaning towards the latter.

This could be possible but, it could also be a cover for scum? No doubt they've been given fake claims.

This could be possible but, it could also be a cover for scum? No doubt they've been given fake claims.

I agree . I was just covering all possibilities.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will not be voting until I hear what Natty has to say.

It specifically states in my PM that only alignment returns to inspections. Since I'm insane, and I inspected Epona, how would rolenames only coming back work? Would I get a random town role back instead? Because that's not what happened.

Except I'm not fakeclaiming. If I was scum, I wouldn't want to put the spotlight on myself... and if I would have wanted to fakeclaim to try and get suspicion of me, I probably would lay low and wait until other people started talking and began to call me out.

Well this just got interesting, especially with Natty's slip-up, this means that Natty is scum, or, both Alice and epona lied about their roles. I find the former more likely, but I what to hear what Natty has to say in defense first

- - - Post Merge - - -

Except I'm not fakeclaiming. If I was scum, I wouldn't want to put the spotlight on myself... and if I would have wanted to fakeclaim to try and get suspicion of me, I probably would lay low and wait until other people started talking and began to call me out.

Actually, I suspect that you would do that and have done it, you could easily claim detective and then claim that you were getting roleblocked, then when the mafia were close to winning you could claim that your inspection went through and say that a random town player was mafia.

I believe epona over Natty.

Why inspect someone claiming miller if you only get alignment results back? That's silly, because there is no way to confirm a miller. Someone wouldn't lie about returning mafia to an inspection. There was even discussion about this during Night Zero, where people (e.g. Ashtot) even pointed out that even through an inspection you cannot confirm that someone has a miller role.

I also don't believe there would be a clash like this between a miller and an investigative role. Check any game, and the miller description will always match what the detectives says: alignment/alignment or role/role. There's never a crossover. Therefore, if we're to trust Alice and epona about role names being used, then I'm not sure if an insane cop is even useable in this set-up?

I'm prepared to lynch Natty over this. What do we lose from lynching her? Nothing, of course. Because unless we have another doctor (I doubt it) she's going to be killed tonight if she is telling the truth. If Natty flips blue, then we can always have a vigilante (if we have one and they have any remaining shots left) shoot epona/Alice during the night.

Or not. Because I just remembered hitting The Ostrich causes a townie to die. Frack.

I'm going to wait for Alice to post before voting. I'm hoping she can confirm that returning a random mafia role to all investigative roles is stated in her role PM too. If Natty were a veteran trying to bait a kill, I'm guessing she would have confessed to that already as right now, it looks like she's going to get herself lynched today. If Natty does get lynched and flips blue, I agree with Tina in that suspicion is going to fall on me. In that case, if Natty flips blue I'd rather a vig (if we still have shots remaining) shoot me than town waste a lynch on me tomorrow, because we really really need to hit scum. I promise you that I'm telling the truth about being a town-aligned death miller, but the only proof I can offer you is my word, and that's never worth much in mafia.
If Natty flips scum I'll be keeping a very close eye on ShinySandwich.

I'm debating wether I should share this now or not... It will out my role but it will possibly clear 2 players. I guess I should reveal this info before I'm possibly lynched. :/

I am a Bird-of-Paradise (Detective). However, I think I'm insane. I'll explain; Night 0 I inspected Epona - we all know she claimed miller, so I wanted to confirm that. She came back town aligned, and I was just kind of like "Wut" and I didn't know what to think of that, since we don't know if there's even a godfather in this game. Anyways, Night 1 I inspected ShinySandwich and he returned back mafia-aligned. Now the reason I didn't push anything is because I did not want to reveal I was the DT, and I didn't know how to hint without making it obvious. I was also skeptical of my report after my result from Epona's inspection. After tonight, though, I'm 100% sure I'm insane, because I inspected BlueLeaf and he returned mafia-aligned in my PM, but obviously he was town. Based on that, I think ShinySandwich & Epona can be cleared.

Natty, aren't you supposed to get the role name & pm?
{By the way guys, we have a serial killer on our hands.}

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops not pm forgt tht part

- - - Post Merge - - -

O, this has been said already. Sorry.

Natty, aren't you supposed to get the role name & pm?
{By the way guys, we have a serial killer on our hands.}

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops not pm forgt tht part

- - - Post Merge - - -

O, this has been said already. Sorry.

How do you know?

How do you know?

Considering theres only maybe one detective ~_~ (guess who it is :lemon:)

Believe my claim or not, but I'm the Owl {Detective} and Lauren is the Bat (Serial Killer)
This is why I've been quiet this game, I've always wanted this role, but we need to kill off 3p/scum right away. BTW, can't clear anyone because the people I inspected last nights died.

I really doubt 2 DT's. But it's Nick we are talking about.

You better be telling the truth sweetie! Okay. I want Natty out first to confirm alise. Who agrees?

You better be telling the truth sweetie! Okay. I want Natty out first to confirm alise. Who agrees?

I agree, I want Natty out first

- - - Post Merge - - -

If Minties successfully protected somebody from being killed, would either person be notified?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Asking that because I have a theory involving a possible protection

Considering theres only maybe one detective ~_~ (guess who it is :lemon:)

Believe my claim or not, but I'm the Owl {Detective} and Lauren is the Bat (Serial Killer)
This is why I've been quiet this game, I've always wanted this role, but we need to kill off 3p/scum right away. BTW, can't clear anyone because the people I inspected last nights died.

I really doubt 2 DT's. But it's Nick we are talking about.

I'm inclined to believe this. Lauren hasn't sat right with me this game but I didn't have any concrete reason to suspect her other than lack of contribution. I also said that I thought she was being too obvious to be scum, but I suppose I was wrong?
I'm going to vote for Lauren over Natty, because at least lynching Lauren will provide us with something definite. If Lauren flips green or blue, we know that Alise is lying.
I'd suggest that the vig shoot Natty tonight, but there's a huge risk that she's the ostrich and I don't think we can afford to lose another townie in her place. I'll be willing to change my vote to Natty, depending on which way the majority swings, but for now I'm going to get the ball rolling and vote for Lauren.
Also, it seems plausible to me that Bat could be a serial killer, seeing as it's not actually a bird.

Alice, can you confirm the fact that you and epona will turn up as a random mafia role to an inspection no matter who does it?

Back