• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

oh i just spelled it wrong lol

I find it incredibly peculiar that both you and Natty spelt it wrong.

I admit I've been pretty scummy looking, but, seeing as I won't be able to defend myself after this because I have to leave, I'm just going to come out with my actual role now: I'm a Mermaid (Theif).

Yes hi hello guys, I'm bored so I'm gonna claim lol. I'm a Nymph (Theif) I am competing with Natty to get the most diamonds. I got one yesterday and none today.

So does anybody have some kind of a game plan for today, or want to share their thoughts on who we should lynch?

Personally (as of right now), I feel Cariad would be a good lynch. She's been on my suspect list for a while and people have made cases that really show how much her behaviour has changed this game. Not to mention her lack of contribution.

I'd also just like to say that if people are seriously annoyed by Sataric, just get over it and play the game. If it's really that much of an inconvenience that you think you should complain about it, then don't join games he's playing in.

C r y s t a l is still giving me a scummy vibe but when I really think about it, she gives scummy vibes pretty much every game because all she does is jump on people and ask for them to be killed or accuses them of scum and wants them lynched. It's not really a good strategy imo and I think she needs to change for future games.

Alise is having a hard time with her computer but it isn't really a valid excuse, as she's on the IRC pretty much 24/7 chatting away. I'd like to hear more from you, and I know you said you'd make a case on me but there's not really any point because I'm Town. As I said earlier my name is Benjamin and I believe Tom posted the roles from MM2 so gather what you will from that (not just talking to Alise here). Thanks for making an effort.

JellofishXD, you really just pop in to say a few words over one thing that one person called you out for, but realistically people have been calling you out all game and will continue to until you're dead or you actually start contributing. From my past experiences with him, he seems to do this in most games. You don't really do anything, just pop in to say a couple words then vanish as if nothing ever happened. You say there are things going on IRL, and that happens to everyone, but you should at least try to contribute.

Dolby seems to have slipped under the radar a bit. I could be wrong but for the past little while I don't think he's come up much and I really want you to start talking more. Seeing as how oath2order died and he just happened to be the Detective makes me especially skeptical, because as many of us know, you have some kind of magic blue sniping power that you use to win games for the scum. If you don't start stepping up I feel it may not end well for you.

Minties seems Town to me, but I really think we should be keeping an eye on her because you never know.

Trundle seems weird, but it isn't just him being nice or anything. Something else seems kinda off and I still can't put my finger on it. It could be the way he's wording his posts I suppose, but I honestly have no real idea. It's more of a gut feeling but I just can't help but feel that something isn't right. I also don't recall him really responding to any of the times I've mentioned being suspicious of him, which I find strange, especially because it's me.

I honestly think that Karen is playing quite strangely. She is normally much more thoughtful and thorough in how she writes her posts, but they just seem a bit sloppy this game. I know it's her first game back but I don't see that as a real reason to disregard her being less active and posting the way she is. The Karen I knew punched scum in the face and was just a bit more aggressive in general. I feel like she is disinterested/not really trying and I think we really need to watch her.

Yui-Z, honestly, when Tom put up the MM2 role list, I thought once again about what Superpenguin shared with us before he died. I know that the logic isn't perfect, but I honestly can't stop thinking about the possibility of her being scum, even if it is just because of her role name.

Jeremy really hasn't done much other than question KarlaKGB, which I find kind of weird, but it's true that he tends to be more active later in games.

These are my thoughts on the majority of the players right now, the others have been talked about a lot and I just don't have much to say about them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You know I'm going to agree with this, and it's strange because I was about to mention Cory and how I think his claim may have been fake. Nymph seems like a weird name for something that's going to be stealing treasure etc. in this setup imo. He claimed second and he just happened to spell Thief wrong as well, which I mean a lot of people do, but still. Also, if Cory really is this Nymph, why didn't you claim earlier? I just think that some things don't really add up. "I'm bored so I'm gonna claim", doesn't really convince me. It sounds like a cover for a scum role if anything, because otherwise I think you would have claimed when Natty did, or not at all, there would really be no other reason for you to claim. The fact that you've actually been doing pretty well this game makes me even more suspicious.

I misspelled the word once. Typos happen often, so I don't see how that's anything too peculiar. My reason in particular was because I was in a hurry when I was typing it out, and I was using an iPhone keypad.

I honestly think that Karen is playing quite strangely. She is normally much more thoughtful and thorough in how she writes her posts, but they just seem a bit sloppy this game. I know it's her first game back but I don't see that as a real reason to disregard her being less active and posting the way she is. The Karen I knew punched scum in the face and was just a bit more aggressive in general. I feel like she is disinterested/not really trying and I think we really need to watch her.

