Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

Usually through facts and evidence, yours reeks of haste and desperation.

You talk about finger pointing being suspicious (which I do agree with), yet you flip around and accuse people of being desperate? Interesting. c:

Also, how do we expect to get discussions for a lynch started on the first day, if no one brings any name to the table? At this stage of the game, throwing names out is a way to get people talking, to see if any possible slip ups are made.

Actually, I don't suspect Fire. At least no more than anyone else. I feel he was probably just trying to keep everyone on topic. In my own way, so was I.

I find it more suspicious to be so eager to start pointing fingers than to try and reach out. If you're crew, the odds of trusting one person and them being on your side is relatively good. The odds of lynching a random pirate are pretty terrible.

I agree with the others. Your second part of your post is just stating obvious information, so I'll ignore that seeing as it has been discussed.

Your first part (bolded) is just your passive way of accusing me of being a Pirate. However, you don't want to be blunt and say you suspect me, because then you would be a hypocrite and telling us we should be suspicious of you for pointing fingers.

Alright SP, guess I will.

SirGanatar, do you realize how obvious this is? Mafia tend to look like they're contributing, early but actually not. That's what I did game one. This is exactly one of those posts. Thoughts?

Oh, come on, FireNinja! Your first two posts are you trying to look like your contributing when you obviously weren't. "Let's get discussion going guys."

What's weird to me is when SirGanatar posted these lines:

SirGanatar said:
Usually through facts and evidence, yours reeks of haste and desperation.

Actually, I don't suspect Fire. At least no more than anyone else. I feel he was probably just trying to keep everyone on topic. In my own way, so was I.

FireNinja was constantly going to see this thread and going back off. He is either intimidated or multi-tasking with other threads/stuff. I remember when I was being accused with really strong evidence when I was Mafia, I was constantly going back to my scummates and ask them what to do.

Was trying to imply that we should be careful about the first accusations we make, but I suppose that falls under the category of obvious information as well. I would ask that you keep in mind this is my first excursion into the Mafia-verse and I may not be up to speed on some of these 'strategies', but I appreciate you all taking the time to point them out.

Personally I was wondering why iTookYourWaffles was saying publicly that she's interested in a PM circle to begin with her. Aren't you worried that you'll be targeted by the Mafia? If they know you're trying to start a PM circle, then wouldn't they want to squeeze themselves in or try to kill you off early to prevent any players from forming concrete bonds amongst themselves?

If all else fails we can start again by calling out the stronger players. I think it's safe to assume that hosts generally won't allow a Mafia team to have only inactive players without a leader right? On the other hand, this was big last game & maybe hosts want to keep it completely random to throw us off? For this reason I'm more hesitant to say: " it is likely that one of these strong players are hiding a Mafia role". I'm still very okay with getting the strong players to talk more.

Just some thoughts I guess.

Was trying to imply that we should be careful about the first accusations we make, but I suppose that falls under the category of obvious information as well. I would ask that you keep in mind this is my first excursion into the Mafia-verse and I may not be up to speed on some of these 'strategies', but I appreciate you all taking the time to point them out.

Apologies are another red flag.

BBG: Yes, I'm multitasking.

Apologies are another red flag.

BBG: Yes, I'm multitasking.
Oh, OK then. Even if there was no reason to reply to either SirGanatar and Superpenguin's post, I just thought it was strange that you didn't acknowledge them yet.

Ganatar's post is more of "but this is only a theory" rather than "I'm sorry for accusing you."

Not really. His post is still apologizes for his newishness, albeit more subtle.

I'm a bit irritated how everybody is going after the ones that make obvious mistakes. Remember Tom? He kept hidden for the majority of last game. Many of the mafia are probably experienced players who are good at blending in.

I'm a bit irritated how everybody is going after the ones that make obvious mistakes. Remember Tom? He kept hidden for the majority of last game. Many of the mafia are probably experienced players who are good at blending in.
Maybe it would help if you helped discuss with us rather than saying you are irritated. You have just said "Ooh good point there" to most of the accused. You could try posting your Mafia list and your overall opinion about them.

