• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

Dolby:
Point 1: Overly Aggressive
Being aggressive provokes needed discussion on a lynch. It also can cause slip ups, causing red flags.
Point 2: Asks for a discussion to start
Would I want a discussion to start if I were scum?
3. Accuses a new player
They used their newbishness to their own advantage, by getting themselves out of the spotlight.

ok, I agree with you that point two is invalid but I really think that you shouldn't start out by accusing a new player, first, they're new to the game, second they might not know how to defend themselves. As of point one, I get what you mean.

My suspicion list

Fireninja1: Overly aggresive, asks for a discussion to start, and accuses a new player.

ITYW: Asking to start a pm circle publicly a few minutes into the game. Thats just asking to get killed unless your mafia.

I want to here a defense from both of them before casting my vote.
It doesn't matter who FireNinja1 accuses, as long as he has information to back it up. If he doesn't, then we just simply ignore it. There's nothing wrong with aggressive behaviour but forcing people to create discussion at the start of the game is slightly rude, but nothing more. However, we need people to make discussion. You don't tell people to shut up, that's even more rude unless of course, they're spamming.

Waffles, on the other hand, is using somewhat different and strange behaviour from last game. However, I don't see her actions as scummy. She only made a silly action.

I would still like to know what the two think about your suspicions though.

ok, I agree with you that point two is invalid but I really think that you shouldn't start out by accusing a new player, first, they're new to the game, second they might not know how to defend themselves. As of point one, I get what you mean.

Sooner they learn the ropes, the better.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary said:
ag-gres-sive
: ready and willing to fight, argue, etc. : feeling or showing aggression

: using forceful methods to succeed or to do something

medical : very severe

It's more of being forceful rather than being rude (not the best word to use) which is what you guys seem to be doing.

FireNinja posted with reasonable explanations, so his case is settled.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Argh people are ninjaing me.

Alright, I think you're all getting a bit out of control here. As town members, we need to be civilized and calm. We can't let the mafia make fools out of us, like they have before. At the beginning of every game I post about how town members should act. Posting is great, but don't lash out at each other. Don't post very many short, meaningless posts (like Fireninja1 has done a few times (not accusing, just pointing out)). Don't be a distraction to the town, either. If you're a townie and have high suspicion on you (which Dolby has done many times), you're playing wrong. It isn't about keeping low, but it's about keeping out of the way. Watch what you say, and we'll guaranteed find mafia easier this game.
Remember to analyze posts. I noticed that last game, Blu Rose did really well at picking apart others' posts and finding mistakes in them. I suggest some of you who are lacking in that area to go back and read them.
Another note, PM people. Observe what they're saying, check how it lines up with what other people say. The more people you PM, the easier you will be able to find out who is scum. Even create charts or take notes of each person and write down who they accused, what they've claimed, etc on a notepad document. This will be easier than reading through a bunch of PMs all game.
Play smart and we'll find the pirates.

I suggest you contribute your ideas because not contributing is a huge red flag for many people.

Lol I dont know any of you! I'm just a newbie. I have no clue who to vote for.
suspicions though? wouldnt know where to start. Waffles and Fireninja are not suspicious in anyway just because they are facilitating discussion.

I'm a bit irritated how everybody is going after the ones that make obvious mistakes. Remember Tom? He kept hidden for the majority of last game. Many of the mafia are probably experienced players who are good at blending in.

Yo, what's up. :) But yeah, regardless of my role unless I see something that really sticks out to me I'm just going to let you fools duke it out. Day 1 is always going to be awful unless mafia really screws up, so if you want my opinions bug me day two for somethin assumin I live.

Beary, mafia's goal is to not draw attention to themselves. And what did I just do in the first few hours of this game? How am I supposed to know I'm a rigger as well? Oh yeah, that's right, it's day 1, nobody's inspected me, I DON'T.

Ah, FireNinja...
If I were the Godfather, I would want to draw attention to myself. I would want to befuddle the Town.
Anyways... you and the host know you are a rigger, if you are. Someone just might inspect you, but how would I know that? I would like to toos around your name for the first day lynch, but that is just me. Opinions, anyone?

I actually did something on Day 1! Yayyyyy!

Ah, FireNinja...
If I were the Godfather, I would want to draw attention to myself. I would want to befuddle the Town.
Anyways... you and the host know you are a rigger, if you are. Someone just might inspect you, but how would I know that? I would like to toos around your name for the first day lynch, but that is just me. Opinions, anyone?

I actually did something on Day 1! Yayyyyy!

Sorry for being a ghost/observer, but you won't be told if you're a Rigger/Miller.