I've just been busy with school the past few days and yeah, I was honestly lazy to make nice long thoughtful posts. Now that its the weekend, I should be posting better/more. (Plus, what did you expect on the first day?)

I misspelled the word once. Typos happen often, so I don't see how that's anything too peculiar. My reason in particular was because I was in a hurry when I was typing it out, and I was using an iPhone keypad.

iPhone would autocorrect that though.

I still think the Thief claims are both real. Like Natty said it was probably a typo. It wasn't a great idea to out yourself just because you were bored @Cory but it does make it easier to narrow the list of possible suspects if the last mermaid outs (since *two?* are out already) and it won't make a big difference. If someone else claims mermaid then one of the claims are fake.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops no post merge

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not if you turn autocorrect off? But I don't see why anyone would do that. Good point

Not when I put theif instead of thief. I do remember it correcting to their, and I just back spaced and added an f.

ie and ei are easy to get mixed up, believe it or not.

I'll make a post in the morning, but rip oath. Who would've thought he was a detective

I was gonna say that both natty and Cory are scum, but the whole "three thieves" thing catches me. It definitely caught Cory off guard, if he's fakeclaiming he was hoping to play off the fact that nobody knows how many thieves there are. I'm inclined to believe natty here, while I'm suspicious of Cory.

Any other thieves may as well claim. Neither town nor mafia have any real motivation to kill you, and your fellow thieves can't kill you either. If we know who the thieves are, it also means other thieves can't manipulate us into eliminating the competition.

Cariad

Now Cariad (aka MissNoodle aka MissNiamh) doesn't sit right with me. I've played with her in many games so far.

She was a blue in XCOM mafia and her posts were more coherent and well thought out (although she only posted twice). Just the overall tone of them comes off differently from her playstyle this game:

That game I was confused so i tried to show that I wasn't confused, even though I had some frantic PMs to fel.

It could just be me being nitpicky, but I noticed a difference in Cariad's typing from looking at her past games. She seems to be less careful as townie and mafia. In most of her townie games, the bulk of her posts consisted of talking about timezones and being inactive. Some of Cariad's posts that stuck out to me in this game:

To be honest, I'm trying to improve, so my posts are going to be different. And, surely, people must know I'm in a different time zone, so what's the point of complaining about it?

We prodded and prodded for people to post suspicions and all Cariad came up with was the same thing regurgitated about Sataric that like 5 others said before her. To me it seems like backpacking on other player's suspicion so you LOOK like you're doing something when you're not, which is what she has done pretty much all game.

I was honestly suspicious of him. And if others were too, then they can be.

Again, we know that Dad is heavily into reaction testing. He has done it in every single game he has played, which is why I'm surprised at how she automatically attempted to get us to infer that he was scum. This is pretty much the kind of thing he was testing for. :rolleyes:

Cariad jumps on SP after everyone has, repeating what they have all said as her reasons. SP is known for doing stupid stuff in games and lynching Yui because of a name was definitely one of them. I just find it interesting how easily Cariad has trailed after the suspicions of other people and basically said "OH YES THIS I AGREE ME TOO". I've put the random one-liners in a spoiler if anyone is interested, I don't have much to say about them other than how vastly the sentence structure and grammar contrasts with her blue posts above.

I had to vote, and I didn't see anyone else. I'm really trying to improve this game, but I keep on getting called out on my difference on posts. I assure you you do not want to lynch me today.

Replies in bold.

Hi, yes I won't be about today as I'm working 10 hours then at a 25 wedding anniversary, so I will be placing a vote on myself. I will read the thread and if anything sticks out or in mentioned I'll try to reply ASAP! I'll be about tomorrow. I am sorry.

the anticipation is killing me

Wow, the anticipation really did kill him.

Jokes aside, I'm leaving in about 10 minutes for a wedding ( as I mentioned before ) so I don't have time to make any posts but I'm pushing Cariad for lynch as I've called her out multiple times and made a case on her as well, and now Minties has hit on other points too.
Also, I'm a Kelpie (Thief).
You can essentially think of me as a townie because, while I have my own win condition, I count towards towns numbers and I may as well help you guys out. Not disclosing my gem info :>

Cory - My suspicions were tiny for you, until you roleclaimed. Part of me wants to believe your claim because it kind of makes sense in a way.