Fine then BBG. I'll do just that.

My Suspicion List so Far

Lunatic - That choice of wording in her post when she said 'interesting' made me suspicious.

FireNinja - Very aggressive in the first few hours of the game. He may be a rigger (miller), and desperate to prove his innocence, or just scum.

iLoveYou - She basically reposted my suspicions about ITookYourWaffles, then ended with 'just some thoughts.' >_>

ITookYourWaffles - Who asks for PMs in the first few minutes of the game? A silly mafia member, that's who.

Beary, mafia's goal is to not draw attention to themselves. And what did I just do in the first few hours of this game? How am I supposed to know I'm a rigger as well? Oh yeah, that's right, it's day 1, nobody's inspected me, I DON'T.

My Suspicion List so Far

Lunatic - That choice of wording in her post when she said 'interesting' made me suspicious.

FireNinja - Very aggressive in the first few hours of the game. He may be a rigger (miller), and desperate to prove his innocence, or just scum.[/snip]

iLoveYou - She basically reposted my suspicions about ITookYourWaffles, then ended with 'just some thoughts.' >_>

ITookYourWaffles - Who asks for PMs in the first few minutes of the game? A silly mafia member, that's who.[/snip]
If you were in the IRC you would have seen that I said it there, that I was thinking the exact same thing as you. Other players can vouch for me. Also, I added a lot more substance rather than your one-liner. For example, it kinda worries me that iTookYourWaffles posted that PM circle post without worrying about being a target for Night One kills from the Mafia. That's a bold move for a supposed Town player to make. Wouldn't you rather try starting PM circles privately too?

In that same post I also posted that I was thinking of tackling the stronger players again. The "Just some thoughts" was referring to the fact that we can start by reaching out to all the stronger players and getting them in the spotlight again. I just wasn't sure how many people would be on board for that again though. So no, I didn't only post about iTookYourWaffles and end it with "Just some thoughts .. " .

Personally I was wondering why iTookYourWaffles was saying publicly that she's interested in a PM circle to begin with her. Aren't you worried that you'll be targeted by the Mafia? If they know you're trying to start a PM circle, then wouldn't they want to squeeze themselves in or try to kill you off early to prevent any players from forming concrete bonds amongst themselves?

If all else fails we can start again by calling out the stronger players. I think it's safe to assume that hosts generally won't allow a Mafia team to have only inactive players without a leader right? On the other hand, this was big last game & maybe hosts want to keep it completely random to throw us off? For this reason I'm more hesitant to say: " it is likely that one of these strong players are hiding a Mafia role". I'm still very okay with getting the strong players to talk more.

Just some thoughts I guess.

My Suspicion List so Far

FireNinja - Very aggressive in the first few hours of the game. He may be a rigger (miller), and desperate to prove his innocence, or just scum.

ITookYourWaffles - Who asks for PMs in the first few minutes of the game? A silly mafia member, that's who.
I'm mostly suspicious of FireNinja1 out of the others on your list. Aggressiveness may not be the smartest move, but it can be the most damaging move.

My suspicion list

Fireninja1: Overly aggresive, asks for a discussion to start, and accuses a new player.

ITYW: Asking to start a pm circle publicly a few minutes into the game. Thats just asking to get killed unless your mafia.

I want to here a defense from both of them before casting my vote.

My Suspicion List so Far

Are you copying the reason I suspected you in the 4th mafia? o-o

Dolby:
Point 1: Overly Aggressive
Being aggressive provokes needed discussion on a lynch. It also can cause slip ups, causing red flags.
Point 2: Asks for a discussion to start
Would I want a discussion to start if I were scum?
3. Accuses a new player
They used their newbishness to their own advantage, by getting themselves out of the spotlight.

You guys don't even know what aggressive means, omg. And it surely isn't a reason to put suspicion on someone.

Back