Okay, it's time I make a case against Trundle, as we have been talking via IRC recently. Going off of what Kayla said as looking at the stronger players, Trundle has yet to be mafia. Since Trundle hasn't been mafia yet, it is easy to detect behavioral changes in him.

I want to clear some things up before I start.

I am not full-on accusing Trundle of being mafia; I do want him to be more vocal in this thread though, as he is not very vocal publicly when it comes to mafia games. Also, I know some fears during Day 1 is lynching a strong player who ends up being Town. Well, I only fear Trundle is blue, but that runs the risk with everyone so we have to take that risk with anyone. Plus, as seen last game, Trundle is a loose-cannon. He had suspicions on BBG and he went telling everyone on IRC. That's careless behavior, imo, and roles/important info can be slipped to the mafia this way. We don't need this happening.

So, like I said earlier, behavioral changes:

IRC said:
[19:47] <Trundle> You have any thoughts so far?
[19:48] <Superpenguin> Really just FireNinja
[19:48] <Superpenguin> People are hopping against that SirGanatar, but I don't know, it's his first time
[19:48] <Trundle> Neither really seem that fishy to me, I just think that it's a good way to start the games conversation
[19:51] <Trundle> I suppose we'll have to wait until Day 2 to start raising some good suspicions unless someone slips up

[20:40] <Superpenguin> Gee, now Waffles is gaining momentum
[20:43] <Trundle> Yeah... Waffles is always doing this in games. Bad town player and it's annoying with all the distractions
[20:45] <Superpenguin> Yeah, but do you think it's possible she is something more, asking for PM Circles publicly?
[20:45] <Superpenguin> more bieng pirate
[20:47] <Trundle> I think it's possible of course but it doesn't raise suspicion in me. If I see more evidence I'll definitely try to figure it out

See how he doesn't have suspicions this early on this game? Every time I come to him about someone, he just tries to brush it off and not get himself involved.
Also, look at the bold regarding Waffles. When I brought her name up, he called her a "Bad Town Player" which makes me believe he knows Waffles is town which he can only know if he is mafia.

Now notice in previous games, Trundle has no problem voicing his early suspicions:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-OVER-HURRAY&p=2059992&viewfull=1#post2059992

In addition to that public suspicion post, Trundle also announced working privately discussing suspicions, most likely NOT brushing them off.

Trundle said:
We have had our fair share of suspicions that didn't concern lurkers, Justin, but we aren't ready to post them yet. If you're so uptight about finding someone who isn't lurking to lynch, I think you should possibly try to contribute instead of waste your time complaining.

Unfortunately, Trundle was not able to discuss with everyone his thoughts for the Game 2 Day 1 lynch. However, he did voice his thoughts about the mayoral candidates. He was so suspicious of everyone running that he chose to vote for himself!

Trundle said:
I guess it was mostly the timing of everything happened that I ended up having to vote for myself. I do find the other members suspicious and I wasn't prepared to make my final decision.

And then I think we are all aware that Trundle had large suspicions against BBG and Tom early on last game. Suspicions on BBG to the point where he was telling EVERYONE about it, obviously being very vocal.

Not sure what to think of him right now. It is a behavioural change and that normally does determine alignment, but we have to remember the Kippla case when he was a townie in the first mini mafia, he searched for information, and was apologetic and meek. Trundle hasn't been a townie for a bit, maybe he simply forgot about the importance of being a town member without special abilities? I doubt that because of the content of post 206. If he doesn't get lynched today then he should definitely get checked by a detective.

I think it's important to hear from people like Farobi, Hikari, River & Oath2Order (probably at work? As I was told). I really understand that it's Day One and there isn't much to say .. even I'm having trouble coming up with contributive posts. What do you guys think of FireNinja1 versus iTookYourWaffles?

I'm kinda worried about the unknowns:

05. FanousOnTheLoose
13. Stargazer741
21. SirGanatar

Alongside the stronger players, I think it's a good idea that we keep those three in the spotlight. We know nothing about them and it'll be very easy for them to hide throughout the game. I am not accusing them of Mafia, rather asking the Town to keep them in the spotlight. Ask them questions, opinions .. anything.

I feel like FireNinja1 (nothing really stands out about his behaviour) & iTookYourWaffles (needs to defend herself still) won't make good Day One lynches.

I think it's important to hear from people like Farobi, Hikari, River & Oath2Order (probably at work? As I was told). I really understand that it's Day One and there isn't much to say .. even I'm having trouble coming up with contributive posts. What do you guys think of FireNinja1 versus iTookYourWaffles?

05. FanousOnTheLoose
13. Stargazer741
21. SirGanatar

Alongside the stronger players, I think it's a good idea that we keep those three in the spotlight. We know nothing about them and it'll be very easy for them to hide throughout the game. I am not accusing them of Mafia, rather asking the Town to keep them in the spotlight. Ask them questions, opinions .. anything.