Okay, so I was only told that I was competing with two other players for getting the most diamonds. I wasn't told what their rolenames are, just that there's two other thieves. So they based on every player having unique rolenames, the other thieves are probably something different? Also, Every player is holding an item but only 7 are holding treasure, every one else has petty things.

The bold part of what Natty says makes it quite likely that Cory is telling the truth about his role name. She never actually said that all three are mermaids, although I expected it before Cory's claim. A Nymph is a mythical creature, kind of like a Goddess so it would make sense. Thank you Google.

There's a sudden gap in the time-frame between his replies to Natty when she catches him out, which I believe was most likely him checking his role pm, but I could be wrong and it may have been something else.

I'm a bit skeptical about his reason for claiming; that he was bored. Why would you use this for your reasoning for roleclaiming? I think him being caught-out was an innocent mistake, and I can probably see myself doing that sort of think anyway.

Overall, I believe Cory's claim for now.

ryan88 - I believe his claim as the town roleblocker for now. He stated that he blocked Tom last night, but nothing went through. This leads me to believe that he was roleblocked by a mafia roleblocker. It would make sense, especially after him roleclaiming so maybe scum were worried that he might catch one of them next.

Minties - Convinced that you're town from what I've seen from you so far. It makes sense that you can't post as much because of work and moving, but you're still making an effort to make some good posts.

Alice - Again, not really suspicious to me. You're not quick to try and lynch people, even Oath who turned out to be the detective. I believe you're town at the moment.

Dolby - Ughh, I never know with Dolby. You stop by whenever you're in the neighborhood and then vanish for a while. He hasn't skipped around with his votes or anything, but he's someone I do keep forgetting about. For the moment I'd categorize you as town, but if there's missing scum at the end then I'll probably look towards you first.

Dad - Has been actively contributing to the game. While his case on Oath had some flaws, and Oath turned out to be the detective anyway, he does seem very town-like to me.

Karen - I don't know if you're one of the thieves , but I get the feeling that you're not town, but at the same time not a siren. I'm not saying that if you're not a thief then you're a siren (or vice versa) either, it's just the vibe I've been getting from you.

JellofishXD - You remind me of a time you played as scum (I can't remember the game exactly, so if someone could remind me that that'd be great, thanks). Coming out with a post every now and then to avoid modkill, but that's it. However you claim to be going through some private stuff, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that.

I do agree with a lot that Minties said about you and how you're posting though, and I'm not going to drop my suspicions on you just yet.

KarlaKGB - Seems town-like. I haven't really got anything else to say about you.

Sataric - My suspicions were raised for you when you and Tom both knew something town didn't. Then I realized that it made sense that you didn't so that the scum team didn't get hold of the information too. Convinced that you're town.

Ashtot - Although I made a crappy post about you before, my suspicions still stand for you. Maybe it's a gut feeling, or maybe I'm just hungry. Either way, I'm not going to ignore you and I'm still gonna keep an eye on you (my suspicions have dropped a little though, I'll mention).

Tom - You keep slipping into the shadows, in my opinion. I can see people's points about Tom not being around much, but I'll give him a little longer before I decide. Unsure whether to believe you're town or not.

Trundle - Seems fine to me in a way, but I'm not 100% sure. If he's scum, then he's probably using the not wanting to be unkind thing to hide behind.

Crystal - Do I even need to say anything for her? I still think you're as scummy as ever. :) Why did it take you so long to start defending yourself? I've asked that question before, and don't think I got an answer. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Gotta go, I'll finish it later.

Wow, the anticipation really did kill him.

Jokes aside, I'm leaving in about 10 minutes for a wedding ( as I mentioned before ) so I don't have time to make any posts but I'm pushing Cariad for lynch as I've called her out multiple times and made a case on her as well, and now Minties has hit on other points too.
Also, I'm a Kelpie (Thief).
You can essentially think of me as a townie because, while I have my own win condition, I count towards towns numbers and I may as well help you guys out. Not disclosing my gem info :>
Oof 2 strong competitors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, if you want to waste a valuable day and lynch me because I misspelled a commonly misspelled word go ahead.

JellofishXD
JellofishXD has done pretty much nothing so far this game, having made eight posts so far this game, none of them being exactly high quality, three of them having nothing relevant to the game being said there. She has had one suspect, C R S T Y A L merely because they pushed an inactive lynch and on day one proceeded to vote for themselve.

Being groggy headed and super sleepy, this is the best that I could pull together, but here's an interesting fact:
After reading oath's last post, you can determine that he was blocked on night zero by scum, will go more into that later

Back