I feel like FireNinja1 (nothing really stands out about his behaviour) & iTookYourWaffles (needs to defend herself still) won't make good Day One lynches.

I feel like fireninja would be a bad day one lynch, he defended himself and I think that he is innocent after his defense. ITYW asking people IN PUBLIC to start a pm circle with him, that's behavior that gets you killed by mafia unless you are a mafia trying to find blues. I agree that the strong players should be kept in the spotlight (particularly Trundle). I also think that we should investigate the three names you mentioned, particularly SirGanatar after the he versus fireninja situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also a request to Tina, could you please install a timer?

05. FanousOnTheLoose
13. Stargazer741
21. SirGanatar

Thank you Kayla for considering me important to hear from <3 Yes, I was at work. Quick five and a half hour shift, and while I fixed up the toy department, I kept refreshing the page to read, so I'm kind of caught up.

Alrighty, first off, I want to say how much I would prefer that we don't lynch Fanous, Stargazer, or SirGanatar on day one. While I'm not completely shut off to the idea, I just don't feel comfortable lynching them. For starters, they're new. We don't know anything about them, how they post. Sure, they may come off as suspicious, but that's because we have no idea how they play, and for that matter, I'm sure they're still trying to figure out the best way to play. It's day one. It's hard enough for the rest of us to contribute, and we've done this plenty of times before. It's probably harder for them to know what to say.

PZYyM9y.jpg

Love it Karla. Love it. And Tina, nice job with the first post. Amazing <3

Through my initial readings, one name stuck out to me as a possible pirate. BellBringerGreen.

Kind of due to one of the hosts (not FireNinja, the other one)...
----
@FireNinja1
It's kind of hard to expect a good discussion when it hasn't even been an hour yet. Maybe you could try starting it since you seem persistent on doing so.

So first off, BBG goes after FireNinja1. Not surprising. FireNinja is an easy target, considering how he's kind of an annoying player who contributes a lot in the beginning, and very little near the end. This is understandable, and it's not like FireNinja's first two posts actually had much to contribute anyways.

Maybe you should try reading through Mini Mafia more carefully, as repeating general obvious advice is a good way of tracking scum down. You feel like your opinions are correct and unique but in a way they are just rehashed and stuff everyone knows.

Then BBG goes after SirGanatar for posting some general advice. Okay, another easy target. SirGanatar is new, and he posts some obvious tips. But then BBG also comments some really obvious advice, which I bolded. Really? You're going to go after someone for stating the obvious, while you state the obvious yourself? Nice job.

Maybe it would help if you helped discuss with us rather than saying you are irritated. You have just said "Ooh good point there" to most of the accused. You could try posting your Mafia list and your overall opinion about them.

And now BBG goes after Beary. Okay, so beary's post wasn't the most helpful, but it does help remind us that the pirate are probably some people who haven't posted much. At least that's how I take it. In any case, BBG has gone after a third target at this point.

I suggest you contribute your ideas because not contributing is a huge red flag for many people.

And then BBG finally goes after Fanous. Another new player, another easy target. There's a pattern here. BBG has really only posted after someone who is either new or kind of inexperienced posts, and it's always something attacking them. While BBG hasn't outright accused them of being a pirate, it's still attacking them. To me, this looks like a lot of panicked finger-pointing and misdirection.

In regards to other people, Waffles asking to start a PM circle in public to me just sounds like a really stupid idea, and FireNinja is just being FireNinja. Trundle seems like a good candidate. Only posted once, as far as I can see, and his behavior definitely has changed, but I think we can stick with him as a day two candidate.

Unless another good person comes up, then I'm very likely going to ##VOTE: BellBringerGreen.

I personally hadn't noticed that, going after new/less experienced players is suspicious but I would like to hear a reason about this from him. On another note, I made a detective list

Trundle
Tom (sorry but not really wanting to contribute at a certain point raises a small red flag)
ITYW (for publicly trying to start a pm circle, possibly mafia trying to find blues)

To lovely, here's another person who we have're heard from lately, Gandalf

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kindle auto-correction,
To iloveyou

Farobi, Kuma, Hikari, River, Gandalf:

Do you think it's wise to lynch one of the unknown players? Or would you guys feel more comfortable aiming for any lurkers? Or would you guys rather have the Town only target stronger players for Day One lynch? Feel free to make your own lists if you want.

Personally I would consider submitting a vote for anyone, as I'm not tied to any person. That being said, I would consider lynching a stronger player / unknown player (especially if they aren't trying to contribute). Everyone should be ready to defend themselves.

Back